• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Code Vein
  3. Finally a site talking about CV again

User Info: MercwithMouth82

MercwithMouth82
10 months ago#1
https://www.psu.com/news/where-is-code-vein/
GT&PSN:MercwithMouth82/Friendcode:5344-0132-5074 YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/mrsoandso
--- My common sense is tingling

User Info: RyomaOfHoshido

RyomaOfHoshido
10 months ago#2
Makes a lot of good points. This game is not going to do very well unless they really innovate
14. Do not argue with trolls, it means that they win.

User Info: SorrowOfAcheron

SorrowOfAcheron
10 months ago#3
I really wonder how much they are changing.
I'm all for surprises.
"its very time of starting your story.
keep going!"
- Alice -99th

MercwithMouth82
10 months ago#4
Code Vein being released as mobile game instead...
GT&PSN:MercwithMouth82/Friendcode:5344-0132-5074 YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/mrsoandso

User Info: Ragiroth

Ragiroth
10 months ago#5
MercwithMouth82 posted...

Oh god.....

But I guess that's cool if they make the game more unique but at the same time, part of it's charm for me was that it was like Dark Souls but with a cooler setting and designs.
Official Scarecrow of the Injustice 2 boards PSN-Ragiroth
My youtube channel-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMERPuPx-fmj454YDxDESg

MercwithMouth82
10 months ago#6
Ragiroth posted...

Oh god.....

But I guess that's cool if they make the game more unique but at the same time, part of it's charm for me was that it was like Dark Souls but with a cooler setting and designs.

@Ragiroth

Oh sorry, that's not confirmed. Only the worst possible scenario for me.

User Info: Ragiroth

Ragiroth
10 months ago#7
Ragiroth posted...

Oh god.....

@Ragiroth

Oh sorry, that's not confirmed. Only the worst possible scenario for me.

Oh yeah I know, I was just reacting to the thought lol
Official Scarecrow of the Injustice 2 boards PSN-Ragiroth
My youtube channel-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMERPuPx-fmj454YDxDESg

User Info: Gunzleader

Gunzleader
10 months ago#8
still hope this comes out.
also no one cares what your official of.
Im Ericsh(SD) from phantasy star online dreamcast. Gamecube ver. Myst lv 197 RAmarl.
Molon labe get a better background check plus mental health system.

User Info: AsuraNinja

AsuraNinja
10 months ago#9
I just hope the added dev time is used to do some major overhauls since to me CV was lacking in both dynamics and innovation.

The level design at a glance seems interesting enough aside from the sometimes jarringly out of place ladders but the gameplay looked flat due to an overly static camera and stiff/unpolished animations for both enemy and player alike coupled with a lack of environmental engagement.

The reactions to being hit look very lazy and unresponsive with there essentially being one or two static animation/s to being hit regardless of direction, weight or force leading to combat looking generic and samey from one encounter to another.

Monsters also needed a redesign as every one seemed to be the same creature functionally with a different skin of varying size holding a weapon of some sort which in itself felt samey since every weapon appeared to be modeled the same (a thin pipe/handle with an oversized blade/hamner at the end that honestly looked comical to me) with little creativity.

I guess i can understand that they are supposed to be fallen revenants but i don't think that's an excuse for them to lack diversity or inspiration and be so samey from movement to design to interaction, some should be actual creatures maybe some fliers or animal like monsters but not just weapon wielding psychos so as to break up the monotony.

I don't mean to s*** all over the game since I'm still looking forward to it regardless but i just feel like it could really be an outstanding game if they put in the effort since the boss fights are pretty well done homestly, especially Queens Knight.

User Info: SorrowOfAcheron

SorrowOfAcheron
10 months ago#10
AsuraNinja posted...
I just hope the added dev time is used to do some major overhauls since to me CV was lacking in both dynamics and innovation.

The level design at a glance seems interesting enough aside from the sometimes jarringly out of place ladders but the gameplay looked flat due to an overly static camera and stiff/unpolished animations for both enemy and player alike coupled with a lack of environmental engagement.

The reactions to being hit look very lazy and unresponsive with there essentially being one or two static animation/s to being hit regardless of direction, weight or force leading to combat looking generic and samey from one encounter to another.

Monsters also needed a redesign as every one seemed to be the same creature functionally with a different skin of varying size holding a weapon of some sort which in itself felt samey since every weapon appeared to be modeled the same (a thin pipe/handle with an oversized blade/hamner at the end that honestly looked comical to me) with little creativity.

I guess i can understand that they are supposed to be fallen revenants but i don't think that's an excuse for them to lack diversity or inspiration and be so samey from movement to design to interaction, some should be actual creatures maybe some fliers or animal like monsters but not just weapon wielding psychos so as to break up the monotony.

I don't mean to s*** all over the game since I'm still looking forward to it regardless but i just feel like it could really be an outstanding game if they put in the effort since the boss fights are pretty well done homestly, especially Queens Knight.

Pretty much agree with all your points.
Really hope they smoothen things out.
"its very time of starting your story.
keep going!"
- Alice -99th
  1. Boards
  2. Code Vein
  3. Finally a site talking about CV again
  • Topic Archived