You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker
  3. future of naruto/boruto games beyond Shinobi striker
hanfoi 7 months ago#1
i'd like to share my opinion on this, i think SS2 won't be the next game
it will happen eventually but it won't happen too soon
i think Bandai has something else in stock for us for the next year
the first PS5 boruto game could be a boruto-only game by CC2 , based on the same style of storm 1 and demon slayer game
the roster might be 20+ , will have RPG elements, and will tend to cover the original story of Boruto anime with no original additions or subtraction
just what CC2 are good at. this won't cover the story or non-major characters from naruto, cuz that's an already finished franchise that no longer has an on going anime

another game that's inevitable to happen is a naruto/boruto fighterZ, this could cover both boruto and naruto, i expect it to happen 2 years or 3 years later cuz the first priority would be a CC2 game

the 2nd priority could be Shinobi striker 2 , which is an obvious choice , and Bandai seems interested in expanding this game to the max
Ex-Time Patroller
Sir_Punsalot 7 months ago#2
Much as I love to see it, I'm really not sure if we'll get to see a naruto game by CC2 anytime soon.
They seem to be diversifying their effort as of late. With hinokami chronicles and kakarot.
As for what will come in the future, who knows
"Y'all are stupid" - Guzman
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
hanautaBOB 5 months ago#3
Sir_Punsalot posted...
Much as I love to see it, I'm really not sure if we'll get to see a naruto game by CC2 anytime soon.
They seem to be diversifying their effort as of late. With hinokami chronicles and kakarot.
As for what will come in the future, who knows

If youbplayed Kakarot, you would know its just Naruto on Steroids... At least gameplay wise.

In game Graphic isn't quite as great, but people like to fotget thta during Cinematic shots that "look just right" (both in gameplay and Cutscenes).

Demon Slayer is even closer to Storm games... So yeah, I don't think they really strayed all that much.

That said, Boruto isn't as big as Naruto was at its prime. Many old Fans don't like how Boruto treats the old Cast and don't care anout the new Kids. Many even hate Boruto specifically...

So I don't know if they will finally sever the Bond to Naruto or if everygame will try to be "Naruto to Boruto", same as many Dragonball Games prefer to slap the Z on the Title.

If it helps selling games, they'll keep clinging on to Naruto Content and as sure as people will buy 3 New Gokus as DLC, they will keep buxing Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi and other beloved characters as DLC when offered.

I think Boruto will never be it's own thing, at least not in the realm of Video Games.
xenosaga123 4 months ago#4
CC2 games are obsolete. only a Shinobi Striker 2 as good or better than SS1 would be a Naruto/Boruto game worth playing. its practically the Xenoverse of this IP, and we seen how Xenoverse 2 raised the standards further and still years later better supported, better features, better roster, character creation, better selling in the longterm, more variety of builds, cooperative team content, and more players than DBFZ. SS2 could add a an original single player story centered on character creation like Xenoverse 2 has, expand the world hub further, expand the multiplayer features, and it would be golden and even more popular than any games in the whole IP. perhaps they could even have a ninja village residence feature, that would be cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y30eZxmJSMc
(edited 4 months ago)
hanautaBOB 4 months ago#5
xenosaga123 posted...
CC2 games are obsolete.

As long as people love "Replaying their Favorite Anime" they'll do fine.

In the end most people that complained about the Storm games getting progressively worse were still PAYING CUSTOMERS.

And from what I heard Kakarot and their Demon Slayer game did pretty well...

So, love them or hate them, as long as they make nice looking Cutscenes, Anime Fanboys won't care one shred they just recycle the Gameplay with some minor tweaks. They'll just be happy to revisit the story inside of a Game.

So as long as they can do it with popular Animes, they'll stay around.
hanfoi 4 months ago#6
next month will be the announcemnet of a boruto RPG game by CC2
hopefully it has some 3D fighter arena elements like a decent 20+ roster and VS mode
Ex-Time Patroller
(edited 4 months ago)
hanautaBOB 4 months ago#7
hanfoi posted...
next month will be the announcemnet of a boruto RPG game by CC2
hopefully it has some 3D fighter arena elements like a decent 20+ roster and VS mode

Did you play Kakarot?

Because, if you did, you would see those expectations as unrealistic...

Some people speculate either some Kinda Miles Morales type of "Stand Alone" Kakarot DLC focusing on Super (Basicly that Trunks DLC just for the Super Story), because there is that Dragonball even t in February, but personally, I don't think they'd do that if we know a new DB game is already slated for 2022 with Breakers.

Also... CC2 Said it would get people talking.

I don't think "CC2 does another Naruto" will get people talking.

Maybe some new Anime that didn't have a Console release in a long time or ever.

Or maybe they'll be like "Maybe you heard the Title already, One Piece Odyssey, we are proud to tell you it is us working on it".

Who knows?

I think DB is unlikely because of Breakers and Boruto because it hasn't nearly as many Fans as Naruto had at his peak and that has been YEARS... I'm pretty sure Naruto/Boruto isn't the thing they meant when they said it would get people talking.

Unless they would make a next Gen Game that Starts with Kid Naruto and goes all the way to the end of Shipuuden with like 2 or 3 Boruto Arcs in the end... Like a "Perfect Storm" that tries to do what Kakarot did and use the complete story.

But... I don't see them announcing it in February and releasing in Summer.

It's probably not gonna be something massive, but something smaller, that has good enough stuff ready to show in February and basically only needs small touch ups after that to go into production for retail.
(edited 4 months ago)
hanfoi 4 months ago#8
hanautaBOB posted...
Did you play Kakarot?

Because, if you did, you would see those expectations as unrealistic...

Some people speculate either some Kinda Miles Morales type of "Stand Alone" Kakarot DLC focusing on Super (Basicly that Trunks DLC just for the Super Story), because there is that Dragonball even t in February, but personally, I don't think they'd do that if we know a new DB game is already slated for 2022 with Breakers.

Also... CC2 Said it would get people talking.

I don't think "CC2 does another Naruto" will get people talking.

Maybe some new Anime that didn't have a Console release in a long time or ever.

Or maybe they'll be like "Maybe you heard the Title already, One Piece Odyssey, we are proud to tell you it is us working on it".

Who knows?

I think DB is unlikely because of Breakers and Boruto because it hasn't nearly as many Fans as Naruto had at his peak and that has been YEARS... I'm pretty sure Naruto/Boruto isn't the thing they meant when they said it would get people talking.

Unless they would make a next Gen Game that Starts with Kid Naruto and goes all the way to the end of Shipuuden with like 2 or 3 Boruto Arcs in the end... Like a "Perfect Storm" that tries to do what Kakarot did and use the complete story.

But... I don't see them announcing it in February and releasing in Summer.

It's probably not gonna be something massive, but something smaller, that has good enough stuff ready to show in February and basically only needs small touch ups after that to go into production for retail.
did you play naruto storm 1? did you play demon slayer game?
both have a decent roster and at the same time there is a partial free-roam and rpg quest elements in the world of naruto / demon slayer
this is what we'll get for the first boruto game on ps5
Ex-Time Patroller
hanautaBOB 4 months ago#9
hanfoi posted...
did you play naruto storm 1? did you play demon slayer game?
both have a decent roster and at the same time there is a partial free-roam and rpg quest elements in the world of naruto / demon slayer
this is what we'll get for the first boruto game on ps5

Well, I'd hardly call roaming through the Tunnel Like Areas that most storm Games did as "Free Roaming", though Running through Konoha in Storm 1 was kinda satisfying.

I didn't play Demon Slayer, so I can't tell how much RPG stuff they shoved in there...

All I know is that Dumb Stat ups like the PS2 games of Naruto (Ultimate Ninja 3,Uzumaki Chronicles 1 + 2) don't make a game necessarily better.

And you want to pray they don't try the Kakarot route there they "focus on the RPG elements" since they were extremely superficial and any semblance of difficulty was thrown out of the Window if you were a few levels above your enemy, because the Power Creep was that extreme.

It was especially easy for Gohan to become overpowered if you just tried to clear all side quests, by the time you're supposed to fight Cell he will be a pushover for Gohan.

So yeah, I'd rather have a game that ignores stuff like that. I'm also not a Fan of Side quests in Naruto there the enemy gets "harder" just by getting loads of ATK and DEF and stuff like insta guardbreak, heavy poisonbeith each attack, Health and/or Auto-Chakra Recovery...

It's just trying to mask it regular battles with dumb Handicaps.

In conclusion, whater type of Stat Ups or other RPG like elements Naruto games had wasn't good and CC2's attempt at a full blown RPG was pretty weak...

So yeah, that's why I want them to ignore that stuff. They are NOT good at it.
Fatback 3 months ago#10
They should go Shinobi Striker 2 and add proper villages and akutsuki. It's sad that they won't have the budget to do a real open world MMO style game. That's what we all want. Pick your village, class and do missions for your village. That would really make every decision count. With certain moves being tied to certain villages and NPC defenses for villages to give a benefit to staying with the village system over everyone going rogue. It blows my mind just how much money game developers have passed on by not doing a Naruto MMO.
I'm quickly becoming an old man. I want to tell younger gamers to get off my lawn and wave a copy of pitfall in my hand while I do it.
  1. Boards
  2. Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker
  3. future of naruto/boruto games beyond Shinobi striker

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I fix the game crashing constantly? Tech Support1 Answer
Cooldown Times? General1 Answer
Can you play as other characters? General1 Answer
Susanoo? Side Quest3 Answers
Boss Weakness Information Required Please? Enemy/Boss1 Answer