You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Samurai Shodown DLC lineup and release windows revealed

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
3 weeks ago#21
Samurai Spirits/Samurai Shodown? Obscure? Far from it.

At least they have gotten more games than Darkstalkers, Art of Fighting, World Heroes, The Last Blade, Aggressors of Dark Kombat, Kabuki Klash, Red Earth, etc.

Now those series are obscure. None of them have even gotten a modern game like SS did (& the last SS game was SS Sen back on Xbox 360). Plus SS has far more memorable characters than most of the series of games that I've mentioned.
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Sogetsu's more popular cuz he's traditionally been stronger than his bro in every game especially in their debut. Same with Suija over Enja.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
3 weeks ago#23
Kazuki is the single most boring character to show up in the genre. He looks like a background NPC... for Virtua Fighter.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: Seiichi Omori

Seiichi Omori
3 weeks ago#24
im down with Japanese The Crow
http://i.imgur.com/cK2KzdK.gif
That was the zing of zings, I now crown Mr. Omori the King of Slams - SpiralSage (some guy)

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
3 weeks ago#25
Shinobi120 posted...
Samurai Spirits/Samurai Shodown? Obscure? Far from it.

At least they have gotten more games than Darkstalkers, Art of Fighting, World Heroes, The Last Blade, Aggressors of Dark Kombat, Kabuki Klash, Red Earth, etc.

Now those series are obscure. None of them have even gotten a modern game like SS did (& the last SS game was SS Sen back on Xbox 360). Plus SS has far more memorable characters than most of the series of games that I've mentioned.

Calling Darkstalkers obscure seems a bit of a stretch.

If anything Capcom themselves made it obscure.
"Imagine a world where hypothetical situations didn't exist..."

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
3 weeks ago#26
Two months per character is fine, honestly. Just gives the game more longevity in an environment where everything's flavor-of-the-month, and hopefully with that time comes polish and balance.

Speaking of taking a while to get four characters out, did Namco just give up on Cassandra?
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.

User Info: Taitao

Taitao
3 weeks ago#27
This feels like '95 again bc Basara is the real mofo.
HSF2:AE++
The lack of Iroha clearly shows that SNK is catering to the western fans first, good job.

Pitaya posted...
Speaking of taking a while to get four characters out, did Namco just give up on Cassandra?

It take much longer considering CAS Pack 1 and Additional Character Amy released in a same month.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
3 weeks ago#29
Beastofprey0079 posted...
The lack of Iroha clearly shows that SNK is catering to the western fans first, good job.

It's obvious that they're saving Iroha for the 2nd season for some easy profits, not because they're "catering to western fans first."
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.

User Info: Krow_Incarnate

Krow_Incarnate
3 weeks ago#30
Woo, Kazuki!!!
Hail Hydra
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Samurai Shodown DLC lineup and release windows revealed