You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Samurai Shodown DLC lineup and release windows revealed

User Info: marchefelix

marchefelix
3 weeks ago#1
Source is SNK’s Facebook page “KOF WORLD”:

https://i.imgtc.ws/1a6eKYz.jpg

Yay for Basara

Kazuki was the more popular Kazama brother, so it’s no surprise he got in over Sogetsu. Still, it’s strange not seeing them together.

The last DLC character should have been him instead of lame-ass Wan-Fu. He’s base roster material at most. What weapon will he have this time around, I wonder

No Iroha is a little bit shocking...
What if you wanted to go to Heaven, but God said GUH-HUH!
8/8/2018 - K. Rool in Smash 6/11/2019 - Banjo & Kazooie in Smash
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
3 weeks ago#2
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/06/25/snk-kicks-off-samurai-shodown-with-launch-trailer-full-dlc-reveal/

Wan uses a giant pillar.
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: Valiant_Kaiser

Valiant_Kaiser
3 weeks ago#3
I wanted Sieger, but realize there was never any chance lol

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 weeks ago#4
Seiger is awesome. 8 months for Wan Fu is stupid. The wait for all these characters is dumb. Kazuki with no Sogetsu (I'd say they are equally popular) is silly.

DLC just makes games worse. Who here is going to claim an 8 month dev time for Wan Fu is accurate?

Also, the straight SFV presentation rip offs they keep doing are bowel inducing.

marchefelix
3 weeks ago#5
A stone pillar for Wan-Fu? Meh.

I don’t see how he can feasibly achieve the blood fountain effect that Rage Flashes do with that kind of weapon. I can barely find Wu-Ruixiang’s believable.

I’m all for weapon variety, but in a game like this that emphasizes bloodshed, blunt weapons don’t work. They achieve a different effect from bladed weapons.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: KarateTiger

KarateTiger
3 weeks ago#6
Ukyo, Kazuki, Charlotte, Wan Fu, and Basara...
Besides Shizumaru and Seiger I have no one to miss, all my mains in.

Of course I don't count Haohmaru since he's the stereotypical char to play.
PSN SNK90s. Playing Street Fighter since 1987, SamSho 1993er, KOF 1994er, Garou 1995er, Tekken 1995er, Power Instinct 1995er, Soul 1997er.
Arcade cat 1985-1999

User Info: BombermanGold

BombermanGold
3 weeks ago#7
....That release schedule already gave me a downer. Holy HELL that's a long-ass wait.

Makes me wonder what the total development time for this game initially was, and how come they didn't just make a BIG all-at-once DLC pack for the other characters?

Also...for being one of the initial people on the roster of the first and second game, what the hell do they have against Gen'an?
"I will be your superhero!!!"
STEAM ID: BombermanGOLDEN

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
3 weeks ago#8
I thought Wan Fu uses a giant scimitar.
"Imagine a world where hypothetical situations didn't exist..."

User Info: BombermanGold

BombermanGold
3 weeks ago#9
Solid Sonic posted...
I thought Wan Fu uses a giant scimitar.

He wound up with a gimmick that every SamSho game he appeared in, he used a different weapon.
This game it's a first time he reused one (stone pillar).
"I will be your superhero!!!"
STEAM ID: BombermanGOLDEN

marchefelix
3 weeks ago#10
Maybe Gen’an isn’t as popular as some of you make him out to be. He honestly seems like a meme choice people rally behind.

Ugly character with an annoying play style, he has all the makings of not being a popular character, yet people are shocked this “essential” character didn’t make the cut? LOL

Quite frankly, this trend of rallying behind weirdos/uglies is annoying. On the surface, it screams of being a misguided attempt of countering the waifu/kawaii culture that has infected fighting games. I could be wrong, though.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Samurai Shodown DLC lineup and release windows revealed