You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Wish there was a Super Smash Bros Collection

User Info: WicthBalder

WicthBalder
1 month ago#1
Would it be possible to get a Nintendo Switch Collection of Super Smash Bros, Melee and Brawl?
Because Losing Sucks

User Info: Will Smith

Will Smith
4 weeks ago#2
I think a Smash collection has been overdue.

Regardless if the games are for sale individually on Nintendo's e-store, a Smash compilation would be good to have the series accessible on one format and easily switch between games.

Capcom and SNK have been doing a pretty good job at teleasing compilations from their Fighting library, other developers should step it up.

I'm sure that there are players out there whom would want a compilation from various fighting series.

- Battle Arena Toshinden
- Fighting Vipers,
- Psychic Force
- Power instinct

User Info: Blue_Inigo

Blue_Inigo
4 weeks ago#3
Nintendo is really weird about re-releasing older games. They don't mind throwing out their NES games thirty times over but anything past that they're super stingy about.

I'd love to play GBA, 64, and GC games on the Switch.
"This is your last dance."

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
4 weeks ago#4
To be honest, there's really no reason for one when we have Smash Bros. Ultimate in which we have every character & stage in the book from the original, Melee, Brawl, & Smash 4 (as well as new characters & stages). All redone in HD.
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.

User Info: Will Smith

Will Smith
4 weeks ago#5
Shinobi120 posted...
To be honest, there's really no reason for one when we have Smash Bros. Ultimate in which we have every character & stage in the book from the original, Melee, Brawl, & Smash 4 (as well as new characters & stages). All redone in HD.

TBQH, that's kind of like saying a compilation that features:

1.)X-MEN: Children of the Atom
2.)Marvel Super Heroes
3.)X-MEN vs Street Fighter
4.)Marvel Super Heroes Vs SF
5.)Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes

.....shouldn't exist because we have MVC2 in HD. MVC2 has all of the characters from the previous crossovers and more.

But MVC2 isn't a substitute for owning a Marvel Vs Capcom Fighting Anthology in the least.

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
4 weeks ago#6
Will Smith posted...
Shinobi120 posted...

TBQH, that's kind of like saying a compilation that features:

1.) X-MEN: Children of the Atom
2.) Marvel Super Heroes
3.) X-MEN vs Street Fighter
4.) Marvel Super Heroes Vs SF
5.) Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes

.....shouldn't exist because we have MVC2 in HD. MVC2 has all of the characters from the previous crossovers and more.

But MVC2 isn't a substitute for owning a Marvel Vs Capcom Fighting Anthology in the least.

That’s very true, as each of the games that you mentioned are completely different & have a lot to offer in which warrants a compilation/collection of them.

Something like a Dynasty Warriors collection, a Madden collection, or even a collection of Smash Bros. doesn't, as they all have the exact same gameplay, characters, stages, etc.
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Blue_Inigo

Blue_Inigo
4 weeks ago#7
Brawl and Melee at least have some fun single player modes to go back to. If you reeaaally like BOARD THE PLATFORMs, 64 has some unique stuff to offer. 4 offers nothing that Ultimate can't provide
"This is your last dance."
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: 90sNinja

90sNinja
4 weeks ago#8
I know nothing about Smash, but aren't CRTs at the very least required for the Melee competitive level, if not the original hardware? Would be funny to see people raging about the port if nothing else.

Also if I'm not mistaken there's not that many mechanical differences between the games short of the glitches and Brawl tripping. Just throw some dipswitches on that baby
If life was meant to be easy, then everyone would be doing it.

User Info: Blessranger

Blessranger
4 weeks ago#9
I think the Super Smash Bros. collection should work better on Xbox One / Scarlett.

Plus the title is going to be called “Super Smash All-Stars”.
Dear Nintendo, please make Super Mario World 3... and a beat 'em up game that can compete with Sega's Streets of Rage 4!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
4 weeks ago#10
Blue_Inigo posted...
Brawl and Melee at least have some fun single player modes to go back to. If you reeaaally like BOARD THE PLATFORMs, 64 has some unique stuff to offer. 4 offers nothing that Ultimate can't provide

World of Light is nice but it also offers nothing like the single player from 4. It lost modes or got them dumbed down.

Of course I'm talking about 4 Wii U. 4 3DS has Smash Run which is godly.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 362~K words/24 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Wish there was a Super Smash Bros Collection