You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Why is Johnny Cage an anime protagonist now?
(message deleted)

User Info: Lord_Shadow_19

Lord_Shadow_19
3 weeks ago#82
90sNinja posted...
How's everyone enjoying the third MK game btw?

Well for some reason they took out Scorpion, and this Kabal guy is crazy OP. Maybe they'll make an Ultimate version that will bring back Scorpion and Jade.

Second MK game was better, I'm not feeling metal arms on Jax.
Yang 2020
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: SSBR10

SSBR10
3 weeks ago#83
Why do you guys always call it MK9? It's just simply called MK, so that must means that it's MK1.
Crossovers I want: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct, and Tekken vs. Dead or Alive/Virtua Fighter
(edited 3 weeks ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: Lord_Shadow_19

Lord_Shadow_19
3 weeks ago#85
SSBR10 posted...
Why do you guys always call it MK9? It's just simply called MK, so that must means that it's MK1.

Because...

Nvm.

Ok
Yang 2020

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
2 weeks ago#86
I don't know why SSBR is playing dumb. He clearly knows that MK9 is not "the first one" and that it's unreasonable to expect people to know that he meant MK9 when he said "the first one."

Or maybe 90sNinja really doesn't know how chronology works. He should just say that or just correct himself and concede that his choice of words was confusing.

User Info: CVGuile

CVGuile
2 weeks ago#87
It's not even a big deal. I'm not going to go off on someone for calling MK9 the "first game," whether it was intentional or not. It's just a point of confusion that can be clarified and we'd move on. What makes it weird is the doubling down that it's not confusing. SSBR10, serious talk right now--just because you're in an argument with someone doesn't mean every random issue that comes up is a point of contention that needs to be "won." If your opponent doesn't understand what you're talking about it doesn't strengthen your position to fight on behalf of that misunderstanding. I'm not trying to trick you or play rhetorical games--I really didn't know what game you were talking about. That's an easy issue to resolve. You don't have to come at me like I'm crazy for reading "first game" as MK1 just because we're having a separate argument. I promise you, I'm not going to bleed unrelated things together. You could still beat my ass on the main topic. There's no reason to maintain this separate line of defense.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

SSBR10
2 weeks ago#88
Dark Symphony posted...
I don't know why SSBR is playing dumb. He clearly knows that MK9 is not "the first one" and that it's unreasonable to expect people to know that he meant MK9 when he said "the first one."

Or maybe 90sNinja really doesn't know how chronology works. He should just say that or just correct himself and concede that his choice of words was confusing.

The only people playing dumb are the ones acting like I was talking about MK1 when I clearly said MK9.

CVGuile posted...
SSBR10, serious talk right now--just because you're in an argument with someone doesn't mean every random issue that comes up is a point of contention that needs to be "won." If your opponent doesn't understand what you're talking about it doesn't strengthen your position to fight on behalf of that misunderstanding. I'm not trying to trick you or play rhetorical games--I really didn't know what game you were talking about. That's an easy issue to resolve. You don't have to come at me like I'm crazy for reading "first game" as MK1 just because we're having a separate argument. I promise you, I'm not going to bleed unrelated things together. You could still beat my ass on the main topic. There's no reason to maintain this separate line of defense.

Sorry but I don't buy that one bit. You were not confused. You knew what game I was talking about and I know this because after you responded to the "first game" part, you responded to me in a later post(#59) at a part where I said that you missed out that information "pretty early in the storyline", in which you said "MK9 is not pretty early". So how did you know I was talking about MK9 and not MK1? That just proves that you DID know what game I was talking about, because I didn't even say "MK9" in that post. Of course, you just had to follow that up with "you say 'first game' and then when I talk about MK1 you act like you meant something else". That was not a legit show of confusion. That sounded more like a shot at what I said. Since you did know that I was talking about MK9 when I didn't even say that name in my post, then you had no reason still bring up MK1 and make a whole big issue out of that. So this is why I don't believe you. There's no way you're still confused after everything that's been said at that point.
Crossovers I want: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct, and Tekken vs. Dead or Alive/Virtua Fighter
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: CVGuile

CVGuile
2 weeks ago#89
Here's a question--if you don't believe me then what do you think I'd have to gain by lying to you? What is my angle there?

SSBR10
2 weeks ago#90
CVGuile posted...
Here's a question--if you don't believe me then what do you think I'd have to gain by lying to you? What is my angle there?

Why should I have to concern myself about what you'd have to gain?
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Why is Johnny Cage an anime protagonist now?