You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Super Turbo/X and Hyper
I heard the difficulty was correct in the Japanese arcade version of Super Street Fighter II X, but the first revision of the USA arcade version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo had it so the CPU was super cheap even if you set it to the easiest setting. I guess difficulty is ignored, and everything feels like it's set to the hardest. Revision 2 of the USA version fixed this, basically making it an English version of Super X.

Unfortunately, the USA arcade version of Hyper Street Fighter II seems to have the same difficulty problem of the first USA version of Super Turbo, but not the Japanese version.

Did Capcom ever release a second USA revision of Hyper to fix this, like they did with Super Turbo (English version with Japanese version's difficulty)?
Fighting the CPU is important to me in all fighting games, but I want it to be fair. At least, let me adjust the difficulty properly.

Also, what exactly is HSFII++?
Praise Rainbow Mika
NNID: JasonMaivia ; Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii): 0346-6035-0276
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Jason Hart Maivia 3 weeks ago#2
What about the PS2 North Ametican version? Does it fix the difficulty problem?
Praise Rainbow Mika

User Info: Taitao

Taitao
3 weeks ago#3
The AI difficulty is easier in the JP version. There are additional revisions too, however the tournament standard is the earlier revision from 2/23/94.

Did Capcom ever release a second USA revision of Hyper to fix this, like they did with Super Turbo (English version with Japanese version's difficulty)?
Fighting the CPU is important to me in all fighting games, but I want it to be fair. At least, let me adjust the difficulty properly.

There is the capkore version of HSF2 fixed bugs in Claw's command among other stuff.

HSF2++ is the definitive SF2 I own. It contains playable WW boss characters and Shin Gouki.
HSF2:AE++

User Info: ColbatReign

ColbatReign
3 weeks ago#4
the AIs are harder in the American version of ST and Hyper, even on easiest setting???

this explains so much s***
bloorain's alt

User Info: Will Smith

Will Smith
3 weeks ago#5
Taitao posted...
The AI difficulty is easier in the JP version. There are additional revisions too, however the tournament standard is the earlier revision from 2/23/94.

There is the capkore version of HSF2 fixed bugs in Claw's command among other stuff.

HSF2++ is the definitive SF2 I own. It contains playable WW boss characters and Shin Gouki.

Capcom should have ported HSFII++ to the Switch instead of making Ultra Street Fighter II.

USFII doesn't even feel like a legit SFII game since it never had an arcade release.
Jason Hart Maivia 3 weeks ago#6
Is Hyper Street Fighter II++ in English?

ColbatReign posted...
the AIs are harder in the American version of ST and Hyper, even on easiest setting???

this explains so much s***

Yeah, it's like no matter what you set the difficulty to, it'll always be the highest (hardest). It seems like your opponent can read.your moves and counters them almost every time to the point where the game becomes no longer fun, unless you exclusively play multi-player matches.
Praise Rainbow Mika

Taitao
3 weeks ago#7
Both JP and english.
Jason Hart Maivia 3 weeks ago#8
Thank you very much. Now, I need to find it and figure out how to play it with Final Burn Alpha.
Praise Rainbow Mika

Taitao
2 weeks ago#9
Follow this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4usT6emv6c
Jason Hart Maivia 2 weeks ago#10
Taitao posted...
Follow this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4usT6emv6c