You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Top 30 Fighting Games of All Time from Game Informer

User Info: Camc10

Camc10
4 weeks ago#41
HopesPeak posted...
Camc10 posted...
str8Knowledge posted...
Where are the UFC games? They belong more than smash does.

I think they disallowed Sports games like UFC/WWE and others

I disagree that UFC & WWE belong more than Smash does and I'm a fan of WWE games. They go way more for realism even though 2k19 has teleports & powered up Dragon Ball Z style super punches & s***. It's still far more realistic than Smash. Smash's over the top nature blends in more with fighters.

UFC & WWE could only realistically blend in with 3d fighters, and that's only if you got rid of that juggle combo lameness from Tekken, Virtua Fighter & Dead or Alive.

Actually, WWE All Stars would fit right in with those games if we are talking about juggles.
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/Cam10_84
https://psnprofiles.com/Cam10__84

User Info: Will Smith

Will Smith
4 weeks ago#42
As much I love 3rd Strike, im skeptical about it being ranked first.

EVO Miment #37 was both the best and worst thing to happen to SFIII.

The moment was great for displaying the depth of the game and waking the NA audience out of their fascination with MvsC and trying a game that is a lot more strategic.

EVO Moment #37 is also the worst thing because we all know if that moment didn't take place, NA would continue to be ignorant to the SFIII series and would never give the game a chance.

I agree with other posters that it's too easy to name drop 3S to show that you're an "insider" within the FGC.

User Info: jky7702

jky7702
4 weeks ago#43
Garbage, vanilla SF2 is the GOAT, nothing was that influential. I don't like when they just put SSF2 instead, that came out later idiots. I don't care about best version BS, SF2 shook the world, not SSF2.

When SF2 when it came out was a cultural phenomenon, theres never been anything like that since.

Lol at Injustass 2 being anywhere on the list, wheres Last Blade 2, Real Bout 2, SS4, KoF 98, XvSF?
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: 90sNinja

90sNinja
4 weeks ago#44
Will Smith posted...
I agree with other posters that it's too easy to name drop 3S to show that you're an "insider" within the FGC.

With all the Internet hoaxes going on, I feel like it would be way too easy to convince people that Clay Fighter is a tournament classic.
If life was meant to be easy, then everyone would be doing it.

User Info: Fazeo13

Fazeo13
3 weeks ago#45
Yeah, typical game journo trash list. They can't even beat the tutorial in cuphead or play Doom properly. This is what happens when you give jobs to friends because they share your ideology and not a proper appreciation of the medium.
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P
I can see the case for 3rd Strike, but I can also see one for ST.

f*** Melee though.
Without their dreams men would have fallen upon and devoured one another long ago, and yet every dream is an illusion, and every illusion is a lie.

User Info: Lost7th

Lost7th
3 weeks ago#47
Smash just makes lists because nobody wants to deal with smash fans throwing another tantrum if anyone dare snub Nintendo's s***.

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
3 weeks ago#48
Where's KOF '98? That should be in the top 10, & KOF XIII shouldn't even be in there.

And Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition? LOL. Rather have Alpha 2/Zero 2 or SF II: Champion Edition on there instead.

SF x Tekken, Tekken 7 & DOA 4? Also LOL.
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Will Smith

Will Smith
3 weeks ago#49
Shinobi120 posted...
Where's KOF '98? That should be in the top 10, & KOF XIII shouldn't even be in there.

And Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition? LOL. Rather have Alpha 2/Zero 2 or SF II: Champion Edition on there instead.

SF x Tekken, Tekken 7 & DOA 4? Also LOL.

Very political... the pandering to audiences of old school and recent releases is a joke. "Let's be inclusive and not leave anyone out!"

These type of lists will always piss off a certain fanbase. Compiling a list of "Best fighting game" is completely subjective. The only metric they are using to gauge "the best" is nostalgia and the noisiest FGC tourney fanbase.

User Info: Gernia

Gernia
3 weeks ago#50
I've seen much worse lists from Game Informer in the past. I think it's okay at best. Some choices I'd expect, others were a pleasant surprise. There are a few I would swap out with others. But, there are many where I would not put them that high or even on such a list at all. Then again, if I were doing such a list, I would not rank 30.
"If yoga was started in Tennessee, it'd be called stretching."
Final Fantasy VIII > Final Fantasy IIV
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Top 30 Fighting Games of All Time from Game Informer