You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Top 30 Fighting Games of All Time from Game Informer

User Info: BabaBzaa

BabaBzaa
4 weeks ago#21
Landonio posted...
BabaBzaa posted...
Great, more fuel for Melee elitists to piss on all the other Smashes and not sit their collective asses down.

Game's objectively better, more skillful, and more competitive than any Smash ever made excluding PM. This is factual information.

Deal with it.

Game is less balanced, more overrated, and is dominated by 5 elitists who piss on any other Smash game because they can't adapt.

Also, most people who are great at Melee suck in other fighters for some odd reason.
Currently playing:. FPWW

User Info: indie_animator

indie_animator
4 weeks ago#22
Thanks for the info! Interesting list, including some games from this decade in the top 10.

GG Rev2 is one, so that's cool. Still need to get Tekken 7 though.
Also like that BlazBlue & Persona 4AU are there. Really like the art, music, gameplay, characters, writing, etc.

Some games, like Smash I've never played, but most I have.
Game art: tangerinepop.com (Art & writing: wattpad.com/user/jettmanas) (CFN: indie_animator) jettmanas on YouTube (PSN: cpnsleepy)

User Info: Lost7th

Lost7th
4 weeks ago#23
green dragon posted...
super surprised to see bushido blade up there (I love that game and its sequel).

glad to see dark stalkers up there

I suspect it was picked out at random so they can pretend they're not super casual and know what they're talking about. It was probably in a hat with Buriki One, Tobal, Groove on Fight, and I dunno..Matrimellee?

Very strange list indeed. Of All the DOAs I really would have picked 2. And no way in hell is an MK made after 1998 top anything. And Persona just flat out sucked.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
4 weeks ago#24
Hmm, four SF games on the list.

I definitely don't agree with 3S being top. Sounds like the list is just made by bandwagon-jumping hipsters who want to say 3S just because that's apparently now what people want them to say.

User Info: DreamwingNero

DreamwingNero
4 weeks ago#25
DarkDoc posted...

I definitely don't agree with 3S being top. Sounds like the list is just made by bandwagon-jumping hipsters who want to say 3S just because that's apparently now what people want them to say.

pretty much.

User Info: KingzJuster

KingzJuster
4 weeks ago#26
DarkDoc posted...

Not too surprising considering SF pioneered fighting games as we know them and as a rule the gameplay of SF games is well-polished as a rule.
Always bet on me.
PSN: KingzJuster

User Info: Fazeo13

Fazeo13
4 weeks ago#27
No SF V lol.

ugh Smash twice, so filthy, maybe it was the smell factor? I don't know who is smellier? Smush fans or Yugio boys? You've just activated my crap my pants card! Apparently it's part of the meta? Just glad they keep them separated from other real fighting game fans. Smush is trash brah.

UMK3 def drops draws walks and craps all over MK2, gameplay wise. But i'll admit the queues were amazing for MK2 back in the day, it was amazing. It was quite iconic.

Xrd, meh

VF 5 emo bleh

Bushido Blade, was interesting for the time. But so janky and ugly now, looks and plays like total trash. I still like the concepit. It could use an update.

Blazey bloo, pffft

Killer Instinct 94, good for the time but KI 2013 gives it a cleaveland steamer

Nice to see Tekken so high.

KOF 13 artistically it's kinda good, otherwise it's very barebones, still I find it quite fun, just doesn't all the content of UM2k2 and 98, so much style and substance.
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P
KingzJuster posted...
Surprised Tekken 7 is so high up, but then again, it is an awesome game despite lack of customization and too many guests.

DBZ FighterZ is also rather high for it to still be relatively new. Same with Soul Calibur 6.

Also somewhat surprised that SoulCalibur is over MvC2. Both games are popular, but MvC2 is...MvC2.

Glad to see Skullgirls on the list too.

Overall, not a terrible list, though. Just a few questionable choices IMO.

...and is it bad that I own more than half of the list?? >_>

I like Tekken 7. I don't know if it should be the highest rated Tekken game though. I feel like Tekken 3 or the original TTT were better at the time they were released.
Am I the only African American on earth that likes Celtic folk music? Hmmmm

User Info: KingzJuster

KingzJuster
4 weeks ago#29
KoolAssAssassin posted...
KingzJuster posted...
Surprised Tekken 7 is so high up, but then again, it is an awesome game despite lack of customization and too many guests.

DBZ FighterZ is also rather high for it to still be relatively new. Same with Soul Calibur 6.

Also somewhat surprised that SoulCalibur is over MvC2. Both games are popular, but MvC2 is...MvC2.

I like Tekken 7. I don't know if it should be the highest rated Tekken game though. I feel like Tekken 3 or the original TTT were better at the time they were released.

Tekken 3, Tekken Tag Tournament, and Tekken 7 are the best Tekken games IMO as well.

I feel like T3 and TTT are the best based on content, but Tekken 7 is the best based on how polished the actual gameplay is even though customization content is lacking and there are too many guest characters. I think T7 got such a high rating purely for gameplay reasons, which it exceeds in with flying colors.
Always bet on me.
PSN: KingzJuster

User Info: Landonio

Landonio
4 weeks ago#30
KoolAssAssassin posted...
KingzJuster posted...

DR is the best. Followed by 3. Then probably Tag 1. Then 7.
atpRtsd
LOOK HERE, LOOK LISTEN!
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Top 30 Fighting Games of All Time from Game Informer