You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Jax isn't waiting centuries for people to get woke in MK11 *spoilers*

User Info: SSBR10

SSBR10
4 weeks ago#61
I wouldn't say this is out of character for Jax if it doesn't actually konflict with his character. Even though we haven't seen him mentioned anything about preventing slavery, he was also not given the ability to do it up until. And what's to say black slavery hasn't been on his mind or effected him in some way that he only keeps to himself? Now he's given an opportunity to change that. He's already good guy fighting against the forces of evil and now he's trying right another wrong. I don't see any problems with that.
Crossovers I want: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct, and Tekken vs. Dead or Alive/Virtua Fighter
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Lord_Shadow_19

Lord_Shadow_19
4 weeks ago#62
bIuerain posted...
All this explaining... and your "jab" STILL doesn't make any sense lol. How does the Jax ending getting deleted make YouTube "SJW-aligned"? Me demolishing you in paragraphs doesn't make you any less stupid.

You haven't demolished anyone, stop trying to say you did and hope other people just agree because you said so.

You literally came into a topic of people debating the social justice politics NRS is inserting into their games and you're trying to go "oh so now we are arguing about slavery being bad"

And let's not pretend that NRS hasn't been infiltrated by SJWs, 16 bit is clearly sporting some rainbow hair to show everyone how woke he is, and I wouldnt be surprised if others exist higher up in the ranks.
Yang 2020

User Info: DreamwingNero

DreamwingNero
4 weeks ago#63
bIuerain posted...
All this explaining... and your "jab" STILL doesn't make any sense lol. How does the Jax ending getting deleted make YouTube "SJW-aligned"? Me demolishing you in paragraphs doesn't make you any less stupid.
Why would YT's political allegiance rest on some scrubs youtube video?

It's not like there are news articles out there talking about it's bias. Would you be able to debunk them?

User Info: bIuerain

bIuerain
4 weeks ago#64
I know you're on the slow side, so let me spell it out for you two so you can get caught up.

"Jax's ending is pure SJW pandering!"
*video gets deleted*
"Wow, YouTube is pandering to SJWs again!"

That is post #53. If this makes perfect sense to you, you might just be an idiot. If you yourself posted it, OOF, I'm sorry for you bro. Yikes.
go team venture!

DreamwingNero
4 weeks ago#65
bIuerain posted...
I know you're on the slow side, so let me spell it out for you two so you can get caught up.

*video gets deleted*

That is post #53. If this makes perfect sense to you, you might just be an idiot. If you yourself posted it, OOF, I'm sorry for you bro. Yikes.
My original comment was plausible as the video was deleted and it's not like YT isn't in the realm of doing so.

I guess you can't believe such a thing could occur because you don't believe YT would do so a thing. Then again you're the guy that thinks SJW are a fringe that barely exist.

bIuerain
4 weeks ago#66
DreamwingNero posted...
bIuerain posted...

*video gets deleted*

My original comment was plausible as the video was deleted and it's not like YT isn't in the realm of doing so.

I guess you can't believe such a thing could occur because you don't believe YT would do so a thing. Then again you're the guy that thinks SJW are a fringe that barely exist.

Holy crap you are BAD at this. Think, dude, and try to keep up. How would YouTube be deleting Jax's ending, the same one claim is SJW pandering, be SJW pandering? That literally doesn't make sense. C'mon dude, use what little brains you have.
go team venture!

DreamwingNero
4 weeks ago#67
bIuerain posted...
Holy crap you are BAD at this. Think, dude, and try to keep up. How would YouTube be deleting Jax's ending, the same one claim is SJW pandering, be SJW pandering? That literally doesn't make sense. C'mon dude, use what little brains you have.

Haha, yep you're right I see what you mean. I was watching a video talking about it in a unflattering way came back later and this one was deleted. I thought it was the same video in the OP that has disappeared.

you're still a popsicle tho for post #37. :-)

User Info: 90sNinja

90sNinja
4 weeks ago#68
Personally I would have thought Jax would have wished for his arms back, at the very least contrasting a selfish desire with the ability to "fix everything for everyone" would be a more interesting dynamic than "duh I didn't get it right the first few times but now everything looks like Wakanda".

Tbf I've also never gotten the vibe of Jax being patriotic outside of the flag poses (although the only things I remember of him are the Reiko endings from 4 and beating up Johnny Cage every two seconds in 9, so he struck me more as a guy that had no problem solving everything with force and I'm not buying the whole "oh he's a really altruistic Ghandi wannabe"). I would imagine he could save Abraham Lincoln or MLK or something to do with America specifically if that would fit his character more. But I think it's a little ridiculous to put more thought into a noncanon ending than the developers did (everybody gets a time machine? well we all know what the black guy would do don't we hahaha).
If life was meant to be easy, then everyone would be doing it.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

bIuerain
4 weeks ago#69
DreamwingNero posted...
Haha, yep you're right I see what you mean. I was watching a video talking about it in a unflattering way came back later and this one was deleted. I thought it was the same video in the OP that has disappeared.

Wow, you mean you were whining about an imaginary boogeyman? Interesting.
go team venture!

DreamwingNero
4 weeks ago#70
bIuerain posted...
DreamwingNero posted...

Wow, you mean you were whining about an imaginary boogeyman? Interesting.
Of course, SJW's and their political/corp/academic/media/payment processor/bank masters are fringe after all.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Jax isn't waiting centuries for people to get woke in MK11 *spoilers*