You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Jax isn't waiting centuries for people to get woke in MK11 *spoilers*

User Info: bIuerain

bIuerain
3 weeks ago#51
ljobenza posted...
bIuerain posted...
ljobenza posted...
Holy f***ing s***. Not believing that SJWs are real and their influence on the world is beyond Holocaust deniers and flat earthers. Like holy f***ing s***.

L.M.A.O.

Did you actually read what you wrote here before hitting send? Cuz this is hilarious. "It's literally worse than holocaust denial!" Just, ahahaha. Good job man, knocked it out of the park.

Ah yes because there is absolutely nothing crazy about denying the fact that third-wave feminists and extreme liberals are an actual group that exists.

You do know the term SJW refer to those groups right? Or are you genuinely denying their existence?

The fact that I never did this makes your posts even funnier. "This is thing you never said is is worse than holocaust denial!!!" Beautiful. Tone down the hysterics and read what I actually did say.
go team venture!
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Fazeo13

Fazeo13
3 weeks ago#52
ljobenza posted...
bIuerain posted...
ljobenza posted...
Holy f***ing s***. Not believing that SJWs are real and their influence on the world is beyond Holocaust deniers and flat earthers. Like holy f***ing s***.

L.M.A.O.

Did you actually read what you wrote here before hitting send? Cuz this is hilarious. "It's literally worse than holocaust denial!" Just, ahahaha. Good job man, knocked it out of the park.

Ah yes because there is absolutely nothing crazy about denying the fact that third-wave feminists and extreme liberals are an actual group that exists.

You do know the ter
m SJW refer to those groups right? Or are you genuinely denying their existence?

Just go to any College Campus, ever heard of trigglypuff, sensitive starwars man, reeeee-setera, big red, soy boy woman kicker, it's maaaamm gamestop person etc?

Denial is not just a river in Egypt ya know?
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P

User Info: DreamwingNero

DreamwingNero
3 weeks ago#53
Video gets removed from SJW-aligned youtube = SJW's have no power and are fringe!

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 weeks ago#54
bIuerain posted...
Dark Symphony posted...
THIS IS MORTAL KONFLICT. This ending is a HUGE tonal change from what the series is traditionally known for and it makes it feel out of place.

That would be great if that was the argument being made ITT. It's not. Read the thread, you're actually the first person to even bring up if it's in with MK's tone or not or if it's in place with the series. s***, the thread actually starts out with a hysterical post about how SJWs are going to destroy MK.

Peronsally, I don't think the ending is very good (Kano's is WAY cooler), but I think it fits right in with MK's corny pulp-fiction writing and Jax's character as a Professional Good Guy. The only issue is in the execution for me, not whether or not the idea of fitting.

No one articulated it the way I did but I could interpret some of these posts to see the point. I don't think most people here are saying they have a problem with what Jax does in the ending or the idea of keeping slavery from ever happening. The key controlling factor here is that this is happening in Mortal Kombat. Or in a video game.

People have the perception that the ending is politically charged and created for the devs to appear "woke." I haven't seen much that indicates that the idea of preemptively stopping slavery is a bad thing.

These aren't real people and this is entertainment yet we often talk about these things like they're real when we go to town on people who take issue. What if someone just thinks this stuff doesn't fit MK? What if they think it's shallow pandering? It's like that "debate" between Destiny and Jontron where one side was clearly not skilled enough to have that debate.

When I read "oh great... more woke stuff. What's next? Nightwolf (I actually waited for my phone to auto correct his name) reclaims America in his ending?" I see someone who has an issue with things they perceive to be political or social justice mindsets popping up in media they like.

This isn't a pass for the other side either. Once the argument gets going you start seeing the most cynical interpretations from them too (white genocide) which is just them doing the same crap they complain about: exaggerating issues so that they stick more.

This is why I say it's a bunch of people not even wanting to understand each other. The stigmas being cast around here seem premature in most cases. No, the ending isn't about white genocide. Yes, there is a very vocal, very influential contingent of people trying to inject their politics into things ar the expense of the quality of the product.

I miss the days when we all thought the only things we were experts on were video game lore a chomboes. Right, Badmash?

bIuerain
3 weeks ago#55
DreamwingNero posted...
Video gets removed from SJW-aligned youtube = SJW's have no power and are fringe!

???

So wait, is the video offensive or is it SJW pandering? Make up your mind. I thought you guys were mad that the ending is "SJW pandering?" If you think YouTube is "SJW-aligned"... wouldn't they just keep it up by that logic? Wouldn't the removal of the video being argument against YouTube being "SJW-aligned" if anything? Your flaccid attempt at sarcasm doesn't even begin to make sense. It's especially nonsensical because this is the same website that hosts and advertises for PragerU lol. There is absolutely no shortage of right or left wing content on YouTube.

Not that it matters either way, the only reason the video got removed is because the uploader deleted their own account. If you try to play the video, it straight up tells you that. You trying to extrapolate anything from this is just you being hysterical.

You can't even make up your mind what is or isn't "SJW." Ya'll get so worked up over a literal boogeyman that you stop making sense.
go team venture!

User Info: SuspectWords

SuspectWords
3 weeks ago#56
Pain runs in blood lines. Just like racism runs in the collective human consciousness. I know where bluerain is coming from.

Loudmouth racist oppressing because that's the behavior "his" society promotes. When you're on the other end of it...one just feels pain and the pain has to be directed. Its been happening for years. I know it because I grew up feeling the effects of colonial violence. There is a solution. Love.

Nin Anishinabe. I am First Nations.

You ever see the medicine wheel? There are 4 major colors on it. Red, White, Black, and Yellow. Each race has their gifts. Red has the natural affinity for spirit. White, intelligence. Black, physicality. Yellow, emotions. Yet, the White seems to behave like it rules the others because of the gift of intelligence.

You white brothers have to start helping your fellow man. Instead of killing and oppressing them. Why would I say that?

Let me tell you something else...
Reality isn't what your human eyes can see. Reality is vibration, energy, and sound. Think of how Neo seen the matrix for the first time. Reality looks similar to that. When you can see it, you can say you've woken up.

The Holographic Universe. Extra terrestrials are real as well. Most of them are telepathic.

At any rate...This is off topic. So get back to your argument if it truly matters.
You did quite well...but you need more training to defeat me.

User Info: DreamwingNero

DreamwingNero
3 weeks ago#57
bIuerain posted...
So wait, is the video offensive or is it SJW pandering? Make up your mind.

It's a jab at your post #37 where you said SJWs are hardly even a real thing that actually exist. What sort of universe do you live in.

bIuerain posted...
If you think YouTube is "SJW-aligned"... wouldn't they just keep it up by that logic?

YT are ban happy, you must be talking about another universe.

bIuerain posted...
Wouldn't the removal of the video being argument against YouTube being "SJW-aligned" if anything? Your flaccid attempt at sarcasm doesn't even begin to make sense. It's especially nonsensical because this is the same website that hosts and advertises for PragerU lol. There is absolutely no shortage of right or left wing content on YouTube.

Look at you working yourself into a pretzel. reeeeee.

Not all right wing content passes the ban threshold. Lots of tip-toeing and even the mild stuff, enough people have to complain to get a reaction from YT.

bIuerain posted...
Not that it matters either way, the only reason the video got removed is because the uploader deleted their own account. If you try to play the video, it straight up tells you that. You trying to extrapolate anything from this is just you being hysterical.

my 1 liner is being hysterical? But you reply to it with paragraphs. Classic projection.

bIuerain posted...
You can't even make up your mind what is or isn't "SJW." Ya'll get so worked up over a literal boogeyman that you stop making sense.
Look at me I'm so worked up over some Boogeyman! You sound like some soy-beta, take your meds and get some rest.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 weeks ago#58
SuspectWords posted...
You white brothers have to start helping your fellow man. Instead of killing and oppressing them.

That's probably the dumbest line of thinking that blacks and other minorities take on. It's a stupid ruse that you have fallen for and internalized.

User Info: SuspectWords

SuspectWords
3 weeks ago#59
Why would I say that?
You did quite well...but you need more training to defeat me.

bIuerain
3 weeks ago#60
DreamwingNero posted...
bIuerain posted...
So wait, is the video offensive or is it SJW pandering? Make up your mind.

It's a jab at your post #37 where you said SJWs are hardly even a real thing that actually exist. What sort of universe do you live in.

bIuerain posted...
If you think YouTube is "SJW-aligned"... wouldn't they just keep it up by that logic?

YT are ban happy, you must be talking about another universe.

bIuerain posted...
Wouldn't the removal of the video being argument against YouTube being "SJW-aligned" if anything? Your flaccid attempt at sarcasm doesn't even begin to make sense. It's especially nonsensical because this is the same website that hosts and advertises for PragerU lol. There is absolutely no shortage of right or left wing content on YouTube.

Look at you working yourself into a pretzel. reeeeee.

Not all right wing content passes the ban threshold. Lots of tip-toeing and even the mild stuff, enough people have to complain to get a reaction from YT.

bIuerain posted...

my 1 liner is being hysterical? But you reply to it with paragraphs. Classic projection.

bIuerain posted...
Look at me I'm so worked up over some Boogeyman! You sound like some soy-beta, take your meds and get some rest.

All this explaining... and your "jab" STILL doesn't make any sense lol. How does the Jax ending getting deleted make YouTube "SJW-aligned"? Me demolishing you in paragraphs doesn't make you any less stupid.
go team venture!
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Jax isn't waiting centuries for people to get woke in MK11 *spoilers*