You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Jax isn't waiting centuries for people to get woke in MK11 *spoilers*

User Info: bIuerain

bIuerain
1 month ago#31
90sNinja posted...
It's a little ridiculous to conflate "out of character" with "slavery was good". That being said, I know little about Jax's character, but I will say using the term woke definitely seems weird, that's like Twitter kid slang and I've never heard an older person use it without sounding too much like they're trying to fit in. Hell this would make more sense for Jacqui since she barely has a character.

But tbf I've never heard of anyone overanalyzing an MK character ending before, positively or negatively. It's a bit weird that the only thing everyone wants to talk about in the new MK is its politics, I guess that'll be their new gimmick after the reboot and newcomers games were already done with 9 and X.

I agree that it's not good character writing (Jax unsarcastically talking about wokeness is silly, it comes off as "greetings fellow kids"-ish), but that's not the argument being made. People ITT are literally whining that NRS is apparently pushing their politics on them and it's like... the ending is about a black guy using a time machine to end slavery. How is that even political? What element of that is controversial?
go team venture!

User Info: GanglyKhan

GanglyKhan
1 month ago#32
Bass_X0 posted...
Pitaya posted...
Not clicking because I just don't want anything spoiled, even non-canon arcade endings. That said, are all arcade endings just "what if this guy got a time machine?" Some of these could be fun to watch.

A machine grants their wishes.

So it's just Twisted Metal, got it.
Now Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Borderlands (PS3), Crash Bandicoot 2 100% (PS4)

User Info: 90sNinja

90sNinja
1 month ago#33
bIuerain posted...
People ITT are literally whining that NRS is apparently pushing their politics on them and it's like... the ending is about a black guy using a time machine to end slavery. How is that even political? What element of that is controversial?

It's a bullet point on the "NRS is SJW" list, makes for good Youtube clickbait fodder after the "sexy is bad" noise died down. Funny because a lot of the anti SJW crowd love Dave Chappelle and he has a whole skit about time traveling to free slaves.
If life was meant to be easy, then everyone would be doing it.
Why do i see constant complaining on this site about sjws but i dont ever see anywhere close to as many sjws anywhere complaing about stuff they want changed. Its like 100 to 1 people mad about sjws than sjws being mad about anything.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Depoinvil

Depoinvil
4 weeks ago#35
DeathVelvien posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
DeathVelvien posted...
I seriously have no idea how the living f*** people are interpreting this as Jax having changed history so that whites were enslaved/possibly genocided off the planet entirely, or how this makes him "racist."

The last panel shows a picture of a scene in America with only blacks.

The last panel shows a whole seven people, three of whom are Jax and his immediate family, with the rest quite possibly being his extended family, in a single street in America. Extrapolating that to "whites are slaves/dead" makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Not only that but those kinds of stretches of the imagination sound dangerous to me. The people who see a panel of seven black people and jump to a ''HE MUST HAVE KILLED ALL THE WHITES'' conclusion sound like the same types that spend all day ''training'' in their basement filled with guns, waiting for that ''inevitable race war'' and can be prompted to action by something as innocuous as a march (''the blacks are marching! THIS IS IT! *loads AR-15* It has begun.''). No, they're not necessarily the same people but they jump to conclusions just as far-fectched and just as eagerly.

Jax prevented slavery. Calm the **** down with that ''WHITE GENOCIDE!!'' talk...
''The gaming industry is the only industry where it's not the norm to expect the product that you purchased to be working out of the gate ." -- RTUSA
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
4 weeks ago#36
The video has now been taken down. It proved too much for some people to take.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: bIuerain

bIuerain
4 weeks ago#37
guerrillakidney posted...
Why do i see constant complaining on this site about sjws but i dont ever see anywhere close to as many sjws anywhere complaing about stuff they want changed. Its like 100 to 1 people mad about sjws than sjws being mad about anything.

It's because SJWs are artificially propped up by the right wing. "SJWs" are hardly even a real thing that actually exist, but that doesn't matter: the whole point to take a fringe group, and then try to pretend it represents the whole. That's why there are several hundred outrage YouTube videos made whining about how SJWs are destroying our country, for every one actual "SJW."

It's extremely effective propaganda, and as you can see ITT, it works: it has successfully brainwashed an entire generation of millennials into thinking that a practically non-existent online fringe group are the biggest threat facing our culture. It makes these rubes easier to sucker, think LBJ's "he won't notice you picking his pocket" line.
go team venture!

User Info: DreamwingNero

DreamwingNero
4 weeks ago#38
bIuerain posted...
guerrillakidney posted...

It's because SJWs are artificially propped up by the right wing. "SJWs" are hardly even a real thing that actually exist, but that doesn't matter: the whole point to take a fringe group, and then try to pretend it represents the whole. That's why there are several hundred outrage YouTube videos made whining about how SJWs are destroying our country, for every one actual "SJW."

It's extremely effective propaganda, and as you can see ITT, it works: it has successfully brainwashed an entire generation of millennials into thinking that a practically non-existent online fringe group are the biggest threat facing our culture. It makes these rubes easier to sucker, think LBJ's "he won't notice you picking his pocket" line.

All the tech giants, movies, TV and Hollywood programming, payment processors banks and academia are actually right wing too. Hard to believe people make up stories about them and all the news reports talking about their bias.

User Info: Fazeo13

Fazeo13
4 weeks ago#39
Shouldn't he have have gone and stopped the Zulu type tribes instead from raiding the more peaceful tribes and selling them to the Middle Eastern, Jewish and European slavers?

I mean I don't see these groups going inland to grab a few tribes to sell? They get *$&%£$ up like the British did by the Zulus. That's why I'm calling woke white soyboy cuck liberal writing on this.
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P

User Info: DrRidleyKins

DrRidleyKins
4 weeks ago#40
This totally sounds like something Jax would do. He isn't flipping the world around he's just balancing it out.
Check out Quinforce Gaming:
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCLaV7Aczqu_MUoKyLeDNhJw
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Jax isn't waiting centuries for people to get woke in MK11 *spoilers*