You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Difficult cpu opponents that are not the end boss / secret boss?

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
4 weeks ago#1
Vega from World Warriors. Forget his claw, his jumping kick is very damaging and he throws you almost every time you leave yourself open.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: bigtiggie23

bigtiggie23
4 weeks ago#2
Any of the VF characters in DOA5, especially Pai and Jacky.
"And your T-shirts are too tight too Billy!"

User Info: Neo-Violen

Neo-Violen
4 weeks ago#3
Challenger Captain Falcon
"Amateur hour."
https://i.imgur.com/H7RGDQy.png

User Info: Splatterhouse5

Splatterhouse5
4 weeks ago#4
Grant in Garou
Zero in KOF 2001
Kintaro in Mortal Kombat 2 (though everyone in the arcade version was ridiculous)
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
4 weeks ago#5
I was sure scary@$$ Vega from WW was the end boss. He had to be.

User Info: BabaBzaa

BabaBzaa
4 weeks ago#6
Luise Meyrink in KoF 2006. Especially on harder difficulties she could come up with some hax BS. Also certain 4-star spirit battles if Smash Ultimate counts.
Currently playing:. FPWW

User Info: BombermanGold

BombermanGold
4 weeks ago#7
s***ty artificial difficulty in Super Turbo SF2, Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 (especially 2 due to making CPU immune to certain basic things, like THROWS).

Akira in damn near any version of Virtua Fighter/last half of CPU roster to beat before getting to him!.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 Rogue when her AI decides to randomly go berserk.
"I will be your superhero!!!"
STEAM ID: BombermanGOLDEN

Bass_X0
4 weeks ago#8
Dark Symphony posted...
I was sure scary@$$ Vega from WW was the end boss. He had to be.

I play on medium difficulty, I don’t have a problem with anyone else, even Bison still feels fair. But Vega, he’s not just difficult, he’s seriously over-powered and broken as a cpu opponent.

Bass_X0
4 weeks ago#9
And yes, I hate the difficulty in arcade SSFIIT. I’d enjoy playing it on the collection but the difficulty makes me play other games instead.

User Info: tiomasta

tiomasta
4 weeks ago#10
MK3 Motaro is supposed to be there before Shao Kunt but Motaro is actually a bigger deal
Motaro is essentially a giant character. Motaro passively reflects all projectiles and is immune to throws, has beefy single-hit normals that wouldn't be balanced on any intended-playable character, has an AI that pretty much automatically uses his no-miss-animation command grab whenever it would work and this alone changes how you fight him because if it's POSSIBLE for him to grab you at some point he will, and he has a teleport with like 15 frames of animation total
I breathe in ketchup and I breathe out anxiety
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Difficult cpu opponents that are not the end boss / secret boss?