You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Capcom Home Arcade announced....arcade stick that connects to TV. 16 games.
(message deleted)

User Info: DreamwingNero

DreamwingNero
4 weeks ago#42
GuiltiestGearXX posted...
I just read something to the effect that the device is using a non-commercial emulator illegally?
Depends if someone "owns" the non-commercial emulator and only if they put up a fight over it's use in a for-profit activity. Maybe they already got bought out by Capcom.

User Info: Strider Hien

Strider Hien
4 weeks ago#43
I also read that it features octagonal gates.

That’s a plus for me,but many hate those.☹
"My friends call me Hien.....You call me STRIDER!" PSN:DJSTRIDER

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
4 weeks ago#44
People finally get a home port of AvP and it's locked behind a 260 dollar plug and play console, lmao.

It's also the only game I want that's included in that collection.

As for "redemption arc" nonsense whatever....one sequel and one remake (neither being AAA quality) doesn't mean Capcom is "back to form". Standards are set so low. Nothing wrong if you love DMC5 or RE2 remake, but let's not joke around like current Capcom is one game away from being the hitmakers they were during the late eighties to mid 2000.

You forgot Monster Hunter World. Crapcom was going bankrupt until that game sold like what? 10 million - 12 million copies. It's crazy coz that game sucks. Re 2 remake is actually good. DMC5 is garbage though. It plays slower than previous DMC games and it has an auto combo button for your robot arm. I was hype for DMC5 until I played the first 2 levels. DMC5 is basically DMC for babies.

I do think that Crapcom is back, but not for us oldscrubs who loved them during the 80s & 90s. The new Capcom, is a modernized Capcom who are dedicated to making hits for the current audience. So the end result is that we get watered down crap such as DMC 5 which is passed off as good.
I'm sure as hell not expecting a good fighting game from Cap ever again. I think they just do not know how to make one anymore. I see Cap being more like Sony gaming 2.0, cinematic gaming experiences that are slightly more hardcore so it appeals to those peeps who play movie games, but get to call themselves hardcore coz they play stuff like RE2 & DMC5 and whatever else Cap has in store.

Most Capcom games from here on out are going to be using the same exact gfx engine from RE7 since that ugly f***ing trailer trash aesthetic (LOL! Even Devil May Crap 5 looks trailer trash now.) is extremely popular with the West.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
4 weeks ago#45
Kakashi_Lawyer posted...
Lost7th posted...
Vulcan422 posted...
RE2make and DMC5 say differently.

Two good games do not undo nearly a decade of garbage. I don't know why people are so quick to shout REDEMPTION over a company doing the basic minimum of what counts as their jobs. This s*** is why they keep relapsing.

MHW, MM11 and REVII too.

Rev 2 is horrible. I waited to get RE2 on sale coz Rev 2 was such trash. Rev 2 is in this weird area where it half-heartedly tries to be an action game and a survival game at the same time. The end result is that the action sucks and the horror is forced (you sometimes play as a little girl who can't defend herself at all.)

RE2 was great coz they changed up the ruleset. You're forced to waste ammo on zombies otherwise they get a free bite on you so it actually forces you to think for once. I actually like RE5 & RE6. They were great action games. RE 2 is a great survival game. Rev 2 is just Crapcom trying to copy Last of Us, a game that sucks ass but Capcom somehow made the LoU formula even worse, lol.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com
Blessranger posted...
GuiltiestGearXX posted...
Also, no CPS3 or Atomiswave titles, haha.

Actually, Capcom never released any games on Atomiswave, but SNK did some. (as a way of ending the outdated Neo Geo era for good)

Misspoke, should have said Naomi.
Tom Cruise on SFxT: http://i.imgur.com/Exs6R.gif
HopesPeak posted...
Kakashi_Lawyer posted...
Lost7th posted...
Vulcan422 posted...
RE2make and DMC5 say differently.

Two good games do not undo nearly a decade of garbage. I don't know why people are so quick to shout REDEMPTION over a company doing the basic minimum of what counts as their jobs. This s*** is why they keep relapsing.

MHW, MM11 and REVII too.

Rev 2 is horrible. I waited to get RE2 on sale coz Rev 2 was such trash. Rev 2 is in this weird area where it half-heartedly tries to be an action game and a survival game at the same time. The end result is that the action sucks and the horror is forced (you sometimes play as a little girl who can't defend herself at all.)

RE2 was great coz they changed up the ruleset. You're forced to waste ammo on zombies otherwise they get a free bite on you so it actually forces you to think for once. I actually like RE5 & RE6. They were great action games. RE 2 is a great survival game. Rev 2 is just Crapcom trying to copy Last of Us, a game that sucks ass but Capcom somehow made the LoU formula even worse, lol.

REVII =/= Revelations 2

VII = Roman numerals for "7."

REVII = Resident Evil 7.
Tom Cruise on SFxT: http://i.imgur.com/Exs6R.gif

User Info: DreamwingNero

DreamwingNero
4 weeks ago#48
HopesPeak posted...
Rev 2 is horrible. I waited to get RE2 on sale coz Rev 2 was such trash.

I don't think it's trash but certainly not worth the praise put upon it. I don't think it's worth full price, even if it is a big budget game. It's very boring after all is said and done. It's got no action or gameplay to really master, I guess the DLC stages might count, but even then - meh. All it has is speedrunning and that's not really that fun tbh for this type of game.

On mainstream forums with heavy moderation (resetera) any mild criticism, like anything that's not praise, was dogpiled on which is not really surprising.

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
4 weeks ago#49
Capcom's doing great outside of their fighting game division. Megaman and Devil May Cry are back after nearly a decade, Resident Evil's doing great, Monster Hunter never really died but World's definitely raised the bar. Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom, on the other hand, have definitely hit some low points in their lifetimes lately...and this stick is definitely more their fighting game side than anything, I think.

Might as well just partner up with Arcade1up and get more 3/4-scale cabinets out with their games.
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.
Eh i already have one of those with like 900 games on it that cost waaaaayyyy less
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Capcom Home Arcade announced....arcade stick that connects to TV. 16 games.