You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. About stereotypical fighting styles...

User Info: BombermanGold

BombermanGold
4 weeks ago#11
HopesPeak posted...
Bayman from DOA. Tekken's Russian guy also uses Sambo but I always forget he's Russian coz he looks so fruity. I see way more Russian characters using Sambo, but Wrestling is a close-second. Zarya from Overwatch is supposed to be a wrestler.

I wouldn't call Dragunov "fruity" by any stretch. And he's Russian.

DK9292 posted...
What's Germany's style? It just occurred to me, I don't think they have one. Unless I'm mistaken they're the one nationality in fighting games that always has a different style.

It's a stereotype thing borrowed from a lot of old fighting anime. Hell, Street Fighter 2 borrowed stuff from the Kinnikuman series, with pairing nationality with how someone fights.

I think the only MAJOR subversion that I saw in an old interview was the creators trying to find what to fit with a Spanish fighter, and they still had "Ninja" written on a list...

As for German characters in fighting games of old (and maybe even recent), they tend to be military based along with clothing.
"I will be your superhero!!!"
STEAM ID: BombermanGOLDEN

User Info: KingzJuster

KingzJuster
4 weeks ago#12
Dragonuv? "Fruity"? Naahhhhh. He's not the typical "husky Ruskie" with his body frame being so lean (yet still muscular), but he's very much a manly character. Which is saying something since Tekken is jam-packed with manly men.

Quite a few people say that he's one of the last truly good newer Tekken character designs.
Always bet on me.
PSN: KingzJuster
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. About stereotypical fighting styles...