You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. What's this board's favorite SF game?

User Info: Neo-Violen

Neo-Violen
1 month ago#11
LordRattergun posted...
The Movie.

The superior arcade version obv.
"Amateur hour."
https://i.imgur.com/H7RGDQy.png

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
1 month ago#12
"I know it's cool to hate on sf5 now"

Where the hell have you been. People hated sf5 since February 2016 when it released. I guess you're one of the few that actually enjoys that dumpster fire to say something like that.

As for the best, world warrior holds a special place to me. But as far as gameplay goes, yeah super turbo, alpha 2 and third strike are the best.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1

User Info: EuroE

EuroE
1 month ago#13
Third strike
Ae2012

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#14
For me, its SF2 > SFA > SF4 > SFEX > SF3 > SF5 > SF1

At the time I preferred SFA3, but these days I find it overdeveloped, so it's SFA2. Also, SSF2NC is better than Super Turbo.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Muscle Buster

Muscle Buster
1 month ago#15
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, followed by Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Street Fighter V.
Don't look at me like that, you cretin.
Dark, Ambient, Awesome. https://cryochamber.bandcamp.com/

User Info: Rypt

Rypt
1 month ago#16
Check it out now

Check it out yo

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#17
Street Fighter II *insert name here*
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
NS FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563
3rd Strike.
Without their dreams men would have fallen upon and devoured one another long ago, and yet every dream is an illusion, and every illusion is a lie.

User Info: SONIC_305

SONIC_305
1 month ago#19
Street fighter iv.
Reallly loved its gameplay and made a bunch of friends that I still hang out with for years.

I enjoyed all of em even part 5.
PSN: KlonoaxGuntz BBCF Mains: Ragna, Makoto, Izayoi and Es
Games Playing: DBFZ, BBCF, & Monster Hunter World

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
1 month ago#20
DarkDoc posted...
For me, its SF2 > SFA > SF4 > SFEX > SF3 > SF5 > SF1

At the time I preferred SFA3, but these days I find it overdeveloped, so it's SFA2. Also, SSF2NC is better than Super Turbo.

That's about the same order for me, but I'd might switch SF4 around with SFA. I don't even like SF4. It's just that I really don't like any of the SF games beyond the SF2 era with Super Turbo being the last one that I hardcore got into.

I also find the series to be way too overdeveloped these days, but the same can be said for nearly the entire genre since every 3d fighter has 2d meters now.

When peeps claim that SF is like a Chess game, that crap makes me laugh coz it was the SF2 era which were the only games where that chess comparison held true. You really had to think before you made a move in SF2 coz you die in 3 direct hits. Samurai Shodown 1, 2, & 5 were the series that felt the most like OG SF2 to me.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. What's this board's favorite SF game?