You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. What's this board's favorite SF game?

User Info: Von23

Von23
1 month ago#1
I know it's cool to hate SF5 now, even SF4 back some years ago, but is there a SF game that the board actually likes?

For instance, I consider Alpha 2(the original) a top 5 game, not just in the genre, but a top 5 game period, therefore, SFA2 is my favorite SF game.

What do you consider your favorite SF game?
"Decorating your own meltdowns is all well and good,but a trainwreck is a trainwreck and it might be time to get a paramedic."

User Info: Will Smith

Will Smith
1 month ago#2
SFIII - 3rd Strike

(Honorable mention to SFII:WW and SFA2G)

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
1 month ago#3
The Movie.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: Von23

Von23
1 month ago#4
LordRattergun posted...
The Movie.

My man!!!
"Decorating your own meltdowns is all well and good,but a trainwreck is a trainwreck and it might be time to get a paramedic."

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#5
Alpha 2, followed by Super Turbo & 3rd Strike.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | MK11: Noob Saibot | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi | SC6: Mitsurugi, Groh
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: indie_animator

indie_animator
1 month ago#6
This is tough, since I played every SF game.
Except SF4, oddly enough- though I watched story playthroughs & got a few tracks off iTunes.

I've enjoyed every game, even SFV, so it's tough.
SF3:TS was huge for for me at the arcade. I played it in local tourneys.
Got the 3rd Strike CD & lent it to friends at work in the animation studio. And shared the SF3:NG artbook.
I'll go w/3rd Strike.
Game art: tangerinepop.com (Art & writing: wattpad.com/user/jettmanas) (CFN: indie_animator) jettmanas on YouTube (PSN: cpnsleepy)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Lost7th

Lost7th
1 month ago#7
Alpha 3 or Third Strike.

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
1 month ago#8
Third Strike.
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.

User Info: Fazeo13

Fazeo13
1 month ago#9
I think it was SFA 3 for a long time. Esp when Badmash was around. Does CVS 2 count cause that was super popular at one stage.

For me it's either Turd Strike or SFV. I thought SSF4U was aight.
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
1 month ago#10
Third Strike. I played it the most so I gave it the nod over another title that came very close.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. What's this board's favorite SF game?