• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. In your opinion, a fighting game franchise with a great cast of characters

User Info: GearStarGaming

GearStarGaming
2 months ago#11
xxnike0629xx posted...
SVC Chaos

No crossovers

User Info: keybladesrus

keybladesrus
2 months ago#12
Guilty Gear.
The Most Astounding Fact - Neil deGrasse Tyson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D05ej8u-gU

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
2 months ago#13
Samurai Shodown
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: DeathVelvien

DeathVelvien
2 months ago#14
Classic Guilty Gear has always been my favorite cast from a design standpoint, although Xrd era characters have been very hit or miss.
Under Night: Phonon | BBCTB: Orie/Izayoi | Smash Ultimate: Ridley | P4AU: Yukari | GGXrd: Venom | Arizona Cardinals: 3-13
https://imgtc.com/i/7OdpfSogwx.gif

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
2 months ago#15
DeathVelvien posted...
Classic Guilty Gear has always been my favorite cast from a design standpoint, although Xrd era characters have been very hit or miss.

Can't argue with that. A lot of the Xrd newcomers feel more catered towards bringing in modern anime fans. The story has also noticeably changed. Character quirks feel more exaggerated and it feels more like a modern shonen writing style with an 80s-90s era aesthetic skin on top of it.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | MK11: Noob Saibot | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi | SC6: Mitsurugi, Groh

User Info: KingzJuster

KingzJuster
2 months ago#16
Vulcan422 posted...
DeathVelvien posted...

Can't argue with that. A lot of the Xrd newcomers feel more catered towards bringing in modern anime fans. The story has also noticeably changed. Character quirks feel more exaggerated and it feels more like a modern shonen writing style with an 80s-90s era aesthetic skin on top of it.

Basically this. I like some of the newer Guilty Gear characters like Elphelt, Bedman, and Leo, but some like Ram and Jack-O aren't really my cup of tea.

But that being said, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Tekken, Samurai Shodown, Darkstalkers, and King of Fighters are the main franchises that come to mind when thinking of having mostly good characters. At least in ratio comparison to the bad characters.
Always bet on me.
PSN: KingzJuster

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
2 months ago#17
GearStarGaming posted...
No crossovers

What do you think KOF is silly

Blazblue's got my vote, but hell if MK ain't close behind
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.

User Info: GearStarGaming

GearStarGaming
2 months ago#18
Pitaya posted...
GearStarGaming posted...
No crossovers

What do you think KOF is silly

Blazblue's got my vote, but hell if MK ain't close behind

I never say KoF is silly.

SvC Chaos is a crossover of two different company. KoF has more original characters than those appear from a different series so I won't count it as a crossover

User Info: Blessranger

Blessranger
2 months ago#19
Killer Instinct = Instant Awesome
Dear Nintendo, please make Super Mario World 3... and a beat 'em up game that can compete with Sega's Streets of Rage 4!

User Info: HaohmaruOfFire

HaohmaruOfFire
2 months ago#20
Eh, I'll take Guilty Gear over sf and mk.
Johnny FountainS on youtube
My job is grading first grade papers, not eating donuts
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. In your opinion, a fighting game franchise with a great cast of characters
  • Topic Archived