You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. New vs Old (MK11 Trailer, Major Spoilers)

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
3 weeks ago#1
https://youtu.be/RbMqcFvtMN8
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
3 weeks ago#2
Not clicking. Give the brass tax. Have a goddamn opinion on something. f***ing hell.

I can't wait for this. Liu Kang's got a dragon fatality (or is it part of his super? whatever, I love it), and that's the main thing I was worried about after X's take on him.
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 weeks ago#3
1: Stop with the rap music.

2: I think the whole old fighting new version thing is kind of silly. I'd much rather old version of characters fight new versions of others instead of the gimmick being that they're fighting themselves. Looks weird watching someone trying to kill his or herself.

3: NRS does know how to put a story together, though.

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
3 weeks ago#4
Looks weird watching someone trying to kill his or herself.

I think there’s merit to that, but the only characters fighting themselves are Kung, Liu and MAYBE Raiden and Kitana.

Everyone else is getting along with themself.

Mostly.
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: CVGuile

CVGuile
3 weeks ago#5
Dark Symphony posted...
1: Stop with the rap music.

These trailers feel more like a Fast and the Furious movie than a fighting game. I love Fast and the Furious but it's so weird seeing MK go through such a significant tone shift.

Dark Symphony posted...
2: I think the whole old fighting new version thing is kind of silly. I'd much rather old version of characters fight new versions of others instead of the gimmick being that they're fighting themselves. Looks weird watching someone trying to kill his or herself.

NRS has been on a bender lately trying to make alt costumes "make sense." While it has led to a weird habit of playing the multiple versions of characters card, I actually like the underlying goal.

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
3 weeks ago#6
The only thing I don't like is that they will inevitable come up with dumb reasons to have certain heroes fight each other (mirrors or not).

NRS seems to like having you fight EVERYONE in their story modes...
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 362~K words/24 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
3 weeks ago#7
Johnny Cage really needs to make it into one of these GameFaqs contests...I bet he makes it at least 3 rounds...maybe 4.
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

Dark Symphony
3 weeks ago#8
guedesbrawl posted...
The only thing I don't like is that they will inevitable come up with dumb reasons to have certain heroes fight each other (mirrors or not).

NRS seems to like having you fight EVERYONE in their story modes...

Yeah. It's kind of dumb. Not as bad as SFV having no constant narrative whatsoever and having you dart back and forth between allegiances.

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
3 weeks ago#9
It's especially hilarious in Injustice one, where they had Raven possess Green Arrow just so you fight him. An ability that would have solved the conflict if used earlier...
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 362~K words/24 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

Dark Symphony
3 weeks ago#10
guedesbrawl posted...
It's especially hilarious in Injustice one, where they had Raven possess Green Arrow just so you fight him. An ability that would have solved the conflict if used earlier...

I hate dramatic oversights like that.

Worst example was Jax getting annoyed at Johnny Cage in MK9 and then having a two round match with him. Just didn't feel believable and seemed really counter productive for someone who has an extensive Special Forces career.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. New vs Old (MK11 Trailer, Major Spoilers)