You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Shang Tsung and Noob Saibot confirmed for MK11, Tsung to be DLC.

User Info: saint311

saint311
4 weeks ago#21
I have NOTHING against devs revealing DLC before the game is released. ...as long as there's no gameplay.

I mean, it's actually a lowkey nice gesture to the consumer. "Hey, in case you're still deciding whether or not to get the DLC, he's a character who'll be included." I see nothing wrong w/ that at all, considering DLC, Season Passes, etc are now the standard.
currently playing - DoA6 Ayane | BB:CTB Hyde/Chie | SFV Cody

User Info: bigbadharry

bigbadharry
4 weeks ago#22
Pitaya posted...
lol @ people acting like this game wasn't gonna have paid DLC

I don't like that he's paid DLC, but I mean, Cary Tagawa playing Shang Tsung is a hell of a lot cooler than Ronda Rousey as Sonya. Though again I'm not fond of how there's two DLC characters confirmed before the rest of the base roster.

Yeah I thought selling pre-complete dlc was a no, no. I guess the times they are a changing? I guess they just keep moving forward no matter how much we moan and complain. I guess it's accepted now? How long till always online is also another feature? It is a GASS game after all.
Arrgh. Is this the end of lovable Igniz? Why!? There was no way I could lose! Why!? Why!?

User Info: Seiichi Omori

Seiichi Omori
4 weeks ago#23
Vegeta1000 posted...
And it's Shang's actor from the movie doing his voice.

his model is also influenced by him

actual dude looks old enough to be Old Tsung by now
http://i.imgur.com/cK2KzdK.gif
That was the zing of zings, I now crown Mr. Omori the King of Slams - SpiralSage (some guy)

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
4 weeks ago#24
bigbadharry posted...
Yeah I thought selling pre-complete dlc was a no, no. I guess the times they are a changing? I guess they just keep moving forward no matter how much we moan and complain. I guess it's accepted now? How long till always online is also another feature? It is a GASS game after all.

Now now, I'm not saying everyone should like it. We're all allowed to vote with our wallets. Don't like it, don't want to support it? Then don't! Put your money into a game that is perfectly and fully playable offline with no additional DLC. May I suggest Devil May Cry 5? Two weeks later and I'm still having a blast.

GASS -- you mean GAAS? Games as a service? I suppose it makes sense NRS would want to move to an online-only environment, but I feel despite their dubious business tactics, they would inevitably give it up once the community collectively starts telling them off. Not to mention always-online for fighting games would limit tournaments, and the community already had a meltdown over this with KI 2013.
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.

User Info: CVGuile

CVGuile
4 weeks ago#25
Pitaya posted...
and the community already had a meltdown over this with KI 2013.

No no no no no, I don't know about the "community" as a whole but at least here I clearly remember getting into it with people who defended KI's business model because of all the "choice" it offered and how it was better than the earlier model of self-contained incremental updates (it's not).

User Info: 90sNinja

90sNinja
4 weeks ago#26
Pitaya posted...
Don't like it, don't want to support it? Then don't!

This isn't really a position, and it's annoying to see it paraded so much, especially since the obvious response is always "I won't" and then that's basically the whole conversation. (it's not a wrong opinion, it just kind of goes without saying, applied perfectly well to MvCI after all which I didn't like, didn't buy, and will happily continue to trash talk tyvm). I would be much more interested in hearing someone explain why DLC announced before launch is a good thing, at least that's an opinion of some substance and if you really want to be contrarian might as well go all the way.
If life was meant to be easy, then everyone would be doing it.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
4 weeks ago#27
Pitaya posted...
Dark Symphony posted...
Pitaya posted...
lol @ people acting like this game wasn't gonna have paid DLC

Can you explain or make any sense of this sentence? Just any sense at all?

Is it that silly thing people do where they try to equate hating something to being surprised by it so they can give themselves an angle into taking issue with someone's dissatisfaction? That's it, isn't it?

Gamers are the most self-defeating consumers I've ever seen.

Being like "oh no this game has DLC I won't be buying this game now :(" is...really silly. We all knew this game would have paid DLC, ever since the game was announced. Acting like you're just now being dealt a deal-breaker is silly. I don't like it, but if it was a dealbreaker, I wouldn't have been following this game at all because it's so blatantly obvious that it's just a part of NRS game design.

What that reads li8ke to me is that you are bothered by seeing the complaining, would prefer that the complainers not be around and are looking for a way to take a jab at the complainers by trying to stigmatize the complaining as inherently stupid, which also conveniently reduces to a landscape where you wouldn't have to hear as much complaining about something you like.

There is a product.

The product releases details.

One of the released details upsets a potential buyer.

Potential buyer decides not to buy.

But you're saying that strain is illogical because the consumer should have ASSUMED what was going to happen and made the decision long ago and not even tracked the title (conveniently eliminating as complaint stream for fans who don't want to hear it).

Tell me, what is unreasonable about scrutinizing each individual product offering you see and making judgments based on the details? What do you lose?

Tell me, what is reasonable about assuming products will do things and not bothering to get the details first because they might do something you don't like? What do you gain?

It all sounds silly to me until you look at it from the perspective you seem to have which prioritizes minimizing complaints about things you like. I don't have any concern with whether or not people complain about MK11 so why the F would I stricture the way I shop around minimizing complaints? What would I gain from that? It doesn't hurt me to see something I don't like and then decide not to buy the product. I'll tell you who it does hurt, though...

Dark Symphony
4 weeks ago#28
CVGuile posted...
I don't think you know how to read a room. I am the very last person on this board who would have predicted it to not have DLC. I'm the one who's been predicting games would follow this model and have been on the goddamn money each and every time. The fact that I'm making the decision now--at the time the announcement actually happened--should tell you what you need to know about how I operate.

YOU IRRATIONAL SILLY GUY! YOU WAIT UNTIL THINGS ARE CONFIRMED BEFORE MAKING DECISIONS!

Don't you know that if you made a topic on the first day the game was rumored to be coming out saying you hate it because of paid DLC everyone would have said "That is very reasonable of you."?

Dark Symphony
4 weeks ago#29
90sNinja posted...
Pitaya posted...
Don't like it, don't want to support it? Then don't!

This isn't really a position, and it's annoying to see it paraded so much, especially since the obvious response is always "I won't" and then that's basically the whole conversation. (it's not a wrong opinion, it just kind of goes without saying, applied perfectly well to MvCI after all which I didn't like, didn't buy, and will happily continue to trash talk tyvm). I would be much more interested in hearing someone explain why DLC announced before launch is a good thing, at least that's an opinion of some substance and if you really want to be contrarian might as well go all the way.

It's annoying because it's paraded around like a position. But what is it really saying?

Does Pitaya think anyone here believes there is some government edict that will force them to buy the game?

No?

OK, so it's not addressing some concern about people being forced to buy the game. So what is it addressing then? Let's break it down.

The phrase indicates someone doesn't have to buy the game. That is said in response to someone complaining about the game. If not having to buy it is a contest to someone not liking it then it appears that complaining about products you don't have to buy is unreasonable.

Which means the speaker believes you can only complain about products that you are legally required to buy in your country.

Which, conveniently, would mean that he wouldn't have to hear or see any complaints about something he likes.

Who would have thought?

I hate any goofy position that doesn't work both ways. There's all this room for being positive and praising things. Something gets reviewed like garbage before release due to some controversy? TROLLS! Something gets praised to the highs due to some pie-in-the-sky comments by people involved in production? WOW! This is really popular!

Everything should work both ways. If don't like it, don't buy it is used as a swat for complaints then it should also apply for praise.

"I'm really excited for this game now!"

"Hey, you loon! Like it? Buy it! Don't clutter the forums with your useless praise, fool!"

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
4 weeks ago#30
It's not like CVGuile acted with surprise or outrage, which would imply not expecting this kind of... business.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 362~K words/24 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Shang Tsung and Noob Saibot confirmed for MK11, Tsung to be DLC.