You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Shang Tsung and Noob Saibot confirmed for MK11, Tsung to be DLC.

User Info: EuroE

EuroE
4 weeks ago#11
Trade minister!

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
4 weeks ago#12
CVGuile posted...
Blue_Inigo posted...
Vegeta1000 posted...
And it's Shang's actor from the movie doing his voice.

Holy s*** that's so good

Oh ffs he's dlc

My reaction exactly. See, this is why DLC is bad, guys. And why as much as it pains me I will not be buying Shang Tsung and possibly the entire game now.

...yup. I've definitely dated a few CVGuiles in my time.

... still don't recommend.
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: CVGuile

CVGuile
4 weeks ago#13
I love how everyone likes to march out the "vote with your wallet" sentiment whenever I talk about things I don't like but then they get all pissy when I do exactly that. Fact is, I do not want games to operate this way (and interestingly enough--apparently neither do most of you). The fact that they do is out of my control aside from how I consume these commodities. Of course I suspected there would be DLC but the way in which it's being handled makes it feel like it's being weaponized. "Here's this really cool thing...that is DLC...before the game is even out." Sorry, I'm not interested in those shenanigans.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: MkStitch

MkStitch
4 weeks ago#14
Vegeta1000 posted...
CVGuile posted...
Blue_Inigo posted...
Vegeta1000 posted...

Holy s*** that's so good

Oh ffs he's dlc

My reaction exactly. See, this is why DLC is bad, guys. And why as much as it pains me I will not be buying Shang Tsung and possibly the entire game now.

He's probably DLC because he doesn't have an important role in the story.

At least make him a unlockable fighter by complete something like beat him as a secret boss.
MvC 2: Felica, Cammy and Spiderman// MvC 1: Ryu And Morrigan // UMvC3: Dante, Morrigan and Akuma //Kof 14: Kyo, Nakoruru and Terry bogard
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
4 weeks ago#15
CVGuile posted...
I love how everyone likes to march out the "vote with your wallet" sentiment whenever I talk about things I don't like but then they get all pissy when I do exactly that.

Nobody's pissy. I just think it's hilarious (and a little sad) you actually thought it wouldn't have paid DLC.

Don't buy the game, nobody's forcing you to. Support what you want to support, stick by your ideals until the day you die. More power to you. Just...you know, I'm gonna laugh when, in two years, you're genuinely surprised Injustice 3 has paid DLC, too. :P
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.

User Info: CVGuile

CVGuile
4 weeks ago#16
I don't think you know how to read a room. I am the very last person on this board who would have predicted it to not have DLC. I'm the one who's been predicting games would follow this model and have been on the goddamn money each and every time. The fact that I'm making the decision now--at the time the announcement actually happened--should tell you what you need to know about how I operate.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
4 weeks ago#17
Vegeta1000 posted...

Damn, son.

I know he's still in the game since he did Shang Tsung for the second season of Mortal Kombat Legacy. Nice casting call.
I spent so much money and time trying to make DMC5 look bad and it still gets great reviews. Last time I'm doing that...

User Info: Mister_Spyker

Mister_Spyker
4 weeks ago#18
Pitaya posted...
Though again I'm not fond of how there's two DLC characters confirmed before the rest of the base roster.

Technically Shao Kahn isn't DLC, merely an unlockable character from the Krypt. He's merely being offered as a pre-order incentive, and not as paid content.
Dear lord, Spyker just ripped his entire life apart in nothing more than a few paragraphs. Ouch... - RexSilver

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
4 weeks ago#19
Mister_Spyker posted...
Technically Shao Kahn isn't DLC, merely an unlockable character from the Krypt. He's merely being offered as a pre-order incentive, and not as paid content.

Oh, that's good news then. Figured he'd be like Goro.
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.

User Info: 90sNinja

90sNinja
4 weeks ago#20
I'm happy to wait for the ultimate edition (pretty sure every NRS game so far has gotten one). Only reason to get it at launch is the online community being strongest then and I can live without that. Although by the time IJ2 got one I was completely over ever playing it.

Apparently everyone learned the wrong lessons from SFxT - you can totally announce DLC before launch, you just can't announce an arbitrarily large amount or else scary hashtag campaigns will ensue.

I feel like a large reason for the tolerance from the FGC comes from everyone thinking they'll be the next big e celeb, so they have to follow and grab these games as they come out to get their big break, and the games are now being built as micro economies to exploit that. The whole Youtube/Twitch/Patreon bubble needs to burst badly.
If life was meant to be easy, then everyone would be doing it.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Shang Tsung and Noob Saibot confirmed for MK11, Tsung to be DLC.