You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Does anyone miss playing console fighting games with cheats?

User Info: Will Smith

Will Smith
4 weeks ago#1
Your choice of third party cheat accessories, whether it be Pro Actuon Replay, Game Shark, Game Genie, etc.

For me it really did extend the replay value of games back in the day. Being able to steamroll over Akuma in ST using Blanka was fun as hell.

Cheat devices gave you a chance to beat the game with a lame weak character, and also granted you access to unplayable bosses and hidden characters.

I understand that with the focus of online gaming, people would crap their pants if cheat devices could manipulate how many XP you earned by grinding in ranked matches or just trolling in general.

But not everyone uses the online functions of their gaming consoles (a lot of players lack internet or internet access and play offline).

I'd even go as far as cheat devices having to be necessary for those without online access. How else would they obtain DLC content or online only currency if they are disconnected?

Sometimes having God mode enabled and whuppin the CPU mercilessly is a blast.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
4 weeks ago#2
Not so much with cheat accessories, but I've had countless hours of fun screwing around with the kombat kode system.
"In the end we're all dicks".-ReiderAsmadi
Candy, tastes like chicken if chicken was a candy -Toki Wartooth

User Info: pikapika212

pikapika212
4 weeks ago#3
There only time I had access to cheating devices was back in the gbc era, though I think I only ever used it in Pokemon and Pokemon pinball
PSN pikapika212 /GGAC+R - Anji/Baiken, GGXRD - Sol Baiken BB - Hakumen, BBTag - Plat/Orie, SF4+5 - Bison, P4U - Labyrs, DBFZ - A21/Hit/G.B.

User Info: Lord_Shadow_19

Lord_Shadow_19
4 weeks ago#4
Will Smith posted...
Your choice of third party cheat accessories, whether it be Pro Actuon Replay, Game Shark, Game Genie, etc.

For me it really did extend the replay value of games back in the day. Being able to steamroll over Akuma in ST using Blanka was fun as hell.

Cheat devices gave you a chance to beat the game with a lame weak character, and also granted you access to unplayable bosses and hidden characters.

I understand that with the focus of online gaming, people would crap their pants if cheat devices could manipulate how many XP you earned by grinding in ranked matches or just trolling in general.

But not everyone uses the online functions of their gaming consoles (a lot of players lack internet or internet access and play offline).

I'd even go as far as cheat devices having to be necessary for those without online access. How else would they obtain DLC content or online only currency if they are disconnected?

Sometimes having God mode enabled and whuppin the CPU mercilessly is a blast.

So you're saying dlc should be free if you dont feel like going online?
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

User Info: ipsel50

ipsel50
4 weeks ago#5
Fun stuff to mess around, but not really.
PSN ID: strider_kiryu T7 (PC): Feng, Asuka

User Info: OctoPop

OctoPop
4 weeks ago#6
I'm weird in that I never was a fan of using cheats whatsoever. The most I ever did was tweak around the characters in Tekken 3. Like I'd have Anna Williams with Gon's moveset so she could turn around and have a green fart come out of her calf muscles

User Info: Landonio

Landonio
3 weeks ago#7
Yeah.
atpRtsd
LOOK HERE, LOOK LISTEN!
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Does anyone miss playing console fighting games with cheats?