You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. A Reset for Fighting Games?

User Info: asiacatdogblue

asiacatdogblue
2 months ago#1
At any point for any reason, would you want fighting games to reboot and start over?

Go Back to the simplistic beginnings of 1990?

Starting with Yie Ar Kung Fu?

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
2 months ago#2
A reset without SF2 dictating exactly what is a fighting game. I want experimentation in the genre.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: Beastofprey0079

Beastofprey0079
2 months ago#3
I want to bring back the golden age of fighting games where there is no female fighters.

User Info: asiacatdogblue

asiacatdogblue
2 months ago#4
Beastofprey0079 posted...
I want to bring back the golden age of fighting games where there is no female fighters.

Wha-why?

User Info: Beastofprey0079

Beastofprey0079
2 months ago#5
asiacatdogblue posted...

Wha-why?

Because every single female fighters are waifu bait, especially in modern era. Ever since Chun-Li came to existence, every single fighting games have at least 1 or more female fighter. Fatal Fury 1 is the last fighting game without female playable character.

User Info: Lord_Shadow_19

Lord_Shadow_19
2 months ago#6
asiacatdogblue posted...

Wha-why?

Because every single female fighters are waifu bait, especially in modern era. Ever since Chun-Li came to existence, every single fighting games have at least 1 or more female fighter. Fatal Fury 1 is the last fighting game without female playable character.

Complaining about Waifu bait characters is one thing, but not all female characters explicitly designed with that purpose in mind. Despite being considered attractive, Chun isnt designed to be waifu bait, shes just designed to be attractive, same as many of the Male characters.

If we are making games with original characters (games like SF, MK, and Tekken that have characters created for the game), people are going to want female characters and complain when there arent any.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

User Info: Dark_Despair

Dark_Despair
2 months ago#7
No, not really. Leave the past in the past. How about a mandate for atleast 20 character launch roster (excluding DLC).
PSN Gamer Tag: Murciealago229
Currently Playing: God of War, The Crew 2 and Spider-Man.

User Info: Raiu

Raiu
2 months ago#8

Your idea of the "Golden Age" of fighting games is Karate Champ and Street Fighter I?
-Raiutaryuu-

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
2 months ago#9
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Complaining about Waifu bait characters is one thing, but not all female characters explicitly designed with that purpose in mind. Despite being considered attractive, Chun isnt designed to be waifu bait, shes just designed to be attractive, same as many of the Male characters.

Do you get his point? I do. I don't want zero female characters but I do get his point. If given the choice between the current trend of female characters and none I'd take none and I think the unofficial female representation rating would go up as a result.

User Info: Fazeo13

Fazeo13
2 months ago#10
I'm miss getting lots of new characters in one game.

Most of the additional fighting games as service SFV characters were trash.
DOA 6 is looking even more trash 1 new characters per season.
Tekken 7 is kinda underwhelming cause of Tekken Tag 2 I can't see the difference in the graphics, slightly better I guess? But much less Characters
Arc Sys started this crap with paying for slight tweaks and a new character each game. I got tired of their games anyway, meh.
I hope next KOF doesn't disappoint? I want at least 7 new characters starting.
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. A Reset for Fighting Games?