The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Games most similar to Marvel 3?

User Info: WizardPowers

WizardPowers
2 months ago#1
Where pretty much every time you go into training mode you can find a new viable combo. And where the pace of the match is fast.

Every other fighter I've tried felt super restrictive. Either it was super slow, or you had to have extreme dexterity to get anything more than a super basic combo.
http://i.imgur.com/FS3aeNW.png
http://i.imgur.com/Hy9IDHK.gif

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
2 months ago#2
Skullgirls, if you don't mind the smaller roster.
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
2 months ago#3
Well it ain't Infinite...that's for sure!
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: zKanoe

zKanoe
2 months ago#4
Skullgirls is what I'd recommend, but it's more like MvC2 with the reset focused play. The infinite prevention system leads to a lot of interesting setups for mind games, traps, and encouraging fresh combos. The combo chains are pretty straight forward too.

The roster is kind of small, but the characters are very unique and you set teams up between 1 - 3 characters so there is that.

Matches are pretty fast too of course.

I couldn't recommend DBFZ since it is much slower, way less variety in overall options (movement, hit states, combo routes, play styles) and really isn't rewarding to explore the limited combo routes/hit states unless you just want to be stylish without return.

If none of the above interests you, I recommend going back to UMvC3. It's "dead", but there are a few folks always roaming around to play on PC, X1, and PS4. Search here, on reddit, Steam, or Discord.
Something goes here...someday I'll remember what it was.

User Info: KingzJuster

KingzJuster
2 months ago#5
Definitely Skullgirls. If it weren't for the tiny roster, it would have a lot more prominence IMO. Not to say it has no prominence, but quite a few fans disliked how many potential character designs were shown (and there were a LOT...trust me) but like 97% of them didn't make it into the game.
Always bet on me.
PSN: KingzJuster

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
2 months ago#6
Dbfz and skullgirls are the closest you will get, though there's also the power rangers game coming out.
Muh mains: T7: Steve Fox, Armor King, Sfv: Akuma, Nash, Smash: Fox, Dbfz: K. Buu/Hit/SSJ Vegeta, Sc6: Sophitia, Mvci: Zero/Dante

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
2 months ago#7
TvC
The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
2 months ago#8
Everybody thought DBFZ would be the next Marvel 3, but it's become its own beast entirely.

Skullgirls is the closest you'll get.
Smash is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi, Negan | SC6: Mitsurugi, Groh

User Info: LionLuBu

LionLuBu
2 months ago#9
that new power ranger game
FG expert at MKX: Sub-zero/kotalKhan SFV:MBison/Nash/Zangefi KOF:KIM/KYO/RYO Tekken:almost every character

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
2 months ago#10
Ben Reilly posted...
TvC
The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Games most similar to Marvel 3?
  • Topic Archived