You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. So, which game has the best control system?

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
1 month ago#21
DarkDoc posted...
T-Matt-16 posted...
I like the speed and different jump speeds/distances in KOF the most, these days most fighters feel good from a control standpoint though.

Funny you mention speed. A lot of my mates used to like games with turbo settings, but I never saw the fascination. I don't want a game to be too slow, but I don't want it to be too fast either.

I agree, but I chalk it up to the same reasons some people prefer speed chess (which I've also never liked/been great at).

Just a different "harder" way to play, I suppose.
"In the end we're all dicks".-ReiderAsmadi
Candy, tastes like chicken if chicken was a candy -Toki Wartooth

User Info: DreamwingNero

DreamwingNero
1 month ago#22
I just like how the poll lists games (singular), entire series (kof) and people here mentioning entire companies.

Heck might aswell just add console/arcade as a category.

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#23
Lord_Wombat posted...
Tekken or DBFZ

Interesting choices. I don't know anything about DBFZ, what makes it so good?

DarkDoc
4 weeks ago#24
guedesbrawl posted...
If you are bringing intuitiveness as a factor then Smash takes it so hard it's not even funny because of how attacks work.

Yeah, intuitiveness, predictability, feel-good factor, all of that.

DarkDoc
4 weeks ago#25
Will Smith posted...
Nineties Street Fighter games.

Yeah, SF2 was good. Alpha was good. SFEX was good. SF3 was reasonable (parry was too fiddly and high-risk for most people). I'm still of the opinion that SF games don't always need a dash.

User Info: JELIFISH19

JELIFISH19
4 weeks ago#26
MvCI
GGXrd
MB
UNIEL
Skullgirls
Them's Fightin' Herds

All of those games were heavily influenced by the feel of old fast-paced Capcom games such as Marvel and Darkstalkers.
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
Capcom, ASW, & NRS fighting games 4 Life
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: jky7702

jky7702
4 weeks ago#27
LMH is westernized garbage, only suitable for weapon based fighters. DBZ and MVC3 would have been better with 2p, 2k.

But Arcsys seems to want to dumb everything down these days.

User Info: pigboy

pigboy
4 weeks ago#28
SFA2 game or CVS2 game.

DarkDoc
3 weeks ago#29
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Smash by a long shot honestly

Because it's simple?

DarkDoc
2 weeks ago#30
Superlinkbro posted...
It's either Tekken or SoulCalibur to me. Tekken and it's juggle mechanics are so fine and fluid to pull off but SC with it's parry and blocking feels way more natural. It's close to me but SC is better imo.

Main difference between these two for me is the blocking. I usually prefer away to block, rather than buttons.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. So, which game has the best control system?