You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. So, which game has the best control system?

User Info: pb234

pb234
2 months ago#11
LordRattergun posted...
Street Fighter 1.

The power of your attack depends on how hard you hit the buttons. Immersive and well ahead of its time.

User Info: Superlinkbro

Superlinkbro
2 months ago#12
It's either Tekken or SoulCalibur to me. Tekken and it's juggle mechanics are so fine and fluid to pull off but SC with it's parry and blocking feels way more natural. It's close to me but SC is better imo.
PSN: Super_Link_Bro/Switch FC: SW-0496-6694-1794
Please let me know if you want to friend me beforehand.

User Info: KingzJuster

KingzJuster
2 months ago#13
Maybe it's because they're my two favorite fighting game series and I grew up so heavily on them, but I go with Street Fighter and Tekken. Tekken's juggle system gets extremely annoying and makes you feel helpless sometimes when you get caught in a juggle, but outside of that I love its gameplay.
Always bet on me.
PSN: KingzJuster
(message deleted)

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#15
HaohmaruOfFire posted...
sNk

Because of the complexity? The freedom of movement?

User Info: bIuerain

bIuerain
1 month ago#16
I went with Soul Calibur because of its very simplistic and easy to understand controls. Press a direction to walk that way, three distinct attack buttons + block.
go team venture!

User Info: Neo-Violen

Neo-Violen
1 month ago#17
DarkDoc posted...
LordRattergun posted...
Street Fighter 1.

The power of your attack depends on how hard you hit the buttons. Immersive and well ahead of its time.

Oh, that's a point. Very innovative, although perhaps less precise.

Also made the control panels not last past a year of usage, lol.
"Amateur hour."
https://i.imgur.com/H7RGDQy.png

User Info: str8Knowledge

str8Knowledge
1 month ago#18
bIuerain posted...
I went with Soul Calibur because of its very simplistic and easy to understand controls. Press a direction to walk that way, three distinct attack buttons + block.

I love the horizontal and vertical because it is 3d thinking. And the sidestep tap and eight way run moves.

User Info: HaohmaruOfFire

HaohmaruOfFire
1 month ago#19
SNK is my favorite control system. That's all.
Johnny FountainS on youtube
I'm going to south texas college next year

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#20
T-Matt-16 posted...
I like the speed and different jump speeds/distances in KOF the most, these days most fighters feel good from a control standpoint though.

Funny you mention speed. A lot of my mates used to like games with turbo settings, but I never saw the fascination. I don't want a game to be too slow, but I don't want it to be too fast either.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. So, which game has the best control system?