You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. So, which game has the best control system?

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
2 months ago#1
So, which game has the best control system?

I guess some of this is personal preference, but which series do you think has the best control? I'm thinking in terms of intuitiveness, input lag, leniency, shortcuts, complexity, etc.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
2 months ago#2
Street Fighter 1.

The power of your attack depends on how hard you hit the buttons. Immersive and well ahead of its time.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: HaohmaruOfFire

HaohmaruOfFire
2 months ago#3
sNk
Johnny FountainS on youtube
I love Goldeneye the movie

User Info: T-Matt-16

T-Matt-16
2 months ago#4
I like the speed and different jump speeds/distances in KOF the most, these days most fighters feel good from a control standpoint though.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 months ago#5
Tekken or DBFZ
~GFaqs #1 DBFZ player~ (Though thats not saying much tbh...)
Candy, tastes like chicken if chicken was a candy -Toki

User Info: jky7702

jky7702
2 months ago#6
Lmh is trash

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
2 months ago#7
If you are bringing intuitiveness as a factor then Smash takes it so hard it's not even funny because of how attacks work.

The only big caveat to playing most of the cast is figuring where to apply a given special move, and how you recover. The normals usually have obvious utility and you just need to know what direction you want and if you want speed or power.

"How to" is almost never a issue.

Even specials tend to share traits on the input across the cast. Up-B = recover is the most common but there are others for each slot.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 362K words/24 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: Will Smith

Will Smith
2 months ago#8
Nineties Street Fighter games.

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
2 months ago#9
LordRattergun posted...
Street Fighter 1.

The power of your attack depends on how hard you hit the buttons. Immersive and well ahead of its time.

Oh, that's a point. Very innovative, although perhaps less precise.

User Info: MK9_Prodigy

MK9_Prodigy
2 months ago#10
Smash by a long shot honestly
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. So, which game has the best control system?