You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Harada w/ his take on SJW pandering...

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
1 month ago#21
Will Smith posted...
STEROLIZER posted...
CVGuile posted...
It has a chilling effect to the extent that people who actually make decisions either agree with, cave to, or experience actual consequences from it. But let me ask you, how many things have suffered harm? It’s weird, right? Just recently Tekken put everyone in swim wear. No problems. Some segment of the population vocally battled DOA for years but they’re still making them and it appears at a glance that sales are adequate. They didn’t localize one of the volleyball games but I suspect that was a business decision and they just deflected blame by opportunistically pinning it on an existing fear.

And it doesn’t seem to matter which political direction the attack comes from. A ton of people b****ed about Black Panther—a billion f***ing dollars. Buffoons review bomb Captain Marvel—I bet it still makes bank. I see no chilling effect in practice. People are doing a lot of talking and there’s a lot of fear of what might happen but I haven’t seen a single product suffer from a concerted effort by the outrage sector of the Internet. In fact, how could it? One of the core failings of the outrage sector is they’re lazy and want to appear good rather than do good—that’s why they’re sarcastically called “social justice warriors.”

This feels like a case of mass hysteria based on a viral video. One kid eats a Tide pod and suddenly “Can you believe what kids are doing today?” Not realizing that if more kids start doing it—not even “when” but “if”—then it’s probably because of the feedback loop telling people that it’s what kids are doing.

Castlevania Guile has a point!

Let's all concentrate on becoming family men!

@Will_Smith your opinions?

I somewhat agree with his tweet.

In this current age I don't feel people are "genuinely" offended by a large amount of stuff that goes on. From my personal experiences with family members, co-workers, and friends, they will wait to see if someone else gives the signal to be offended before they state it themselves.

The bleeding hearts usually wait to take their cue to be offended from someone in authority (politician, celebrity, a fellow SJW who is high on the totem pole).

Discrimination, classification, and bias will always exist regardless. Even if we were homogenized in Harada's example of tee shirts and jeans, we would start to rank and file ourselves. Those with faded jeans might be higher status than those with heavily dyed blues.

If you have a v neck collar, that might put you on the bottom of the status ladder.

Humans have an innate desire to sort and classify things, give them value. This is why I find it funny whenever some leftist states that they are "shocked that racism still exists in the year 20XX". It's about as naive as stating that "it is 2019, why are we still using currency to purchase goods?"

I was wandering if you wanted to become a family man?
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: Will Smith

Will Smith
1 month ago#22
STEROLIZER posted...
Will Smith posted...
STEROLIZER posted...
CVGuile posted...
It has a chilling effect to the extent that people who actually make decisions either agree with, cave to, or experience actual consequences from it. But let me ask you, how many things have suffered harm? It’s weird, right? Just recently Tekken put everyone in swim wear. No problems. Some segment of the population vocally battled DOA for years but they’re still making them and it appears at a glance that sales are adequate. They didn’t localize one of the volleyball games but I suspect that was a business decision and they just deflected blame by opportunistically pinning it on an existing fear.

And it doesn’t seem to matter which political direction the attack comes from. A ton of people b****ed about Black Panther—a billion f***ing dollars. Buffoons review bomb Captain Marvel—I bet it still makes bank. I see no chilling effect in practice. People are doing a lot of talking and there’s a lot of fear of what might happen but I haven’t seen a single product suffer from a concerted effort by the outrage sector of the Internet. In fact, how could it? One of the core failings of the outrage sector is they’re lazy and want to appear good rather than do good—that’s why they’re sarcastically called “social justice warriors.”

This feels like a case of mass hysteria based on a viral video. One kid eats a Tide pod and suddenly “Can you believe what kids are doing today?” Not realizing that if more kids start doing it—not even “when” but “if”—then it’s probably because of the feedback loop telling people that it’s what kids are doing.

In this current age I don't feel people are "genuinely" offended by a large amount of stuff that goes on. From my personal experiences with family members, co-workers, and friends, they will wait to see if someone else gives the signal to be offended before they state it themselves.

The bleeding hearts usually wait to take their cue to be offended from someone in authority (politician, celebrity, a fellow SJW who is high on the totem pole).

Discrimination, classification, and bias will always exist regardless. Even if we were homogenized in Harada's example of tee shirts and jeans, we would start to rank and file ourselves. Those with faded jeans might be higher status than those with heavily dyed blues.

If you have a v neck collar, that might put you on the bottom of the status ladder.

Humans have an innate desire to sort and classify things, give them value. This is why I find it funny whenever some leftist states that they are "shocked that racism still exists in the year 20XX". It's about as naive as stating that "it is 2019, why are we still using currency to purchase goods?"

I just want to go home like Michael Douglas in "Falling Down".

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
1 month ago#23
Will Smith posted...
STEROLIZER posted...
Will Smith posted...
STEROLIZER posted...
CVGuile posted...

I just want to go home like Michael Douglas in "Falling Down".

The world's first anti-hero. I hated how McDonalds use to stop serving breakfast at 10:30. The only bad part about the 90's!
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: CVGuile

CVGuile
1 month ago#24
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Mass Hysteria that ends up with people losing jobs, being deplatformed, and even physically attacked. All in the name of appeasing the SJW mob, a mob that will never be appeased because they only survive by finding new things to outrage about.

Mass hysteria is not harmless. Which is why I'm advocating not succumbing to it. People are letting fear rule them. That is dangerous.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Sovereign_One

Sovereign_One
1 month ago#25
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Sovereign_One posted...
Ed Boon, take notes.

Ed hasn't caved in to SJW's.
@Sovereign_One

Uh wut?

User Info: Kakashi_Lawyer

Kakashi_Lawyer
1 month ago#26
This is rich coming from a man who removes all older women in every game he gets involved with AND removed Zafina because Arab men didn't like her.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BombermanGold

BombermanGold
1 month ago#27
Kakashi_Lawyer posted...
AND removed Zafina because Arab men didn't like her.

...Where'd you hear this at?
"I will be your superhero!!!"
STEAM ID: BombermanGOLDEN

User Info: bige85

bige85
1 month ago#28
Muscle Buster posted...
Nicely-put, and he's right.

Vulcan422 posted...
Excellent. Stay true to core values. Don't give in to people who preach false platitudes. All these people want is for their awful, inhumane opinions to feel validated so they can stroke their own egos.
I will not be forgiven by good or evil.-Donovan Baine, Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers 3

User Info: Silver_Ogre

Silver_Ogre
1 month ago#29
Kakashi_Lawyer posted...
This is rich coming from a man who removes all older women in every game he gets involved with AND removed Zafina because Arab men didn't like her.

Don't spread unsubstantiated rumors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFtM1rv373s

User Info: BombermanGold

BombermanGold
1 month ago#30
Silver_Ogre posted...
Kakashi_Lawyer posted...

Don't spread unsubstantiated rumors.

Shh, I want to know where @Kakashi_Lawyer heard it from.
Am curious as hell. Heheheh. Hurrrrrr.
"I will be your superhero!!!"
STEAM ID: BombermanGOLDEN
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Harada w/ his take on SJW pandering...