You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Harada w/ his take on SJW pandering...

User Info: bIuerain

bIuerain
3 weeks ago#141
bump
go team venture!

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
3 weeks ago#142
bIuerain posted...
bump

No.
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: bIuerain

bIuerain
3 weeks ago#143
STEROLIZER posted...
bIuerain posted...
bump

No.

tbqh? I intended to respond to DS from like weeks ago and didn't want to the thread to purge

I find myself starting s*** on the internet but losing the willpower or time to follow through a lit
go team venture!

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 weeks ago#144
bIuerain posted...
STEROLIZER posted...
bIuerain posted...
bump

No.

tbqh? I intended to respond to DS from like weeks ago and didn't want to the thread to purge

I find myself starting s*** on the internet but losing the willpower or time to follow through a lit

I totally get that.

STEROLIZER
3 weeks ago#145
bIuerain posted...
STEROLIZER posted...
bIuerain posted...
bump

No.

lol, thats some truth right there. You aint alone my man!
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: DreamwingNero

DreamwingNero
3 weeks ago#146
I think people saying "ignore the mob" are missing something.

The "SJW mob" is just the grassroots activism that mirrors the same ideology of aligned corporate/media/politicians.

Explains why Harada was quick to drop the smirk and give a serious reply to settle the matter lol before anyone higher up pays any attention.

STEROLIZER
2 weeks ago#147
So, what is everyone's opinion on NRS refusing to allow their women characters to have sexy items?

User Info: 90sNinja

90sNinja
2 weeks ago#148
STEROLIZER posted...
So, what is everyone's opinion on NRS refusing to allow their women characters to have sexy items?

It's their call (obviously) but it's kinda dumb. MK has always evoked B-movie shlock, which includes sexualization. You can argue how sex and violence aren't equivalent, but they definitely go together, and it's weird to unironically say "oh you can rip the women to pieces but god forbid you see any skin".

Although it's interesting how the MK women characters end up becoming period pieces over time, from the 2D game's spandex and athletic gear of the 90s to the 3D's over the top edgy and BDSM style of the 2000s and now we get generic Marvel space armor.

I'm imagining there's more to the story than just "MK says sexy bad!" but I don't care enough to do more than ramble about it. Hell they could definitely put some work into differentiating their female characters a little more, but I don't know if changing everyone's bikinis to full armor actually addresses that. It's also a little telling that pretty much none of these characters seem to have an iconic look to fall back on outside of their color schemes.

If NRS is trying to find a new niche beyond gore and story modes, I don't know if introducing character customization and then immediately trimming that down is the play.
If life was meant to be easy, then everyone would be doing it.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

STEROLIZER
2 weeks ago#149
90sNinja posted...
STEROLIZER posted...

It's their call (obviously) but it's kinda dumb. MK has always evoked B-movie shlock, which includes sexualization. You can argue how sex and violence aren't equivalent, but they definitely go together, and it's weird to unironically say "oh you can rip the women to pieces but god forbid you see any skin".

Although it's interesting how the MK women characters end up becoming period pieces over time, from the 2D game's spandex and athletic gear of the 90s to the 3D's over the top edgy and BDSM style of the 2000s and now we get generic Marvel space armor.

I'm imagining there's more to the story than just "MK says sexy bad!" but I don't care enough to do more than ramble about it. Hell they could definitely put some work into differentiating their female characters a little more, but I don't know if changing everyone's bikinis to full armor actually addresses that. It's also a little telling that pretty much none of these characters seem to have an iconic look to fall back on outside of their color schemes.

If NRS is trying to find a new niche beyond gore and story modes, I don't know if introducing character customization and then immediately trimming that down is the play.

Which 90's Ninja are you exactly?

User Info: CVGuile

CVGuile
2 weeks ago#150
What I find weird about these situations is that they feel compelled to say it. Like, why even make it an issue? Consider that in MK's earliest games the women wore essentially athletic wear and each game is known for completely reinventing costumes, it doesn't seem especially notable that, say, Scarlet is wearing more this time around. It's just a strange conversation to get into. And with MK in particular it's more nuanced because the women actually look better these days and back during MK9 Sonya and Mileena's costumes were laughed at for being uninspired and silly.
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Harada w/ his take on SJW pandering...