2 months ago #121
    Johnny Blaque posted...
    You really should not get defensive when you realize it's just one opinion.

Why not? Give me a reason.

Johnny Blaque posted...
    Knee-jerk reactions have clearly not been working so far.

Working to do what? Explain. It's you and me talking right now.

Johnny Blaque posted...
    I've been arguing for a measured response thus entire time. Not some stuff like the extreme hypothetical like Harada posted.

I really wish this world would get it together about twitter. It's a blurb site for posting blurbs, not well crafted insights. Why do we insist on taking anything said on twitter as an official presidential statement? The guy can go on a rant lampooning something on twitter. It happens all the time every day in face to face conversations and people know not to take it too seriously. The conversation was not at a point where you should be expecting Haradasanz deep measured thoughts on complex social matters.

Johnny Blaque posted...
    That is not how you beat the outrage mob. I'm fine with Harada being sassy with customers but this response was just stupid.

Remember, he wasn't responding to the topic, he brought up the topic by seemingly flippantly taking jabs at certain social trends. I don't think he was out of line nor do I think he was actively trying to help a situation. He was just saying some crap.