You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Capcom needs to go back to the drawing board of what made SFIV successful.

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
1 month ago#1
IMO, if there's going to be a SF VI, what Capcom needs to do, is go back to the drawing board of what made SF IV successful within both casuals & the FGC. Examples?

1.) Don't rush the game just for the sake of eSports & tournaments that only caters to the hardcore. That was the most biggest mistake that Capcom had done with SF V.

Cater to the casuals by having most characters, modes & content available from Day One. They're the ones that drives the most sales.

2.) Get rid of the GaaS model, along with that Fight Money BS. No other company that does fighters has done that s***. Seasonal characters are fine, however.
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.

User Info: Lord_Shadow_19

Lord_Shadow_19
1 month ago#2
Capcom will probably start ignoring fighters again like they did in the 2000s
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
1 month ago#3
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...

That'd be for the best tbh... MHW, Mega Man 11, DMC V, RE2... Capcom can still make killer games, but have they forgotten how to make even a relatively good fighting game?

Also, I'd just like to point out that SF4 was s*** on by many MANY people (though I loved it), which goes to show how bad V is if people are suddenly praising IV.
~Hands down the best all-around fighting game player GameFaqs has to offer (though that's not saying much tbh)

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
1 month ago#4
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...

And let someone else like Namco become the new big name in tournaments like EVO...I'm all for it until Capcom gets themselves together.
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#5
Nah. They need to completely tear down the drawing board they're currently using and make a new one. That is to say, reconstruct the entire fighting game division from the ground up. They're doing everything else right, but their fighting game division is still f***ed.
Smash is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Falke | MK11: Jade, Sub-Zero | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi | SC6: Mitsurugi, Groh

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
1 month ago#6
Casuals won't stick around for years for a game to get completed, and they don't like all the dlc either. They really blew it with 5, it's gameplay also is subpar.

30/mid 30 character roster, with a little of something for everybody and standard modes for a fighting game plus the online.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
1 month ago#7
KillerKhan420 posted...
Casuals won't stick around for years for a game to get completed, and they don't like all the dlc either.

Idk, judging from MKX, SCVI, Smash, and DBFZ, "casuals" seem to stick to their games as much or even more than some "hardcore" players.

Obviously most people b**** about the DLC, but considering the online playerbase swells every time new content is released (Tekken 7, SFV, and again DBFZ to make a few recent examples), it makes me wonder if they're really as against the practice as they claim to be.
~Hands down the best all-around fighting game player GameFaqs has to offer (though that's not saying much tbh)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: guerrillakidney

guerrillakidney
1 month ago#8
I dont have any problem with seasons of dlc content to add to the game. I get at least a
Few hrs out of each character in a season of characters. I just want it to ADD to the game and not be needed bring the game up to acceptible lvls.

User Info: Lost7th

Lost7th
1 month ago#9
Street Fighter IV was successful because it came at a time when there was a fighting game drought and seeing SF4 come out of nowhere was a big deal.

User Info: GREEN00

GREEN00
1 month ago#10
SF4 had plenty of shortcomings, it's not some ideal model to follow.
My collection, http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/GREEN00/games/owned?platform=0
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. Capcom needs to go back to the drawing board of what made SFIV successful.