You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. What's the most important thing in a fighting game?

User Info: GigaMan91

GigaMan91
3 months ago#41
The characters get me to play the game, but the gameplay determines whether I stay or leave.

I may love the mess out of some character design, but if I'm not having immediate fun, I won't feel like playing anymore.
Super SmUsh Bros.
https://i.imgur.com/rJW0eMh.gif
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
3 months ago#42
BlazingSpeed posted...
Where is the all of the above option?

All of them are important. Nobody is denying that. But which one factor is more important than the others?
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: Blessranger

Blessranger
3 months ago#43
Roster matters for me.
Dear Nintendo, please make Super Mario World 3... and a beat 'em up game that can compete with Sega's Streets of Rage 4!

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
2 months ago#44
Any advance on 114 votes?

User Info: jky7702

jky7702
2 months ago#45
In the west:

Cinematics, gore/violence, grafix, sex, shiny bumpmapped a******s, graphics, graphics, lip-synching, gwafikz, 4k, ray tracing, IGN review scores, sales, meta critic.

The rest of the world:

Gameplay
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
2 months ago#46
Ok, thanks to everyone who voted.

User Info: SenSx

SenSx
2 months ago#47
There are too many obvious options.
Of course everyone will pick gameplay, depth, balance...
It would be more interresting to have to chose between solo content or online.

But I think online is always more important in a multiplayer game, before they even try to add story mode and more.
Well NRS finally managed to make it good so who cares, solo content is now a nice bonus.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Majarubi

Majarubi
2 months ago#48
Roster and Gameplay for me. If there aren't at least 3-4 characters in a fighting game I care for even in an update/sequel, I will not remotely buy it. I really don't care for online modes at all but enjoy offline tournaments/versus/arcade/tower/even the rare minigame modes a lot.
Best Genre: RPG
Best FF: IV=VI=VIII>X=XIII/XIII-2>VII=IX> VIICC=DoC>XIV>LR=X-2>XII>XI>Type0> CC=MQ>V>I=III>XV>II

User Info: CrossboneGundam

CrossboneGundam
2 months ago#49
jky7702 posted...
Graphics
Gore/Violence
Sex appeal
Cinematics
Progression System
Lip Synching
Game modes
SP content

Thats the cold truth of it. In the west at least, injustice 2 got 10/10 scores from all western publications and won goty.

Gameplay is irrelevant. An outdated concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8VJTIE4Bik
Maybe idk... spiderman?

User Info: Dark_Despair

Dark_Despair
2 months ago#50
shin_mcgoo posted...
Krow_Incarnate posted...
Roster

The key to any game is making me give a f*** about it in the first place. If there isn't a character I look at and go, "Wow, I want to play them!" then I don't give a f*** about the game.

Period.

I agree. Would anyone buy MK11 if it had an all-new roster? Would the Smash franchise exist today if Smash 64 had all original characters? No and no.

Yes it's called Injustice 2. Hyperbole aside do you really not believe a single person would she'll out money for a MK engine game that starred Horror movie icons? The roster isn't the draw anymore and hasn't been for awhile now.
PSN Gamer Tag: Murciealago229
Currently Playing: God of War, The Crew 2 and Spider-Man.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. What's the most important thing in a fighting game?