You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. What's the most important thing in a fighting game?

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
4 months ago#1
What's the most important thing in a fighting game?

I know you need a combination of factors, but which one quality would you pick as the most important?

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
4 months ago#2
Gameplay

If it’s not fun to play i don’t care how good the graphics are, how many characters it has, or how much content, etc...

And if it is fun to play i can excuse some of the issues with it, while recognizing there are things that i will look forward to being changed or improved for a potential sequel
I think if we spent the time we spent thinking about not spending money and spent that time on spending money, then itd be time well spent.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
4 months ago#3
Immediacy of gameplay. There are too many fighting games out to want to focus on one that you just can't have fun playing, at any level of play.
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.

User Info: CHROM6

CHROM6
4 months ago#4
Roster (size, variety, quality, guests)
I love girls' feet.

User Info: jky7702

jky7702
4 months ago#5
Graphics
Gore/Violence
Sex appeal
Cinematics
Progression System
Lip Synching
Game modes
SP content

Thats the cold truth of it. In the west at least, injustice 2 got 10/10 scores from all western publications and won goty.

Gameplay is irrelevant. An outdated concept.

User Info: obsolete

obsolete
4 months ago#6
Roster. I'm not going to spend 100 hours in every fighting game I touch.

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
4 months ago#7
No offense but not asking this question is the most important thing.

I'm being serious. It ALWAYS leads to bad things. Always.

Fighting games are games. Products. They need to be good overall. That doesn't happen when you start the conversation basically asking "what is it I DON'T have to do?"

User Info: StealthRUSH

StealthRUSH
4 months ago#8
Depth of gameplay, that is all.
CFN/XBL: PRINCE_H4RMING | PSN: bawitback | GGPO/FC: stealthrush
SFV: Vega/F.A.N.G | USFIV: Vega/Decapre | KOFXIV: Kyo/Kukri/King | KOF02UM: Mary/Benimaru/Kula

User Info: Lost7th

Lost7th
4 months ago#9
Remembering that your larger consumer based isn't the small handful of COMPETITIVE tournament players youtube ecelebs.

User Info: Blue_Inigo

Blue_Inigo
4 months ago#10
Lost7th posted...
Remembering that your larger consumer based isn't the small handful of COMPETITIVE tournament players youtube ecelebs.

Nor is it the people whining on the internet about who true fans are
"This is your last dance."
  1. Boards
  2. Fighting Games
  3. What's the most important thing in a fighting game?