New players...Play the objectives...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Battlefront II
  3. New players...Play the objectives...

User Info: Elderscrolls14

Elderscrolls14
4 months ago#1
I was playing g.a on kashykk and i was quite litterally the only person trying to fire ion disrupters. By the time the mtt reached its destination i had only popped off 3 ion disrupters and on top of that i was the only one firing at it. So all in all 3 percent damage...97.
Whats killing the game for me is this...people not playing the objective. It makes no sense that in a game where kda is irrelevant and there are no stats that no one is playing the objectives...in an objective based game!
This is happening way too often. I have to join and leave 3 or 4 lobbies before finding a decent game and when i do its rarely ever balanced for the exact same reason.
I could really care less about ewok mode and how its recieved, the skins and if you like them or not, whether or not we are getting han solo dlc and when we get it. These types of players are killing the game for me and i think over time this will kill the game for the day 1ers and consistent players.
Please for the love of god play the gosh darn objectives. And if you like getting kills, you get more points for...wait for it...objective kills.
Anyone else getting frustrated by this?
I heard they're reforming the dawnguard!

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
4 months ago#2
It's not just new players. Tons of people are still focused on kills. It doesn't help anything that there's no benefit of winning over losing. If there was a bonus credit reward for winning, you'd probably see more people trying.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: VaporFox

VaporFox
4 months ago#3
Xeowulf posted...
It's not just new players. Tons of people are still focused on kills. It doesn't help anything that there's no benefit of winning over losing. If there was a bonus credit reward for winning, you'd probably see more people trying.

There IS a bonus for winning now. They added that with this new update.

And to the topic creator: I feel your pain, believe me. Nothing gets under my skin faster than a match where you see the other team capturing/overriding an objective within 30 seconds of the match starting. It's like "Are you morons even TRYING to defend? So you SEE the big blue icon that says DEFEND? No? Then please go back to Call of Duty team death match kthnxbai." XD

What's both funny and pathetic is a lot of players don't seem to realize you can actually earn MORE battle points for objective-related things than you can just sitting back farming kills. There was a match the other night where I only had 10 kills the entire match, but I was SECOND PLACE. How? Because I was in a Rebel Y-Win for 80% of the match bombing the hell out of the tanks when their shields were dropped. Keep in mind, I had a higher score than someone on the other team who had +30 kills, if that tells you anything.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik

User Info: Admiral_Aegis

Admiral_Aegis
4 months ago#4
In any given multiplayer game, no matter the incentive, people just aren't going to do the objective the majority of time. Most people want to run around and kill and little else.

Yes, it's annoying be on a team that isn't doing well and they aren't contributing. But on the flip side there is a team who atleast somewhat feels that they're rocking the objective, so I chalk it up to bad luck. Afterall, the losing side is more likely to need replacements than the winning side.

Not much can be done about it unless you want to make a huge team of friends, and that comes with a whole new set of issues.

User Info: RP_Grump

RP_Grump
4 months ago#5
There IS a bonus for winning now. They added that with this new update.

What do you mean, there was always a better credit payout for the winning side. Unless you are referring to something else they may have added or changed to the winning payout.

User Info: vonVile

vonVile
4 months ago#6
They need to change the walker based games back to the way it was in BF1 with beacons. Player don't like the Ion Cannons that take longer to shoot than the walker stays open.
Guardians of the Galaxy ripped off Farscape.

User Info: thelovefist

thelovefist
4 months ago#7
TC speaks the truth.
Whenever I am in such a match, and I see 10+ recon players on my team standing at the rear sniping away and doing nothing else I try to troll them by standing in front of them and emoting.
N/A

User Info: Lionheart1019

Lionheart1019
4 months ago#8
I don't know what else Dice has to do to incentivize players to actually go for the objective. You get significant BP bonuses for doing so, more kill opportunities because that's where most players are generally going to be, games last longer and are more fun when contested, etc.

It's not like the system fails to adequately reward you. Like VaporFox, I've had many top 5 games with very low kill counts, or played as a special unit or hero for Phases 2 and 3 just by playing the objective. It's truly baffling. There's no K/D people! Kind of a big hint as to what you should be doing during a match.
I gotta say, today was a good day....

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 months ago#9
Elderscrolls14 posted...
I was playing g.a on kashykk and i was quite litterally the only person trying to fire ion disrupters. By the time the mtt reached its destination i had only popped off 3 ion disrupters and on top of that i was the only one firing at it. So all in all 3 percent damage...97.
Whats killing the game for me is this...people not playing the objective. It makes no sense that in a game where kda is irrelevant and there are no stats that no one is playing the objectives...in an objective based game!
This is happening way too often. I have to join and leave 3 or 4 lobbies before finding a decent game and when i do its rarely ever balanced for the exact same reason.
I could really care less about ewok mode and how its recieved, the skins and if you like them or not, whether or not we are getting han solo dlc and when we get it. These types of players are killing the game for me and i think over time this will kill the game for the day 1ers and consistent players.
Please for the love of god play the gosh darn objectives. And if you like getting kills, you get more points for...wait for it...objective kills.

Same thing happened to me on Naboo yesterday. It was sad being solo where the disruptors were located. When phase 1 is complete with 94% left on the enemy armor you know you're on the wrong team.

I gotta say, teams like that deserve people quitting on them because team mates are not helping. I can't take on a group of players by myself while my team sits there and does absolutely nothing. Your job is to be near the objective location. The objective location is where enemies are likely to be. If you're not there, then you're doing a very bad job and you're not contributing to the success of the team. The map clearly has a symbol that states where you should go. Do not sit back a mile away unless you're very experienced with the game and you actually know what you're doing. Do not run around mindless. Follow where that level 50 goes, and start contributing.

User Info: VaporFox

VaporFox
4 months ago#10
Hucast9 posted...
Elderscrolls14 posted...

Same thing happened to me on Naboo yesterday. It was sad being solo where the disruptors were located. When phase 1 is complete with 94% left on the enemy armor you know you're on the wrong team.

I gotta say, teams like that deserve people quitting on them because team mates are not helping. I can't take on a group of players by myself while my team sits there and does absolutely nothing. Your job is to be near the objective location. The objective location is where enemies are likely to be. If you're not there, then you're doing a very bad job and you're not contributing to the success of the team. The map clearly has a symbol that states where you should go. Do not sit back a mile away unless you're very experienced with the game and you actually know what you're doing. Do not run around mindless. Follow where that level 50 goes, and start contributing.

And even worse is when you're on that Separatist side on the Naboo map who gets to phase 2 with 100 soldiers, and you never get to phase 3 because over half your team is just digging into hallways and NEVER PUSHING UP to override the consoles.

I feel like too many players just adopt the mentality of "LOL nah my teammates will cap/defend the objectives for me, right? I'll just hang back and get my meaningless kills."

Honestly the thing that irritates me most is when people on the other team are CLEARLY trying to spawn camp the hell out of your side, but you're the ONLY ONE on your team who's trying to push the spawn campers back. You don't know how many matches on Tattooine I've seen /2/ AT-STs just sitting in the Rebel spawn obliterating people within seconds of arrival, and I was the only person using Ion turrets/grenades/blaster upgrades to deal with them.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Battlefront II
  3. New players...Play the objectives...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived