• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Battlefront II
  3. How is the offline content?
ThePikachuBandi 4 years ago#1
Is everthing unlocked or are lootboxes still involved, I'm primarily an offline/couch co-op gamer so was wondering how my experience would be affected.
gafemaqs 4 years ago#2
Campaign is short and bad and there's no Skirmish/free play mode
When I die bury me inside tha Gucci sto'.
She gotta big booty so I call her big booty.
cusical 4 years ago#3
If you prefer offline this is definitely a wait to buy.

There's a 5 hour campaign. It's good, but not amazing and not splitscreen capable.

There is Arcade, which has 6 small maps where you can do either 12v12 TDM or a Survival mode called Onslaught as either a soldier or any Hero (even locked ones online)

Arcade has splitscreen and it's not terrible, but isn't great either.

To me, the best part of this game so far is Starfighter Assault online and you can't play that offline splitscreen. There are some Space Battles in the campaign, but it's not the same
Videogames are an arrow in my knee - Skyrim & Super Smash Bros (6)4eva
PSN: CurbUrSkyrImC4
vivi21 4 years ago#4
It doesn't seem all that impressive from what I've seen/heard, I'm just gonna wait to see if the add Skirmish like Battlefront 2015 had.
It just isn't a Bethesda game if it doesn't corrupt my savefile.
ThePikachuBandi 4 years ago#5
cusical posted...
If you prefer offline this is definitely a wait to buy.

There's a 5 hour campaign. It's good, but not amazing and not splitscreen capable.

There is Arcade, which has 6 small maps where you can do either 12v12 TDM or a Survival mode called Onslaught as either a soldier or any Hero (even locked ones online)

Arcade has splitscreen and it's not terrible, but isn't great either.

To me, the best part of this game so far is Starfighter Assault online and you can't play that offline splitscreen. There are some Space Battles in the campaign, but it's not the same

Thanks for the breakdown will definetly wait for a patch
burdi1ar 4 years ago#6
vivi21 posted...
It doesn't seem all that impressive from what I've seen/heard, I'm just gonna wait to see if the add Skirmish like Battlefront 2015 had.

Yea I'm still blown away after they added Skirmish to the last game (which actually prompted me to then buy the game and season pass) and then leave it out of this one. I know rumors are they'll add it to this one but since the last Skirmish was made by like 1 or 2 people, how about u have it at launch for bf2?
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert
vivi21 4 years ago#7
burdi1ar posted...
vivi21 posted...

Yea I'm still blown away after they added Skirmish to the last game (which actually prompted me to then buy the game and season pass) and then leave it out of this one. I know rumors are they'll add it to this one but since the last Skirmish was made by like 1 or 2 people, how about u have it at launch for bf2?

Does Skirmish work on the DLC maps?
It just isn't a Bethesda game if it doesn't corrupt my savefile.
MAthrilla 4 years ago#8
Gameplay aside, I was very impressed with the voice acting quality. 10/10,definitely worth a YouTube watch.
bipartisangamer 4 years ago#9
vivi21 posted...
burdi1ar posted...
vivi21 posted...

Does Skirmish work on the DLC maps?

no. you cant take the maps with you offline anyway.
bipartisangamer 4 years ago#10
burdi1ar posted...
vivi21 posted...

thier priorities were on monetizing their progression system and they cant be bothered to add something in that wouldnt bring more potential profits for them.

the community blasted them last game for not having skirmish, i assume the same will happen here.

it would be a sign of good faith if they implemented skirmish a lot sooner now that their money pit has been delayed.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Battlefront II
  3. How is the offline content?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A