• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Shadowkeep VS Iceborne
The problem is Iceborne is an actual expansion with a ton of content and new enemies while Shadowkeep is not...

I hoped that Shadowkeep would have been like Iceborne as far as an expansion.
Warning: I have a different views about stuff so try not to get worked up. OK?

User Info: Raniok

Raniok
4 weeks ago#12
Iceborne is sooo much better and you don't have to pay for good looking cosmetics.
*smokebomb

User Info: shyahone

shyahone
4 weeks ago#13
iceborn

User Info: CheaterMcCheat

CheaterMcCheat
4 weeks ago#14
Grt Iceborne and hunt with me

User Info: R_Fated_Circle

R_Fated_Circle
4 weeks ago#15
Ice borne is the better expansion
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

User Info: RobertWuzHere

RobertWuzHere
4 weeks ago#16
My vote goes to shadowkeep. Iceborne has too much filler. It's endgame content yet you are STILL forced to watch cutscenes (aka unskippable cutscenes) and you still have other artificial padding like collecting elder dragon footprints not to mention very much bloated hunt times due to master rank monsters being complete damage sponges. The new end game activity "guided lands" is the only way to fight Yian Garuga, Zinogre, Silver Rathlos, Gold Rathian, etc. and i assume Rajang as well. A lot of the "new content" from Iceborne are reskined MHW monsters or adding in old monsters which have to be nerfed to fit into MHW's system. If you are new to MH then this will all be "new" to you but if you played previous games your mileage will vary.

...and I'm saying this as a seasoned decade long MH fanboy. MHW/Iceborne has too much hand holding, artificial padding of content and doesn't respect the player's time via unskippable cutscenes. Coming to Shadowkeep was refreshing because i can actually play with my friends regardless of how far they are in the story (unlike iceborne) and i can upgrade my New Monarchy armor/weapons by doing daily bounties which gives me an incentive to play daily/weekly. Chasing powerful engrams by doing various activities of the game like crucible, gambit, strikes, etc. allows me to level up at my own pace. I've had more playtime in Shadowkeep than Iceborne...and I say this as someone who was always critical of Destiny and abandoned Destiny 2 the first week of release with the faction wars and genuinely had buyer's remorse.

User Info: Raniok

Raniok
4 weeks ago#17
My vote goes to shadowkeep. Iceborne has too much filler. It's endgame content yet you are STILL forced to watch cutscenes (aka unskippable cutscenes) and you still have other artificial padding like collecting elder dragon footprints not to mention very much bloated hunt times due to master rank monsters being complete damage sponges. The new end game activity "guided lands" is the only way to fight Yian Garuga, Zinogre, Silver Rathlos, Gold Rathian, etc. and i assume Rajang as well. A lot of the "new content" from Iceborne are reskined MHW monsters or adding in old monsters which have to be nerfed to fit into MHW's system. If you are new to MH then this will all be "new" to you but if you played previous games your mileage will vary.

Monsters go down much more quickly compared to HR IMO. Your power output is incredible with Master Rank gear. Builds are more diversified and the elder dragon footprint gathering only happens once (for Velhkana) I think. I can't remember clearly though. I always disliked that part too in MHW, but it isn't anywhere as bad as base MHW was. That was dreaaaaadful.

You don't only fight those monsters you listed in the guiding lands. They all get investigations, so I don't know where you're getting your info. The only place where your MR level limits your coop is if you are higher rank than your friends for Guiding Lands. 25 / 50 / 75 / 100, and once you break 100 the whole game opens up. Even if you are higher rank, you can join their guiding lands. They just can't join yours. What is the issue??

The main reason to do guiding lands is for augmenting your weapons and building the highest level charms. Also after the October update, yow you can now build old LR/HR armor as Layered Armor from playing Guiding Lands.

Honestly, unless you hate the clutch claw - MHW Iceborne should be right up your alley.

I don't know what cutscenes youre talking about that are unskippable. They all are skippable, if you are farming Shara with your friends, maybe they arent skipping the cutscene?

The cutscenes are so short though.. lol
*smokebomb

User Info: RobertWuzHere

RobertWuzHere
4 weeks ago#18
First the elder dragon footprint gathering happens 3 times in Iceborne's story. Second all assigned missions have 100% unskippable cutscenes. So each time a new monster is introduced you are required to see it, whenever the plot wants to advance you have to watch the character talk, etc. It's bad enough for single player but for co-op you literally have to jump though hoops to play with your friends. As you and your friend(s) must all start the mission, watch the cutscene then abandon your quest, sit through a loading screen, join your friend's quest then sit through the loading screen ON EVERY STORY MISSION WITH A CUTSCENE to advance the story together.

If that sounds tedious it's because it is. That's best case scenario too with everyone there to do it together. In reality you will help one friend with the story then a couple more will log on hours later after they get off work and be like "I need help with the story" so, if you want to play with your friends, you will have to stop and wait at the quest board until your friend says they watched the cut-scene so you can join.Let's say we take 6 players from a raid party and you potentially have to do that 2-5 times pretty much halting your progress in the story. . Especially when trying to schedule time between several adults who work full time, have families, etc. When you get like a couple of hours to play and a noticeable chunk is unskippable cutscenes THAT'S an issue.

The monsters I listed are unlocked via leveling up the guiding lands (unlocked by beating the final boss thus technically MR locked which limits co-op) You can either personally unlock then otherwise you have to sit at the quest board and keep refreshing the list HOPING someone posts an investigation for you to join. Then you have to HOPE that you complete the quest then HOPE you unlocked an investigation with the monster you want to farm or try to capture the monster to unlock it's optional special arena quest. Again, that's an issue. Hell I'd argue the main reason people even bother touching guided lands is to fight fan favorite monsters like Zinogre.

This is something everyone in my group said when we started shadowkeep...at different times because we bought it on different days and was able to play together almost immediately AND skip cutscenes. Shadowkeep gave the freedom for players to blow threw it's content while Iceborne places arbitrary limits on the players along with fluff to pad out game time

User Info: Smogal

Smogal
4 weeks ago#19
Iceborne, by far.

Shadowkeep is less an expansion and more of a general update if you're not including the, what, 5 hour story that's added.
I'll trigger you.

User Info: nufrancis

nufrancis
4 weeks ago#20
I play MHW last year, but after 6 months I got bored. The content is not much. Everytime theres new content I can finish it in 3-4 hours. After MHW I switched to Destiny 2 when Bungie release Forsaken. Play it for free and it didnt take long for me to buy the DLC. Here I am now still playing D2 and completely dropped MHW :D

If you have A LOT of playing time, grinding (MHW grind and RNG is nothing compared to D2), FPS, Sci-fi Fantasy, PvP I suggest you play D2
PSN: raulshcalke07
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Shadowkeep VS Iceborne
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers

Would anyone like to run some raids ? Main Quest1 Answer
Can Shadowkeep not be gameshared? Tech Support3 Answers
Anyone know the real numbers of Destiny 2 Data usage? Tech Support2 Answers
Crucible? General3 Answers
How to get the Drang? Side Quest3 Answers