• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Should Bungie remove light advantage in Iron Banner?

User Info: Slinky826

Slinky826
4 weeks ago#21
IB is an end game event, LL advantage should stay.
God did not create Man in his image, for it was Man who created God in his.
12-15 2001-2018: 17 years of GameFAQs!

User Info: Rhinomaster22

Rhinomaster22
4 weeks ago#22
BarbatosLupsRex posted...
They should increase it more so people above you hit you harder

It’s nice to know that the poll helps me root out the people with a competitive knee jerk reaction. Always assuming that people hate certain systems and not realizing that what they are saying also affects themselves.

Almost everyone except yourself focused on their opinion.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: joker120

joker120
4 weeks ago#23
Honestly I barely notice the difference when i joined in the 850s. I managed to complete the quests and bounties in 2 session that were maybe like 4 hours each.
3DS FC: 4124-5399-8900

User Info: DeliveryDude

DeliveryDude
4 weeks ago#24
BarbatosLupsRex posted...
They should increase it more so people above you hit you harder

i actually want this.

back when i heard of LL advantage in D1 i almost s*** my pants because i assumed light level 30 players would completely obliterate me in like 2 shots.

come to find out the advantage is very minimal.

i was sad, i'd prefer real advantage, let the high level players rule the iron banner,and if you are brave enough to enter at a low level be prepared to accept the consequences

User Info: Smogal

Smogal
4 weeks ago#25
AffinityArcher posted...
Why though? The difference is very minimal. Didn't have a hard time in PvP when I made a 100% fresh out the dirt warlock before free to play shift

No the f*** it isn't. Why are people saying this? Just a 30 difference in power will get you f***ed up. If someone is 950 and you're 915, it'll take two hits to kill them with an arc-staff light melee. Imagine that difference with something that isn't a Super.

Anyway, I think they should think of a new mechanic. I don't think "it'll just be like normal PVP" is a good argument. If something isn't working or isn't enjoyable, then you should work to make it better, not to say that's how you guys feel, but "it'll be the same" doesn't seem like a valid response. You don't have to remove this mechanic without making it different from regular Control. You already have locked zones when you have a power play anyway, so it wouldn't be.

Iron Banner, as it is, is kind of nonsensical. If everyone is at their fullest potential, it's the same as regular PVP. If you're at your highest power and your opponent isn't, then you have the advantage, and vice versa. Why is automatically having an automatic advantage or disadvantage that is unchangeable a fun mechanic? It isn't, IMO. Steamrolling people here and there because they're so low isn't fun to me, nor is getting steamrolled.
I'll trigger you.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: AyooRyan

AyooRyan
4 weeks ago#26
Would defeat the whole purpose.

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
4 weeks ago#27
welcome to iron bannana y1.

when the level advantages actually were disabled.

safe to say they aren't going back.

bungie going full hardcore with destiny....
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: C16

C16
4 weeks ago#28
BravesCountry posted...
Remove it. Iron Banner is terrible like the rest of the crucible. The game is boring enough to waste time grinding to 950. Let me just play IB without being in a disadvantage. It is not like people don't get enough of an advantage hand holding and using titans.

Also, remove bounties that force people to use specific weapon types.

Why are you at a disadvantage? Why are you playing activities that you're not ready for? Why are you complaining about bounties that require common weapon types most people use?

The world may never find out.

User Info: BravesCountry

BravesCountry
4 weeks ago#29
C16 posted...
BravesCountry posted...
Remove it. Iron Banner is terrible like the rest of the crucible. The game is boring enough to waste time grinding to 950. Let me just play IB without being in a disadvantage. It is not like people don't get enough of an advantage hand holding and using titans.

Why are you at a disadvantage? Why are you playing activities that you're not ready for? Why are you complaining about bounties that require common weapon types most people use?

Activities I'm not ready for? You mean like skip the first banner just because I didn't play destiny for 24 hours a day since the DLC release or want to grind boring repetitive missions?

Regarding the bounty, I'm referring to the scout pinnacle. Please don't give me **** like, we are grinding a scout so you must use a scout. This is pure BS and just a way for bungie to force a short term meta with the new release.
I notice people love it when I blast Metal because they throw rocks at my window. I think they are trying to break it, so they can hear the music better.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: OllyRoger

OllyRoger
4 weeks ago#30
BravesCountry posted...
C16 posted...
BravesCountry posted...

Activities I'm not ready for? You mean like skip the first banner just because I didn't play destiny for 24 hours a day since the DLC release or want to grind boring repetitive missions?

Regarding the bounty, I'm referring to the scout pinnacle. Please don't give me **** like, we are grinding a scout so you must use a scout. This is pure BS and just a way for bungie to force a short term meta with the new release.

Ahem...

BravesCountry posted...
Guess what though? You still bought this garbage like many others.
Just the John Cena theme. Over and over. Forever.
(PSN: OllyRoger)
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Should Bungie remove light advantage in Iron Banner?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers

Can Shadowkeep not be gameshared? Tech Support3 Answers
Anyone know the real numbers of Destiny 2 Data usage? Tech Support2 Answers
Crucible? General3 Answers
How to get the Drang? Side Quest3 Answers
Please help us out with a clan name? General4 Answers