• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. How's the game after the expansion?

User Info: mustain2121

mustain2121
1 month ago#1
I got the season pass that included the drifter story and all that but just lost interest after playing until halfway through the second DLC of last season. I want to come back if it's worth it so hopefully some of you can provide some insight. Thanks in advance
PSN: mustain21
"Chickens used to rule the earth eighty years ago when dinosaurs roamed Mexico" - Guacamelee 2.

User Info: Dryheave999

Dryheave999
1 month ago#2
Best it’s ever been. PvE combat is improved, pvp matchmaking is improved, the story is unfolding over time and the world is changing with it. I’ve been playing since the beginning and this is the most coherent Bungie’s been with story telling and world building. I’m excited
"on than this day are or said to add content a great pain, but is other then in play" - englishman88

User Info: BravesCountry

BravesCountry
1 month ago#3
Garbage!
I notice people love it when I blast Metal because they throw rocks at my window. I think they are trying to break it, so they can hear the music better.

User Info: BarbatosLupsRex

BarbatosLupsRex
1 month ago#4
BravesCountry posted...
Garbage!

I agree most of the content is bad. After the boring campaign theres very little to do. The raid is meh very easy, the hard nightfall isnt challenging as its just gear check, and vex offensive isnt fun at all.

User Info: BravesCountry

BravesCountry
4 weeks ago#5
The problem with the content is it is boring. You beat it once and their is no point of playing in again. "But what about max level?"

Who cares about max level?!

PVP is still garbage. Hand holding still too strong and classes still unbalanced.

Oh and the fact that their answer to no new supers are finishing moves, goes to show how terrible this company is. Honestly, wish I could get my money back for this garbage.
I notice people love it when I blast Metal because they throw rocks at my window. I think they are trying to break it, so they can hear the music better.

User Info: Raverbasher

Raverbasher
4 weeks ago#6
It's turned into Destiny 2: The Bounties.

You just have to grind bounties all the time to get powerful gear and level up the seasonal exp bar.

The story is ok, but it seems to have been extended by long grinds. Whereas Forsaken seemed long due to content, areas and the story, any length in Shadowkeep seems artificial due to grinds. In addition "new" areas just have reused assets.

The Vex Offensive is dependant on other players finishing public events and then sticking around. This has been a problem for me because despite having tens to hundreds of thousands of con-current players the Moon is quite often empty with nobody doing public events.

The new exotics are nothing to write home about with no original content, just more grinds.

If I want to log in to have fun I find myself doing Menagerie, Zero Hour with blueberries, Crucible, Gambit... Basically all of the old content with my old weapons.

This expac mainly seems to have focused on fundamentals such as armor 2.0, the new UI and access to content, and how to make it ftp friendly. Therefore all of the positive changes can be accessed as a ftp player.

As such I'd give this season a hard pass and see if they can improve on content in the next season.
Our greatest glory is not in never trolling; but in rising every time we troll - Confucius, 0 AD.

mustain2121
4 weeks ago#7
Raverbasher posted...

You just have to grind bounties all the time to get powerful gear and level up the seasonal exp bar.

The story is ok, but it seems to have been extended by long grinds. Whereas Forsaken seemed long due to content, areas and the story, any length in Shadowkeep seems artificial due to grinds. In addition "new" areas just have reused assets.

The Vex Offensive is dependant on other players finishing public events and then sticking around. This has been a problem for me because despite having tens to hundreds of thousands of con-current players the Moon is quite often empty with nobody doing public events.

The new exotics are nothing to write home about with no original content, just more grinds.

If I want to log in to have fun I find myself doing Menagerie, Zero Hour with blueberries, Crucible, Gambit... Basically all of the old content with my old weapons.

This expac mainly seems to have focused on fundamentals such as armor 2.0, the new UI and access to content, and how to make it ftp friendly. Therefore all of the positive changes can be accessed as a ftp player.

As such I'd give this season a hard pass and see if they can improve on content in the next season.

Interesting take. Thanks for the feedback.

I purchased MHW: Iceborne instead. Having a ton of fun with it. I'll revisit D2 if next season fixes some of the grinding. Unfortunately, my biggest issue with D2 is that the grinding always feels tedious. Never fun. I'll pass on this...for now.
"Chickens used to rule the earth eighty years ago when dinosaurs roamed Mexico" - Guacamelee 2.

User Info: kitsunisan

kitsunisan
4 weeks ago#8
mustain2121 posted...
Raverbasher posted...

Interesting take. Thanks for the feedback.

I purchased MHW: Iceborne instead... I'll revisit D2 if next season fixes some of the grinding

...plays MHW, says another game has too much grinding. Let's let that sink in a minute. Don't get me wrong, I loved MHW, but killing the same monster time and again for a miniscule chance at getting the gem you need, plus the even smaller chance of getting an attack gem to drop killed it for me after a couple of months.

User Info: Natural510

Natural510
4 weeks ago#9
If I buy the Shadowkeep expansion sold on PS Store for $60, do I get access to the older content like Forsaken as well? I never went further than the base game since it felt like a repeat of the first vanilla game.

mustain2121
4 weeks ago#10
kitsunisan posted...
...plays MHW, says another game has too much grinding. Let's let that sink in a minute. Don't get me wrong, I loved MHW, but killing the same monster time and again for a miniscule chance at getting the gem you need, plus the even smaller chance of getting an attack gem to drop killed it for me after a couple of months.

I said the grinding isn't fun in D2. Let THAT sink in.

Iceborne has so far been less of a grind fest than the base game and I'm enjoying it very much. I'm very satisfied with it so far. I'll still eventually go back to D2 but the fact that I bought last season pass and played less than 25% has got me very cautious of the new expansion.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. How's the game after the expansion?
  • Topic Archived