• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Bungie absolutely s*** the bed with their latest comp change

User Info: RedWhiteBlue

RedWhiteBlue
4 weeks ago#1
They messed with something else beyond trying to keep new players from fighting seasoned ones. They actually made it worse, and it affects everyone. This is for both regular and freelance comp, and in regards to the latest hotfix for matchmaking.

Lots of people on reddit and the forums have been reporting and gathering data, comparing it to DestinyTracker global stats and current season stats, etc. Results are that there is very likely no longer a rank separation, and it's also not based on glory points. Apparently this is a bug but Bungie is laying low and considering a fix once the next season hits. The irony of it all if that low skill players are being teamed with other low skilled players, while high skilled players are being matched with other high skilled players, very little variation in between. Most people in the lower end experiencing as much as 20+ losses in a row. There's a theory that the current bugged algorithm means to balance the teams as a safe guard against any bugs, but that it too bugged out and keeps this major divide.

This explains the massive surge of sweat fests that low skill players are experiencing, even though the skill levels are lightyears apart. Massive loss streaks, many people who have reached fabled as early as redrix's claymore are stuck at 0 glory now.

Pretty annoying honestly. I was at 4800 a few days ago, came back and haven't won a single match. Dropped to 3700. Freelance. About half of my games I was put up against Not Forgotten and unbroken players. Outside of that, most enemy teams were composed of players skilled enough to solo my entire team. Before this hotfix the matches were actually challenging, balanced, fun, not a stomp fest, each action I made had a real impact in the outcome of each match, etc. It felt like a real competition. Not anymore.

What are your experiences?

User Info: nickeldreadful

nickeldreadful
4 weeks ago#2
So wait, you think yoou should be in mythic but not have to play mythic players?

User Info: DXMG

DXMG
4 weeks ago#3
I did the 2100 for Randy's this weekend, had very even matches overall.

User Info: kbe2k2

kbe2k2
4 weeks ago#4
That might explain what happened *last night when facing the same person five games in a row who stomped everyone so much so his own team mates couldn't even get kills, was basically soloing, it might have kept going past five games but I said enough of that for tonight.

I mean how is it even possible that I faced this person five times in a row are so few people playing comp and shouldn't they have ranked or if the system worked been placed in a higher skill pool.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: ninebreaker47

ninebreaker47
4 weeks ago#5
I dont know what they did, feels like theres zero matchmaking systems in place. Its easy mode when your at high rank rn. If your decent at pvp and wanna go to legend nows the easiest time to do it i think. Get it while it lasts. :P
Psn Niinebreaker

User Info: QuBix

QuBix
4 weeks ago#6
TC is only crying because he went from 4800 to 3700 Glory. What did you except? Not to play skilled players at that level?
XBLive Tag: QuBics
PSN Tag: QuBix

User Info: C16

C16
4 weeks ago#7
why game not let me play bad players only

User Info: RedWhiteBlue

RedWhiteBlue
4 weeks ago#8
nickeldreadful posted...
So wait, you think yoou should be in mythic but not have to play mythic players?

QuBix posted...
TC is only crying because he went from 4800 to 3700 Glory. What did you except? Not to play skilled players at that level?

C16 posted...

I'm not facing players within my skill range. When first time New Light players match up with unbroken max glory gods, there's something wrong. Bungie has stated their goal for competitive is not to simply use a trials formula (best of the best at the top, crap at the bottom) but to challenge players by pinning them against an equal challenge. The whole point of competitive is to make you improve as a player. For pretty much everyone on this board, we won't improve fighting new fps players, and we won't improve by fighting some 50+ glory winning streak solo blind handcuffed Crucible God 0:4 score.

The new matchmaking is broken. Literally. Pointing that out isn't whining. When I suddenly drop a massive amount of points I know something is wrong and it's beyond me. I enjoyed the correct matchmaking as I actually was challenged and ended up learning how to better run from, rush and flank teams, something I could never figure out before because of skill imbalances in previous seasons.

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
4 weeks ago#9
RedWhiteBlue posted...
nickeldreadful posted...

QuBix posted...

C16 posted...

I'm not facing players within my skill range. When first time New Light players match up with unbroken max glory gods, there's something wrong. Bungie has stated their goal for competitive is not to simply use a trials formula (best of the best at the top, crap at the bottom) but to challenge players by pinning them against an equal challenge. The whole point of competitive is to make you improve as a player. For pretty much everyone on this board, we won't improve fighting new fps players, and we won't improve by fighting some 50+ glory winning streak solo blind handcuffed Crucible God 0:4 score.

The new matchmaking is broken. Literally. Pointing that out isn't whining. When I suddenly drop a massive amount of points I know something is wrong and it's beyond me. I enjoyed the correct matchmaking as I actually was challenged and ended up learning how to better run from, rush and flank teams, something I could never figure out before because of skill imbalances in previous seasons.

You aren't some "New Light" player though. Or at least you have been around here since the beginning, posting from time to time.....

Dunno, I haven't been in comp yet. too much PvE to do atm so I haven't had time to try it myself so I can't speak to the new MM system which I kinda figured would suck.
In the future both men and women will go to the gynecologist. But only women will be getting their moneys worth
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: Exile71186

Exile71186
4 weeks ago#10
Matchmaking seems fine to me.. newer player.. I reached fabled.. and have been going from fabled 1-2 back and forth. Every game seems to be a challenge as it should be.. my current skill level is that of a fabled player, I'm not a mythic player..

Being 4800 glory, you should be playing against the best players.. sorry that you think you shouldn't be...
1+ 1 = 2
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Bungie absolutely s*** the bed with their latest comp change
  • Post New Message