• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. I don't want I jinx it.... but I think crucible is good again...

User Info: The_High

The_High
4 weeks ago#1
As in D1 at its peak good.

I nearly tossed my controller when I saw how long the grind was going to be for Thorn... but I'm actually digging this again...

Everything seems to actually just work. Weapons and abilities and everything. Some grenades are still weak and hunter knife headshots still aren't a kill... but I gave up those dreams long ago.
"We must be very careful what we pretend to be, because we are what we pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut

User Info: hennethannun

hennethannun
4 weeks ago#2
The_High posted...

I nearly tossed my controller when I saw how long the grind was going to be for Thorn... but I'm actually digging this again...

Everything seems to actually just work. Weapons and abilities and everything. Some grenades are still weak and hunter knife headshots still aren't a kill... but I gave up those dreams long ago.

I believe the official position of the tryhards is that sbmm sucks and the crucible is terrible. They also seem grumpy about many more people hitting 2100, making the pinnacle weapons more available.

User Info: banone779

banone779
4 weeks ago#3
The grind for Last Word is worse than Thorn.
Simon Says......Bleed.

User Info: hennethannun

hennethannun
4 weeks ago#4
banone779 posted...
The grind for Last Word is worse than Thorn.

I just did the in the background over months (only got the weapon last month) so I didn't notice it at all. How bad is it compared to d1?

User Info: LacedaemonX

LacedaemonX
4 weeks ago#5
hennethannun posted...
I believe the official position of the tryhards is that sbmm sucks and the crucible is terrible. They also seem grumpy about many more people hitting 2100, making the pinnacle weapons more available.

Sbmm does kinda suck for general modes. I understand the implementation in comp and even IB. But just for the “ modes it’s just not fun. That being said, since they implemented the matchmaking changes at the beginning of shadowkeep, and even after they updated it a few days ago my games have been too easy. Either the game things I suck, or bungies matchmaking still needs a lot of work when it comes to skill based stuff

User Info: ZenMeteor

ZenMeteor
4 weeks ago#6
hennethannun posted...
The_High posted...

You sure have a habit of pulling random “facts” out of your ass, don’t you?

The problem with sbmm isn’t people getting weapons. (Which people getting the weapons has nothing to do with sbmm, it has to do with the massive amount of glory you gain after a minor streak, which wasn’t the case before.) I’m glad more people will have access to them.

The problems with sbmm seem to go far above gfaqs users heads. They never get the point when it’s explained to them why it’s bad.

User Info: JKeezy85

JKeezy85
4 weeks ago#7
ZenMeteor posted...
You sure have a habit of pulling random “facts” out of your ass, don’t you?

The problem with sbmm isn’t people getting weapons. (Which people getting the weapons has nothing to do with sbmm, it has to do with the massive amount of glory you gain after a minor streak, which wasn’t the case before.) I’m glad more people will have access to them.

The problems with sbmm seem to go far above gfaqs users heads. They never get the point when it’s explained to them why it’s bad.
SBMM was something that needed to happen because of the way the community was playing the game. Quickplay was a bigger sweatfest than comp and that should not be a thing.

Most of the the complaints I've heard about SBMM are bulls***. The only legit one is that it can lead to some laggy matches; but that's not because of SBMM, it's because for whatever stupid reason Bungie insists on using P2P in the year of our Lord two thousand and nineteen instead of joining the 21st century and using dedicated servers.
John Kirkwood March 13th, 1951-May 7th, 2010. God rest your soul, Dad.

User Info: ZenMeteor

ZenMeteor
4 weeks ago#8
Quickplay is still a bigger sweatfest than comp though

User Info: JKeezy85

JKeezy85
4 weeks ago#9
ZenMeteor posted...
Quickplay is still a bigger sweatfest than comp though
Technically it doesn't exist anymore. There's classic mix for 6v6 CBMM, but you can play 6v6 control with SBMM now. As well as a weekly 6v6 rotator.
John Kirkwood March 13th, 1951-May 7th, 2010. God rest your soul, Dad.

User Info: darkmoonwolf

darkmoonwolf
4 weeks ago#10
Crucible still bad...still too much secondary spam.green ammo box need to return
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. I don't want I jinx it.... but I think crucible is good again...
  • Topic Archived