• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Can I visit the moon without purchasing Shadowkeep? Destiny 2: Shadowkeep

User Info: dreamsteel

dreamsteel
4 weeks ago#1
So I have the Foresaken edition and upgraded with the new Shadowkeep (did not purchase shadowkeep) and get a weird message when trying to go to the moon. I was under the impression that you could go free roam there without purchasing the dlc but maybe not? If not, then I deleted all my Foresaken story progress for nothing....

User Info: MetaIGearRex

MetaIGearRex
4 weeks ago#2
You can. And it makes you do the very first shadowkeep mission
I'm an ass. Try not to take it personally.

dreamsteel
4 weeks ago#3
I keep getting some message that the area is unavailable to players.MetaIGearRex posted...
You can. And it makes you do the very first shadowkeep mission

Hm, I keep getting some message that the area is unavailable to players.

User Info: Sephiroth0327

Sephiroth0327
4 weeks ago#4
Can you upload a picture of what you are seeing? Even New Light players who never bought Forsaken can access the Moon. Maybe try going to the Tower and making sure to talk to everyone, though I didn't think that was necessary. Make sure to talk to Amanda and if there's anything related to Shadowkeep, pick it up

You are 750 correct? I've seen some issues where if you have the original Y1 starting weapons equipped, it messes with your level and lets you go under 750
PSN: Sephiroth0327

MetaIGearRex
4 weeks ago#5
I'm not sure how all that stuff works, its confusing. You might have to talk to Amanda Holliday in the tower hanger bay.

dreamsteel
4 weeks ago#6
I spoke to Amanda and saw that she offered the option to restart the 3 original dlc stories and then I went to Tangled Shores to restart Foresaken and after that I tried again to go to the moon and got the message that "This area is unavailable to players". I am at 750+ light and there are no active prompts at the tower. So weird.

MetaIGearRex
4 weeks ago#7
I know you can do it. My friend did it a couple days ago. He didn't have forsaken or shadowkeep.

User Info: Sephiroth0327

Sephiroth0327
4 weeks ago#8
Try posting over on Reddit along with a screenshot or video of what you see when you hover over the Moon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/
PSN: Sephiroth0327

User Info: Noisette

Noisette
4 weeks ago#9
You have to be 780 to enter the moon if you don't own shadowkeep it says so before you launch it.

dreamsteel
4 weeks ago#10
Noisette posted...
You have to be 780 to enter the moon if you don't own shadowkeep it says so before you launch it.

Ah, I did see that but also I believe it says suggested level 760? Idk. I'll go grind and come back at level 780.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Can I visit the moon without purchasing Shadowkeep? Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
  • Topic Archived