• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. What are some activities I can chase?

User Info: alpacino1983

alpacino1983
1 week ago#1
I've finished all 3 campaigns in New Light, and was wondering what are some things I can pursue now. I know I can do strikes/public events any time, but are there any activities that require time and/or a grind to pursue specific rewards? Thanks a lot.
"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar".

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
1 week ago#2
Prophecy weapons in CoO and Escalation Protocol weapons and armor in Warmind are the firs that come to mind.

then I guess there are a few nightfall specific guns you can grind for. But I'm not sure how that works now or if you even have access to NF strikes.
In the future both men and women will go to the gynecologist. But only women will be getting their moneys worth
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: MSUSpartan117

MSUSpartan117
1 week ago#3
Tons of things to chase and grind for if you just started.

Personally, I would prioritize getting the Recluse first as it is stupidly overpowered in PvE, even after the nerf.

Then I would probably try to get a shotgun with trench barrel either from Escalation protocol, menagerie, or the raid. (EP I think is the only activity in new light that’s free so there’s that)

Then I would start grinding out the various exotic quests you have access to. Start building up that exotic collection.

Should keep you busy for a bit
87% of statistics are made up on the spot

User Info: hennethannun

hennethannun
1 week ago#4
Prophecy weapons are pretty good.

And the escalation protocol weapons are all very good (especially the shotty, which is year 1 meta).

Also, Raids! You can lfg for someone to teach you the leviathan raids and raid lairs. Midnight coup and innaugural address are both still very very good weapons, even though they can use year 2 mods.

And finally, there are a few Y1 exotic quests that you can grind out, like mida, rat king, and acrius.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: alpacino1983

alpacino1983
1 week ago#5
MSUSpartan117 posted...

Personally, I would prioritize getting the Recluse first as it is stupidly overpowered in PvE, even after the nerf.

Then I would probably try to get a shotgun with trench barrel either from Escalation protocol, menagerie, or the raid. (EP I think is the only activity in new light that’s free so there’s that)

Then I would start grinding out the various exotic quests you have access to. Start building up that exotic collection.

Thanks, this is the sort of stuff I was looking for. Do I already have exotic quests or do I grab them from somewhere. Also, I hear something about forges, are they activities worth doing?
"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar".
(edited 1 week ago)

hennethannun
1 week ago#6
alpacino1983 posted...
MSUSpartan117 posted...

Thanks, this is the sort of stuff I was looking for. Do I already have exotic quests or do I grab them from somewhere. Also, I hear something about forges, are they activities worth doing?

Hmm, rat king and mida come as part of the world quest lines for Titan and nessus respectively. Acrius is the leviathan raid weapon, so you need to beat that raid once to get the quest started.

Forges were part of the black armory dlc from year 2, so I don't know if they are part of new light. But if they are available, grind yourself a good hammerhead and blast furnace immediately (kindled orchid is also solid).
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MSUSpartan117

MSUSpartan117
1 week ago#7
alpacino1983 posted...
MSUSpartan117 posted...

Not sure how new light works with year 1 exotic quests though most are given by NPCs and some just drop in the wild. You probably have some sitting in your quests already and you just don’t know they are exotic quests.

The forges, once unlocked, let you control what specific legendary weapon you want to craft with random rolls from forge specific weapons. Let’s you keep trying ad infinum until you get the drop you want. Some of the standouts include the pulse rifle (blast furnace), hand cannon (kindled orchid), and the sniper (Tartaras gaze).

Forges also are the only place where some exotics can drop like Jotunn and the bow, forgot the name, and has an exotic quest for Iznagis burden, one of the most powerful snipers
87% of statistics are made up on the spot

User Info: rajin_donuts

rajin_donuts
1 week ago#8
alpacino1983 posted...
I've finished all 3 campaigns in New Light, and was wondering what are some things I can pursue now. I know I can do strikes/public events any time, but are there any activities that require time and/or a grind to pursue specific rewards? Thanks a lot.

Not really. Well, at least not like in other mmos where you can grind for guaranteed weekly tokens or other currency and drops to purchase different gear or mounts.
(edited 1 week ago)

hennethannun
1 week ago#9
MSUSpartan117 posted...
alpacino1983 posted...
MSUSpartan117 posted...

Not sure how new light works with year 1 exotic quests though most are given by NPCs and some just drop in the wild. You probably have some sitting in your quests already and you just don’t know they are exotic quests.

The forges, once unlocked, let you control what specific legendary weapon you want to craft with random rolls from forge specific weapons. Let’s you keep trying ad infinum until you get the drop you want. Some of the standouts include the pulse rifle (blast furnace), hand cannon (kindled orchid), and the sniper (Tartaras gaze).

Forges also are the only place where some exotics can drop like Jotunn and the bow, forgot the name, and has an exotic quest for Iznagis burden, one of the most powerful snipers

Forges have been changed considerably with shadowkeep, so I don't know if all of this information
Is still good.

User Info: Red_Armadillo

Red_Armadillo
1 week ago#10
As someone who has been playing since D1, I kinda forget just how much crap someone has to catch up on in this game.

Prophecy weapons will take a good while. I remember that grind. Warmind and everything associated with it like Polaris and Sleeper will take you a bit. Then you have Mida, Rat King, Acrius, World Line Zero, etc. And that it just year 1, I am leaving out a lot.

Forsaken has so much, especially with the annual pass. Forge exotics. Wish Ender. Shattered throne. Ace. Last word. Lumina. Thorn. Malfeasance. Truth.

You will be playing for a bit if you want to get everything.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. What are some activities I can chase?
  • Post New Message