You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Director's cut Part 1

User Info: remmus64

remmus64
1 week ago#1
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48058

First part of two, Luke Smith talks behind the scenes about the game, this time focus is on looking back while the next part coming later looks into the future.

User Info: Sloth9230

Sloth9230
1 week ago#2
One of the two gambits is getting cut eventuallly
A Valiant Vain Villain

User Info: remmus64

remmus64
1 week ago#3
Sloth9230 posted...
One of the two gambits is getting cut eventuallly

*plays Princes of the universe*

User Info: sadiztic666

sadiztic666
1 week ago#4
A whole lot of nothing.

What a waste of time that was.

User Info: Brother Ein

Brother Ein
1 week ago#5
Yeah I read thru it and meh... really stupid how he talks about the Bright Engram situation:

"We want to believe that our players would rather buy things they want from the store."

Bulls***. Who would honestly rather spend their Bright Dust (or even better, buy and spend Silver) for cosmetic s*** as opposed to earning it regularly by playing the game? I swear, Bungie has no understanding of their playerbase...

I also feel this season was made to be a huge sink for existing players' Bright Dust reserves so we won't have any for Shadowkeep. Also, calling it now, Bright Engrams are going away when Shadowkeep drops.

User Info: sadiztic666

sadiztic666
1 week ago#6
This is so dumb.

Ornaments should come from gameplay as well.

“We have made deliberate choices related to cosmetic items and not having them come from gameplay. Gameplay rewards are where you get items, power, mods, perk combinations, stats, triumphs, and titles. The aesthetics for armor blurs the line some – we want players to get cool armor from activities and the world that feel thematic to where they were acquired. Cosmetic items like universal ornaments, weapon ornaments, shaders, ships, sparrows, emotes, and finishers typically come from the store (There are exceptions, but generally speaking, that's how we think about this).”
(edited 1 week ago)

Sloth9230
1 week ago#7
One important thing. Don’t expect a BA or Opulence style loot chase in Shadowkeep.

They’ve been working on it long before getting any feedback on these seasons.

Also the reason season of the Drifter rewards system sucked butt.
A Valiant Vain Villain

Sloth9230
1 week ago#8
I like being able to earn things and then just buying whatever I’ve been unable to earn before the season ends. Like Overwatch.
A Valiant Vain Villain

User Info: BoxTheMuppet

BoxTheMuppet
1 week ago#9
He really knows how to say a lot while meaning nothing.
#1 at absolutely nothing!

User Info: BoxTheMuppet

BoxTheMuppet
1 week ago#10
Sloth9230 posted...
I like being able to earn things and then just buying whatever I’ve been unable to earn before the season ends. Like Overwatch.

Yup.
#1 at absolutely nothing!
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Director's cut Part 1