You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Anybody here use a PS4 Pro with SSD?

User Info: OUTLAW2009

OUTLAW2009
4 weeks ago#1
Does it actually make a difference?
My turds are actually a bit different now but it is still a different day...

User Info: The Business

The Business
4 weeks ago#2
I'm going to say yes. I have a PS4 Pro with an internal SSD and an external 4tb.

I load in about 10 seconds earlier than my clanmates. It's literally a running joke.
Do I have to give you THE BUSINESS?

User Info: OUTLAW2009

OUTLAW2009
4 weeks ago#3
The Business posted...
I'm going to say yes. I have a PS4 Pro with an internal SSD and an external 4tb.

I load in about 10 seconds earlier than my clanmates. It's literally a running joke.

I'm thinking of buying a 500 GB for $70 dollars right now, how fast does the menu load I know it's something that has always bugged me
My turds are actually a bit different now but it is still a different day...

User Info: sillybulanston

sillybulanston
4 weeks ago#4
It's noticeably faster. Logging in, flying to destinations, bringing up your inventory - it helps all of these.

User Info: DXMG

DXMG
4 weeks ago#5
In D1 I could get in the menu, use a synth, and be back out before anyone on a platter got the menu loaded.

In D2, I often load into strikes so early, there are no enemies, and often a wierd green impassable wall shortly after the spawn that only goes away once the other players get there, which can be like a minute, minute and a half sometimes.

User Info: Brother Ein

Brother Ein
4 weeks ago#6
I have two friends who use SSD, one says it's a great improvement while the other is only somewhat impressed. I do trust the one who said it was the great improvement better than the other guy.

No experience with SSD myself as I find it irritating that I should have to upgrade my PS4 to get this game to run better...

User Info: TomTomB

TomTomB
4 weeks ago#7
It's a huge difference. I only use an external one but still, I am almost always the first to spawn on the planet in Strikes or any other activities. Loading times in D2 are too long anyways and SSD prices have dropped a lot so it's a good investment imo.

User Info: Arctorus

Arctorus
3 weeks ago#8
OUTLAW2009 posted...
Does it actually make a difference?

It makes things load really fast. So YES. But the SSD only solves half the problem - the other half is network condition. Nothing related to your character or vault is stored on the console. That's all on Bungie's server. So network condition (time of day, are you wired or WiFi, is your router overloaded with other users) can cause a lot of slowdown. People seem to willfully ignore this aspect of the game, as if SSDs solve all of D2's speed issues. SSDs only solve half of the issues.
I could be wrong. I could be right.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: iljindaebak

iljindaebak
3 weeks ago#9
Yes it makes a noticable difference, esp on things like quickly bringing up menus and having items populate

User Info: The Business

The Business
3 weeks ago#10
I actually thought about this topic the other night when running some clanmates through the Corrupted Nightfall.

During the first "drop" I don't encounter a loading screen.

Lmao. It was actually funny because BOTH my teammates went "holy s*** dude you just flew through the loading pause!" and I honestly was like "There is a loading pause there?"

I'd NEVER loaded there. EVER.

So yeah, I guess you do skip some loading pauses.
Do I have to give you THE BUSINESS?
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Anybody here use a PS4 Pro with SSD?