You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. POLL: was the annual pass worth it?

User Info: D3ATHtoR3AP

D3ATHtoR3AP
4 weeks ago#21
biledriver posted...
nokillingmoths posted...
DirtyCerberus posted...
The-Juggla posted...
I wish it wasn’t so pvp based but it could have been way worse.

I wanna know what's so pvp based about anything we have gotten besides Gambit invading and a couple of pinnacle weapons?
Everything else is pve based.
The pvp side of this game is seriously lacking without modes like trials. It's seriously sad when the only pvp event we have to look forward to is iron banner.

Pveers whine about having to do any pvp. Tlw, a pvp weapon, annoyed people because you needed to do pvp activities to earn it. Madness.

There is no "PvP weapon". None. Sorry, chief.

Yeah there has been no PvP related things really added with the season pass..

I know your saying about TLW but there was only 1 step related to PvP... Much like thorn? The PvP community has not received anything new.

PVE has had the new forges, a raid , the revelry garden, the reckoning , gambit prime (Slightest PvP in this one).

Yet people are b****ing that the season pass is PvP based?! What world are you on... what game are you playing? I would love a pass that focused on PvP!
PS4:Just_Dann_, Youtube:UCOKBRqCQOCP8x_m4Lx2MHlQ

User Info: TomTomB

TomTomB
4 weeks ago#22
When I compare the price of the season pass with the amount of hours I have played, the price is more than justified.

But there is a big but. The content of the season pass was partially far from what I personally enjoy. I have nothing against a good grind here and there but what I had to do for the Forges (did the entire quest on 2 chars) was just an insane grind. I never ever will do that again for a few new weapons. It's just not worth it. Most of the rest was beyond unimaginative, repetitive and redundant.

If they sell another season pass for the time after September and they announce a similiar schedule, I will most probably not get it but wait till D3 is ready. I need another expansion with at least one new planet, one new type of enemy, strikes, patrols, public events, adventures etc. I am not here to read lore books. If you wanna tell me your story, give me story related quests and TELL the story. Don't make me read a book. I have a tablet for that and that's not why I am playing on my PS4.

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
3 weeks ago#23
TomTomB posted...
When I compare the price of the season pass with the amount of hours I have played, the price is more than justified.

But there is a big but. The content of the season pass was partially far from what I personally enjoy. I have nothing against a good grind here and there but what I had to do for the Forges (did the entire quest on 2 chars) was just an insane grind. I never ever will do that again for a few new weapons. It's just not worth it. Most of the rest was beyond unimaginative, repetitive and redundant.

If they sell another season pass for the time after September and they announce a similiar schedule, I will most probably not get it but wait till D3 is ready. I need another expansion with at least one new planet, one new type of enemy, strikes, patrols, public events, adventures etc. I am not here to read lore books. If you wanna tell me your story, give me story related quests and TELL the story. Don't make me read a book. I have a tablet for that and that's not why I am playing on my PS4.

lol good luck, i been saying this from the start of this annual pass crap.

they took this road because it's easier.

you can bet almost anything we're in store for another barebone pass in september.

not like we can do much about it, you either buy it / play it or put the game on the shelf an stop playing.

i probably should stop playing, but when you have so much invested in the game already it would be kinda s***ty to do so at this point.

oh well, i'll just go through the motions until d3, i mean i've pretty much been at this point for some time now so it's whatever.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
3 weeks ago#24
InjusticeReborn posted...
Will wait on the last content drop before I decide.

Same. I feel Penumbra will be the best of the 3 so it wouldn't be fair to grade it quite yet.

If I had to though, I'd give it a 6.5 or 7 so far.
LAL - PSN: Deuce-Cuatro
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win the SUPER BOWL - 1/13/19

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
3 weeks ago#25
Bout a 6.5 to me

If your talking was it worth the money, yeah that isn't even a realistic discussion for me. I played a ton during this whole season pass thingy. By comparison, I bought Sekiro for $30 and played for 3 weeks and got the plat now I kinda doubt I'll play it much more or ever again. A much lower dollars/enjoyment return.

Was the content great? Nah, not really. It was ok and it kept me playing but there is a lot of room for improvement. Honestly a lot of the time I just need an excuse to play this game as it still has the best gameplay out there for my money.
In the future both men and women will go to the gynecologist. But only women will be getting their moneys worth
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: thedarklordx3

thedarklordx3
3 weeks ago#26
terrysmay04 posted...
If your talking was it worth the money, yeah that isn't even a realistic discussion for me. I played a ton during this whole season pass thingy. By comparison, I bought Sekiro for $30 and played for 3 weeks and got the plat now I kinda doubt I'll play it much more or ever again. A much lower dollars/enjoyment return.

Dollars per hour isn't the only consideration though, a sandbox survival game can give you 3000 hours of grinding and creative mode but you likely wouldn't vote it the GOAT

Most mobile games are free and so is fortnite so the hours per dollar is infinite.
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga it's a way of life -DBZAOTA
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. POLL: was the annual pass worth it?