• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Destiny pros: what should I be doing?

User Info: CrispyBaconWiz

CrispyBaconWiz
1 month ago#1
I picked up Destiny 2, Forsaken plus the 2 expansions today. It was on sale for $19.99. I played the free weekend a few months ago but didn't get far. I had an ok time with it, but didn't want to pay full price. Couldn't pass up the great price.

I think I'm power 48. Should I start over? I remember the beginning being a bit too easy though. What's the best way to level?

I'd appreciate any tips. I only played vanilla Destiny 1.
Shakka, when the walls fell.

User Info: Berating

Berating
1 month ago#2
there's no reason for you to start over, except if you want to play from the start. then you can just play on a different character/class. but you can just pick up where you left off on whatever character you played without any issues

play every campaign (Red War, Curse of Osiris, Warmind, Forsaken), then come back if you have questions
"...i remember surrounding a coupla chimps outside a Kenny Rogers Roasters dude, off of highway 190."

User Info: Brick_Top_

Brick_Top_
1 month ago#3
Berating is the furthest from a pro on this entire site.

User Info: Judge-returned

Judge-returned
1 month ago#4
Start over if you feel like the class you chose doesn’t suit you. Otherwise keep going from where you left off.

You’ll need to play through Red War. I think it’s a drag and the story is boring so you could honestly try and breeze through it if you want. Curse is a waste of time. Warmind will give you access to a lot of good weapons so i suggest playing through it for that (you can ignore the story if you feel like it).

Once you reach level 30 you can play Forsaken. Up to you how long you take, but it’s crucial that you try to unlock the Dreaming City as soon as you can.

From there you’ll want to continue raising your power level if you want to play the Forges, Scourge, and Reckoning (all of that is annual pass content, so disregard this if you don’t want to buy the pass). There’s currently bounties offered by The Drifter to jump you to 640 power, which will help a lot.

User Info: The_Thinker

The_Thinker
1 month ago#5
Judge-returned posted...
Once you reach level 30 you can play Forsaken. Up to you how long you take, but it’s crucial that you try to unlock the Dreaming City as soon as you can.

Why is this important? I'm at a power level of 680+ on my main, and I've spent very little time in that region. Am I missing anything major?
Always 5 steps ahead

User Info: Berating

Berating
1 month ago#6
The_Thinker posted...
Judge-returned posted...

Why is this important? I'm at a power level of 680+ on my main, and I've spent very little time in that region. Am I missing anything major?

it has five additional powerful rewards per week, more if the Shattered Throne is available (with an exotic quest tied to it). the Dreaming City is on a three week cycle, with every week having a different story mission to complete. there's also a lorebook to be collected, and every week there's a different Ascendant Challenge (6 total) which are pretty cool

so a lot of great content after you're done with Forsaken's initial campaign
"...i remember surrounding a coupla chimps outside a Kenny Rogers Roasters dude, off of highway 190."

User Info: Brick_Top_

Brick_Top_
1 month ago#7
Berating posted...
The_Thinker posted...
Judge-returned posted...

it has five additional powerful rewards per week, more if the Shattered Throne is available (with an exotic quest tied to it). the Dreaming City is on a three week cycle, with every week having a different story mission to complete. there's also a lorebook to be collected, and every week there's a different Ascendant Challenge (6 total) which are pretty cool

so a lot of great content after you're done with Forsaken's initial campaign

I like you better when you’re going mental using more profanity than normal words.

CrispyBaconWiz
1 month ago#8
Thanks for all the info. I'm not sure I'd buy the pass. This $20 of content will probably keep me busy enough.

User Info: nufrancis

nufrancis
1 month ago#9
CrispyBaconWiz posted...
Thanks for all the info. I'm not sure I'd buy the pass. This $20 of content will probably keep me busy enough.

It will keep you busy around 6 months. I started playing September last year and havent stop. Season of Drifter content is the shortest compared to other season. It only take around 1 month to finish.
PSN: raulshcalke07

CrispyBaconWiz
1 month ago#10
nufrancis posted...
CrispyBaconWiz posted...

It will keep you busy around 6 months. I started playing September last year and havent stop. Season of Drifter content is the shortest compared to other season. It only take around 1 month to finish.

Probably much longer for me. This isn't my main game. I'm playing Anthem, and Mortal Kombat 11 is out soon.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Destiny pros: what should I be doing?
  • Topic Archived