• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Are you gonna move on to Borderlands 3 and stop playing Destiny 2 when it's out?

User Info: Judge-returned

Judge-returned
1 month ago#31
Ness0123456789 posted...
essay

Tone down the condescension, it looks ugly on you.

There’s no improper way for a person to manage the time in their life and if someone only has the time to play one game, especially one like Destiny or Borderlands that require more attention than an average single player game, then that’s fine.

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
1 month ago#32
Judge-returned posted...
Tone down the condescension, it looks ugly on you.

I'm sorry, but when people honest to god act like there's only enough time in the day to play one single video game at any given time, I have to honestly question what the hell these people are doing with their time.

It's not condescension, it's simply stating a fact - plenty of people can manage multiple video games at once. Asking if someone is going to quit Destiny 2 to go play another game is asininely stupid when it's more than possible to play both.

Judge-returned posted...
There’s no improper way for a person to manage the time in their life and if someone only has the time to play one game, especially one like Destiny or Borderlands that require more attention than an average single player game, then that’s fine.

I would most certainly argue that yes, there is some time mismanagement if a person has so little time for their hobby in their lives, that they're unable to something as simple as play more than one video game at a time.

Now obviously I'm not stating you should be able to play ALL the games ALL the time... But there's seven days in a week, and like I said - I can easily manage WoW, Destiny 2, and a single player game (usually a meaty 60+ hour RPG of some description more often than not) in all of that. Yes, sometimes that means I may not play WoW as much as I like, but as of right now, a week usually consist of a few hours of Hollow Realization during the afternoon after work, and a few hours of Destiny 2 at night knocking out milestones before bed. This is on top of a good two to three hours of my time I spend also working on my other hobby of writing. I can do this, because my girlfriend and I made the conscious decision of not having children, so that we can have more time doing the things we enjoy, such as playing video games, going out, and writing.

So..you know, like I said before - it's pretty damned asinine to make a topic acting as though time is so limited a person can only play one single game at any given time, or that a game is going to outright replace another game, and it's impossible to play, and enjoy, both. If your time is so extremely limited that you can only play a single video game for one hour a week...then that's on you, but it's certainly not the norm for people that actually treat gaming as a hobby, not a passing casual thing.

And I'm internally laughing at you thinking a three paragraph response is an essay. Makes me wonder what you must think of an ACTUAL essay length response to something.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: WFO66

WFO66
1 month ago#33
While Destiny has a ton of potential, it will never reach that potential due to Bungie being Bungie. After 2 games and all their bulls***, they've proven time and time again they won't change.

Bungie has had the luxury this entire console generation of no competition from a serious contender like BL. If Gearbox nails this and BL3 is amazing, Bungie might have to finally change their s***ty business tactics.

Here's hoping.
"Send me all your tired, weak, your hungry, sick, disgusted; My back is broke, flame is out, eyes and head are rusted; My arms are open wide"-Overkill
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Are you gonna move on to Borderlands 3 and stop playing Destiny 2 when it's out?
  • Topic Archived