• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Riven is the only Raid boss that we beat with our own strength instead of magics

User Info: Cosmickadet

Cosmickadet
2 months ago#1
When you think about it, Riven is the only Raid boss that we beat with our own strength, our own weapons, our own method instead of relying on a puzzle mechanic.

Same can be said to Atheon Y1 version that you can spawn kill in Year 3 before he even teleports you. Maybe not as much as Riven but similar tho.

Same might even be said to Golgoroth how Redeem killed Golgoroth without taking Gaze or standing in Rifts. They killed him with Sleeper, Melting points etc.
Currently play: Destiny 2, Monster Hunter World and Rainbow Six Siege

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
2 months ago#2
There's plenty of puzzle mechanics in the Riven fight. Like cleansing. And a "mystical" part, like running the Ascendant plane.

The community would rather shortcut it though.

And Riven actually wants to be killed too.

Hell, majority of the damage is supposed to come from popping her sores, and not our own weapons.

My point is, shooting clusters down her throat isn't the canon fight. So I disagree with your premise completely.
---

Cosmickadet
2 months ago#3
XxZiomaxX posted...
There's plenty of puzzle mechanics in the Riven fight. Like cleansing. And a "mystical" part, like running the Ascendant plane.

The community would rather shortcut it though.

And Riven actually wants to be killed too.

Hell, majority of the damage is supposed to come from popping her sores, and not our own weapons.

My point is, shooting clusters down her throat isn't the canon fight. So I disagree with your premise completely.

I agree that shooting Nukes in her mouth isn't canon fight but when you look it this way that all bosses have a mechanic that prevents us from nuking them immediately, right? Riven is the only one that allows herself to be nuked like a strike boss that has no immunity phases.

Cosmickadet
2 months ago#4
so instead of beating her through puzzle mechanics, we decided to beat Riven with our own strength. That's my point.

XxZiomaxX
2 months ago#5
We still have an Ascendant plane run.

And we have to purify her heart using the Techeuns.
---

Cosmickadet
2 months ago#6
XxZiomaxX posted...
We still have an Ascendant plane run.

And we have to purify her heart using the Techeuns.

ascendant plane is no puzzle. It's running to an objective.

The heart is a different encounter according to the triumph tab.

XxZiomaxX
2 months ago#7
Ascendant plane isn't a jumping puzzle? We've called everything similar a jumping puzzle (Dreadnaught ships, bridge out to Morgeth, etc.). I don't think you get to change that :p

That isn't Riven's heart? Considering that canonically she can still trap our fireteam inside her heart forever, it is certainly a large part of beating Riven. And we couldn't purify it without the Techeuns so...
LAL - PSN: Deuce-Cuatro
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win the SUPER BOWL - 1/13/19

Cosmickadet
2 months ago#8
XxZiomaxX posted...
Ascendant plane isn't a jumping puzzle? We've called everything similar a jumping puzzle (Dreadnaught ships, bridge out to Morgeth, etc.). I don't think you get to change that :p

That isn't Riven's heart? Considering that canonically she can still trap our fireteam inside her heart forever, it is certainly a large part of beating Riven. And we couldn't purify it without the Techeuns so...

i'm talking about in game. Heart is a differet encounter bcuz it says 6 encounters total.

My point is that Riven we beat with our strength instead of doing the mechanics. Which is a good thing.

XxZiomaxX
2 months ago#9
well I think it's a bad thing lol
LAL - PSN: Deuce-Cuatro
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win the SUPER BOWL - 1/13/19

Cosmickadet
2 months ago#10
XxZiomaxX posted...
well I think it's a bad thing lol

but many people are not capable of doing those callouts and Riven legit. I think it's a good thing bcuz I can carry newbies through it quickly and I can get LFG raids with it done easily. Also I know the fight is not meant to be like that, but it's still legit DPS and still no glitch or anything. Hence why Bungie will never fix it bcuz otherwise they have to change whole encounter.

I have Rivensbane and i'm super happy that it can be cheesed bcuz I did most of my raids with LFG. Thanks to the cluster strat, its easy and done quickly.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Riven is the only Raid boss that we beat with our own strength instead of magics
  • Topic Archived