• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Whats a good heavy for damaging primevals

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
2 months ago#1
Looking for some suggestions both legendary and exotic

Have been using hammerhead or thunderlord mainly but they don't really seem to be doing much

Any advice?
PSN: Finn_H93

User Info: ShiningHope2134

ShiningHope2134
2 months ago#2
I hear wardcliff and 1k voices are pretty good, but for a legendary I'd say anything with a boss spec.
It's time to give em a taste, of my sweet...sweet business.
PSN: CarnivalCarnage

User Info: Evil_Richie

Evil_Richie
2 months ago#3
Haven't tried it yet myself but Two Tailed Fox could be solid. It got a fairly hefty buff in the last update and the void rocket causes a debuff on the target (solar is DoT) so could help teammates.
GT: Evil Richie

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
2 months ago#4
1KV has been the king for me. You can do 50% of the Prime's health with a x4 stack easy. Probably 100% if your super is also a boss damager.

If you don't have it, then a MW Sleeper wrecks if you hit your precision

barring those, Wardcliff Coil

don't forget your Taken Armaments. makes these weapons even more destructive
LAL - PSN: Deuce-Cuatro
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win the SUPER BOWL - 1/13/19

FinnH
2 months ago#5
XxZiomaxX posted...
1KV has been the king for me. You can do 50% of the Prime's health with a x4 stack easy. Probably 100% if your super is also a boss damager.

Great advice. Will try 1K voices, and yeah im saving my taken armament mods for when I have my T3 gambit gear

User Info: dubfire

dubfire
2 months ago#6
Evil_Richie posted...
Haven't tried it yet myself but Two Tailed Fox could be solid. It got a fairly hefty buff in the last update and the void rocket causes a debuff on the target (solar is DoT) so could help teammates.

Can confirm TTF is pretty legit. 1 hit on envoys takes them to like 10% health, making them easy to finish off and it does good damage on Prime Evil.
XBOX - KyllSwych76, PSN - D31T3Y, Origin - PR43CH3R
Your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
2 months ago#7
Wardcliff and 1K voices are tops right now.

Beyond that Rocket launchers are a bit better than in the past. Shotguns and Jotun are both solid options in the special weapon slot as you do not have to stay in the pool of light for the damage bonus. Just passing through gives you the buff for about 10 seconds so shotgun rushing still works.
Women find nothing sexier than a man with a 9 to 5 job!
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

FinnH
2 months ago#8
terrysmay04 posted...

Beyond that Rocket launchers are a bit better than in the past. Shotguns and Jotun are both solid options in the special weapon slot as you do not have to stay in the pool of light for the damage bonus. Just passing through gives you the buff for about 10 seconds so shotgun rushing still works.

Did not know that, interesting thanks

Just need to get better so can get that 21% Delerium

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
2 months ago#9
FinnH posted...
terrysmay04 posted...

Did not know that, interesting thanks

Just need to get better so can get that 21% Delerium

Eh, do know MGs got a big nerf (25% iirc) when it comes to boss damage in the most recent patch. They are great for mobs and invaders, but they are bottom end damage dealers to bosses now.
Women find nothing sexier than a man with a 9 to 5 job!
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: Sephiroth0327

Sephiroth0327
2 months ago#10
FinnH posted...
XxZiomaxX posted...

Great advice. Will try 1K voices, and yeah im saving my taken armament mods for when I have my T3 gambit gear

You don't need to save it for T3 armor (unless you're getting it pretty soon). Put it on whatever other armor you want and then when you finally get the T3 armor, simply dismantle the Taken Armaments armor and you'll get the mod back
PSN: Sephiroth0327
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Whats a good heavy for damaging primevals
  • Topic Archived