• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. How are people so bad at this game?

User Info: Brick_Top_

Brick_Top_
4 weeks ago#1
Ever have one of those nights where you just shut the game off because you are so frustrated with the filthy amount of scrub being so bloody incompetent in every goddamn game mode?

I went on last night to do 4 Tier 2's of Reckoning for my powerful engram and failed 4/5 times.

My clanmates were all on Division 2 and I only wanted to bang out the 4 Tier 2's and then go on Division, but of course that wasn't going to happen.

First group failed miserably at the 3rd node on the bridge. They just kept dying. I don't understand because the modifiers were so easy. 2 of them were using Tether and 1 guy was using Nova, along with me using Nova.

The guy using Nova kept using it and dying from the blast. I almost messaged him but I knew I would get a communications ban.

One of the Hunter's using Tether was also using a Play of the Game. He was f***ing useless during the boss phase.

I don't understand how you just die over and over and over again on that bridge. Or worst of all, when it's time to kill the knights and you have to go kill that enemy with a big ass symbol above his head, I am always the only one there. People don't understand and try to kill the Knights in the middle of the f***ing map. I can't count how many times I have seen people use their supers right away on the Knights. People wasting all their heavy ammo on the bridge and then popping the knights with a f***ing scout rifle.

I just shut the game off after that. It is sickening just how awful people are at this game. I mean these people are all 680-690 (I'm 685) so it makes absolutely no sense that they are that awful.

These modes should have some type of gear check. Leveling up is meaningless any thumbless dope can level up. They plague this game and I feel so bad for people who solo all the time.

User Info: jacinto34

jacinto34
4 weeks ago#2
That was partially your fault. A warlock should be using Well. If the other Lock was using Nova, you should have had the sense to switch. Not saying it's all on you, but it's a team activity and it doesn't sound like you guys were playing as a team.
If you cannot distinguish your life from Hell, then you are already in Hell.
http://i.imgur.com/SEFfyN0.gif https://i.imgur.com/m7J6PB3.gif

Brick_Top_
4 weeks ago#3
jacinto34 posted...
That was partially your fault. A warlock should be using Well. If the other Lock was using Nova, you should have had the sense to switch. Not saying it's all on you, but it's a team activity and it doesn't sound like you guys were playing as a team.

Nope.

I don’t switch.

You don’t need a well with easy modifiers unless you suck.

User Info: TomTomB

TomTomB
4 weeks ago#4
Well you can play with expectations that people don't meet or adjust. Expect what people can't deliver and fail or adapt, make it easier for others and win. Your choice. Or never play with strangers to avoid playing with people who are sub par according to your expectations. Of course it is way easier for others if they can stand in a Well. And no 4 man team needs 2 Nova bomb Warlocks if one of them knows what he is doing.

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
4 weeks ago#5
So you didn't use the well, and then you get mad when your randoms die?

You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.
Women find nothing sexier than a man with a 9 to 5 job!
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: AssassinZeroOne

AssassinZeroOne
4 weeks ago#6
You should know what you are going to get with randoms. You definitely should adjust your class/loadout if you think it could go badly.

If there is no well of radiance I switch my Titan to ward of dawn with Helm of Saint 14. Makes it much simpler and less stressful. All I need to worry about is the teammates creating enough orbs of light for me. Honestly I rarely fail Tier 2 with randoms with this set up. It would be the same with a well of radiance.
(message deleted)

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
4 weeks ago#8
All I know is that the well has all but assured my completion of T2. When people bail out of there if they have full health they generally won't die in between compared to when they have been battered before running. At the very least it is gonna help.

And in my experience being alive is far more relevant to success than loadout.
Women find nothing sexier than a man with a 9 to 5 job!
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

Brick_Top_
4 weeks ago#9
terrysmay04 posted...
All I know is that the well has all but assured my completion of T2. When people bail out of there if they have full health they generally won't die in between compared to when they have been battered before running. At the very least it is gonna help.

If you think Well would save people who cant even run to a node, use a good loadout, or put out enough damage to the knights then you are clueless. 110 f***ing percent clueless. They will die to the knights even with well, they wont have the dps, youre oblivious.

User Info: AssassinZeroOne

AssassinZeroOne
4 weeks ago#10
terrysmay04 posted...

The well is a life saver doesn't matter who you are playing with. All the top players with organized teams use it, there's no reason not too.

Sounds like TC is playing with players who haven't played Tier 2 before, it happens. It is a new mode after all, not everyone looks at YouTube videos beforehand. It will be much easier in time, like the forges.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. How are people so bad at this game?
  • Topic Archived